economic poopfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• economic poopfest

this hitting close to home with anyone here?

it is for me

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

I've actually profited from the crisis, I just got a new part time job at an insurance company. A lot of companies are exchanging some of their relatively expensive full time employees for 'cheap' students to save money. It's an excellent opportunity to get into a well paid job or even career, from a student point of view.

Comment

It hasn't really affected me because Texas has been spared from much of the economic crap that is affecting the nation. The fact that we have such a large port, a bunch of large oil companies, and other jobs that are necessities to every day life in America mean that I basically get to sit in a crisis resistant bubble. I guess one of the only problems would be a couple of auto factories that we have, but that isn't really a significant percentage of Houston's economy.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

My job is directly tied to boeing staying busy, and when those fucktards went on strike a few months back it really screwed us. My company had to let a few people go, and everyone else got there hours cut from 40 to 32. Keep hearing this "any day it will get busy again" im so sick of it. of an 8 hour day i work i prolly actually work 4, the other 4 is just standing around bullshiting with no work to be done.

Also my GF's work (dispaches for a plumbing company) had to cut all there hours down to 35 a week and lay off plumbers because no one wants to pay for the rediculous price of plumbing right now.

shit sucks. Im glad Money/screwston got me hooked up on downloading movies, fuck if ill pay to go out for a while
        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

i work for a big company which is a little sluggish right now in general (last year's financial results were released earlier today)

even more unfortunate, the product i work on is tied very closely to the housing market

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
            i work for a big company which is a little sluggish right now in general (last year's financial results were released earlier today)

even more unfortunate, the product i work on is tied very closely to the housing market
            home depot is that you?
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
              home depot is that you?
              Cat

Comment

Zeebu builds the truckzzzz
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Cat
                  how the hell are you guys still in business? Aren't you directly tied to anything dealing with construction? I mean businesses aren't expanding anymore, and hell no are houses being built. The only light in the tunnel I see for you guys is demolishing lol.
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                    how the hell are you guys still in business? Aren't you directly tied to anything dealing with construction? I mean businesses aren't expanding anymore, and hell no are houses being built. The only light in the tunnel I see for you guys is demolishing lol.
                    ?????

Cat is one of the top 50 companies in the US

we are diversified as a company... i just happen to work in one of the struggling products

edit: here

Comment

You finding yourself defending your job on paper yet?
                      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

?????

Cat is one of the top 50 companies in the US

we are diversified as a company... i just happen to work in one of the struggling products

edit: here
                        I still don't understand. Yes, I did read that it would be the first company affected if the economy turned for the better. But what else does caterpillar do?
                        I don't believe being top 50 company means anything. Check the automakers, investment banks, and others. I'm amazed how you guys are making it through this is all. You are focused mainly on the housing market and construction business I presume, so what the hell, ?status energy: 0

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                          I don't believe being top 50 company means anything.
                          Yes, having sales/revenue/etc in the the top 50 of all US companies means nothing.

I feel ok working for a large discount retailer who buys product, among other places, from bankrupt companies. Times are a-ok.
                          The song doesn't make your hands clap,
                          The hand claps make the song

Comment

I lost a bit from superannuation and investments.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PUNK rock View Post
                              Yes, having sales/revenue/etc in the the top 50 of all US companies means nothing.

I feel ok working for a large discount retailer who buys product, among other places, from bankrupt companies. Times are a-ok.
                              I didn't mean it so bluntly, i'm just saying that even THEY are susceptible to bankrupcy and other serious financial problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X