Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• english 101 with professor scuggs

today's lesson: doublespeak

"These cuts are very damaging — [the House bill] was put together very carefully. ... The funding goes directly to school districts, they are stimulative because they maintain jobs instead of cutting jobs."

(link)

can anyone point out the doublethink in this passage? 10 points
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

these?
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

yes, sir!

These cuts are very damaging — [the House bill] was put together very carefully. ... The funding goes directly to school districts, they are stimulative because they maintain jobs instead of cutting jobs."

Let's start off with the basics:

" These cuts are very damaging — " we have this to start us off, describing how the cuts are damaging. translation: House bill = BAD

then, we go into:

" The funding goes directly to school districts, they are stimulative because they maintain jobs instead of cutting jobs. " Well, i'll be dipped in shit and rolled in breadcrumbs, how is it bad if the funding maintains jobs instead of cutting jobs?

tone is taking over my body!: Hay guize diz es t0ne i haxx0rd 2 brain of Xog from alien spacehsip loolz but neway u guys gotta knowz the guvvament duznt want the you-es 2 have gud ecudation lalz

Comment

Working...
      X