Obama has been in office 11 hours, partied all day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
    sigh did obama just really sign a bill allowing tax dollars to pay for abortions
    hahaha, i knew someone was going to say something

embryonic stem cell research is also going to be allowed now as well

now, you may commence yelling about things that will never affect you

edit: yes, i guess the tax thing affects us some. but my taxes already go to things i dont want to pay for, this is just another.
    Last edited by Zeebu; 01-23-2009, 06:26 PM.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

you're an idiot
      sigpic

Comment

Good job on regurgitating material. But it wasn't through torture that they obtained information, it was via a "videotape recovered from the wreckage reportedly show[ing] Omar working with land mines and talking to al-Libi". That was the first and only concrete evidence they have against Omar other than knowing the fact that he was the one who killed a US military soldier on the day he was captured, a judgement that was made at the time of his capture, and not afterwards. This is only one case out of over 254, so unless you can find a different person, I wouldn't count on Khadr as a viable argument that his alleged torture accomplished much in obtaining additional information that had not already been obtained through other resources the military possessed.
        Last edited by Hakaku; 01-24-2009, 01:25 AM.
        Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
        -Buddha

Comment

oMEGA PRESIDENT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaku View Post
            Good job on regurgitating material. But it wasn't through torture that they obtained information, it was via a "videotape recovered from the wreckage reportedly show[ing] Omar working with land mines and talking to al-Libi". That was the first and only concrete evidence they have against Omar other than knowing the fact that he was the one who killed a US military soldier on the day he was captured, a judgement that was made at the time of his capture, and not afterwards. This is only one case out of over 254, so unless you can find a different person, I wouldn't count on Khadr as a viable argument that his alleged torture accomplished much in obtaining additional information that had not already been obtained through other resources the military possessed.
            Khadr placed Maher Arar in Afghanistan and connected him to Al-Qaeda. This was known from his interrogation by Canadian officials through the alleged torture by the CIA, 1 day after Arar is arrested and shipped to Syria where he probably was tortured during his 10 months incarceration. Syria isn't big on human rights. Only two confirmed cases of torture have taken place in Gitmo (or one in Gitmo the other at The Pentagon, too tired to look it up) the rest if they happened will never be made public. FBI testimonies have shown that tortured or not (again the CIA and US Military's idea of torture does not include waterboarding, sleep deprivation, exposure to extreme cold ect..) Omar Khadr was significant in Arar's arrest and illegal detention.

Khadr should stand trail in the US as an adult, if I agree with the Conservatives about anything it's that this family and Khadr himself are extremely dangerous and are not simply innocent victims.

To HTF: The removal of the Mexico City policy does not allow for funding of international NGOs to perform abortions, it provides funding to international reproductive heath organization regardless if they do perform or council for the operation. US funding goes towards HIV and STD prevention, contraceptives and other health material.

Comment

kolar, i still dont like paying for other peoples abortions.
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Do you even have a job or are you talking hypothetical?

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
                  kolar, i still dont like paying for other peoples abortions.
                  You're not because he rescinded the Mexico City policy. The ban applied to funding for HIV/STD prevention and contraceptive programs for NGOs based on whether they provided the operation or not, not funding for abortion.
                  Last edited by Kolar; 01-24-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
                    Do you even have a job or are you talking hypothetical?
                    I pay anywhere from 4-8 k a year in taxes.

Depends on mileage, how much money i donate ect
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Working...
                    X