DMCA - letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMCA - letter?

So i get home from work i open my mail and i get this letter.!!!

Anyone ever get this before and yes i like RED ALERT!
    sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
    I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
    tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
    im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
    i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

rofl i got owned too i got fined for using limewire
    Kthx> my aim is rustier then the box of condoms on izors desk

Stealth> aim and condoms do not rust... at least if they are kept well moisturized

=========================================

TWRC Op

Comment

change isp
      then google "safely using p2p"
      sigpic

Comment

http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

That's some crazy shit. Do they fine people regularly?
          DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
          Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
          Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
          -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

I got one once but they didn't specify the product. After a lot of googling I was pretty positive it came from either sierra or ea and had to delete all games I had from them, which was a lot =[

I'm usually very big on seeding torrents, but don't do it with popular games, maybe even movies. Leech and run and they'll probably not go after ya. Ow and running something like peer guardian helps a little ^^
            "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Here's the best part: You're using an internet provider called "Buckeye" that "takes complaints seriously". If you wanted to be taken seriously, why did you name your company "buckeye" ?
              sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
              1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Switch ISPs and I don't know why anyone in the US wouldn't be using Peer Guardian, Fit posted the link.

The RIAA and MPAA can have your ISP hand over your personal information to them based on IPs culled off of P2P networks. That happens after notices are sent out per the DCMA law. If they believe the notice didn't scare you off P2P entirely, they'll proceed with a lawsuit naming your IP (Jane/John Doe) claiming copyright infringement, pressuring your ISP as outlined above to release your information and at the same time suggesting a settlement outside of court for $1,000-5,000.

It's 50/50 if you go through with it. Sometimes they'll drop it and move onto their next mark and sometimes they'll fight it, those who do end up financially ruined and most of the time it's dropped. It's best to avoid it: use PG2, find out your ISPs policy on privacy and confidential information, switch if necessary and secure your wireless network. There are also alternatives to traditional P2P... Ninjavideo-tvlinks, Rapidshare links, VPN proxies ect... Services like those are centralized so you are not as vulnerable to a third party.

The MPAA/RIAA are very good at what they do; keeping any legal precedent from being set so they can continue to use the civil courts as if they are criminal courts and extort people.
                Last edited by Kolar; 02-05-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X