• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts View Post

The master of fingerstyle funk:
    who is this?
    5:Kaiten> Flat out, life sucks =P
    5:VaGINa> ...Was your mom a Beaver, Cause Dam Girl
    5:Miami Chick> life is a chill boat ride with a couple of rocks and waterfalls
    5:Miami Chick> rofl
    5:Lumber> and a hurricane
    5:Kaiten> rofl
    5:Miami Chick> lol thanks lumber -.-
    5:Lumber> named Hurricane Herpes
    5:Kaiten> loooool
    5:Lumber> hahaha
    5:Miami Chick> l o l.

1:Mango.> i hit a black girl in the head with a bouncy ball today

Comment

wicked awesome - kinda like taylor is doing with their t-5 line - acoustic/electrics have come a long ass way sice a mic in the sound hole!

lemme know if you can gimmea ballpark quote on that baritone tho - with the pickups as well would be a nice fancy cool new toy
      xxXArsen's Music CollectionXxx

-C4L-

Comment

Originally posted by Miami. View Post
        who is this?
        it's definitely not Mr. Peanuts even though he posted the same bass. He just wanted everyone to know this random guy.
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Arsen View Post
          wicked awesome - kinda like taylor is doing with their t-5 line - acoustic/electrics have come a long ass way sice a mic in the sound hole!

lemme know if you can gimmea ballpark quote on that baritone tho - with the pickups as well would be a nice fancy cool new toy
          I didn't mention this prior in my posts, but the guitar pictured; the body is fiberglass reinforced polyester and the top is carbon fiber.

I make a pattern and then the mold from the pattern. At that point I can make the body as pictured. It sounds like my `72 acoustic Guild J50R but without the Jumbo body style when played acoustically.

To make the guitar you asked about would deal with making a new pattern and mold. Anything is possible, but I have a few of the ones pictured already in the works. I will let you know when I can start a new series.
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

hey 404 could you enable pms please. I need to talk to you about something!!
            Originally posted by Tyson
            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
            Originally posted by HeavenSent
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
            Originally posted by Izor
            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
              it's definitely not Mr. Peanuts even though he posted the same bass. He just wanted everyone to know this random guy.
              you can '</sarcasm>' now.
              5:Kaiten> Flat out, life sucks =P
              5:VaGINa> ...Was your mom a Beaver, Cause Dam Girl
              5:Miami Chick> life is a chill boat ride with a couple of rocks and waterfalls
              5:Miami Chick> rofl
              5:Lumber> and a hurricane
              5:Kaiten> rofl
              5:Miami Chick> lol thanks lumber -.-
              5:Lumber> named Hurricane Herpes
              5:Kaiten> loooool
              5:Lumber> hahaha
              5:Miami Chick> l o l.

1:Mango.> i hit a black girl in the head with a bouncy ball today

Comment

Picture of my guitars; the yamaha classical is suprisingly good considering it's about a $100 guitar.
                I've also tried to play the tin whistle and the harmonica at some point, but I've given up on instruments you have to blow in

To xog: how did you manage to befriend only people without instruments? Most of my colleagues and half of my friends own instruments at least and some of them even know how to play them
                "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

404 do you live off of making guitars nowadays or is it more of a sideproject? And did you go to a school for that? I saw that there's a school for making guitars, violins, violas, and cellos here in Chicago that is pretty neat.

Also, do you have a website for the guitars you've made?

Comment

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
                    Picture of my guitars; the yamaha classical is suprisingly good considering it's about a $100 guitar.
                    I've also tried to play the tin whistle and the harmonica at some point, but I've given up on instruments you have to blow in

To xog: how did you manage to befriend only people without instruments? Most of my colleagues and half of my friends own instruments at least and some of them even know how to play them
                    Haha I have that same classical guitar but I have an Epiphone Les Paul instead of the Epiphone you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
                      404 do you live off of making guitars nowadays or is it more of a sideproject? And did you go to a school for that? I saw that there's a school for making guitars, violins, violas, and cellos here in Chicago that is pretty neat.

Also, do you have a website for the guitars you've made?
                      I do not live off of making guitars. This is a side project that could possibly develop into something more. I did not go to school for this and I have learned quite a bit from reading, as well as buying old crap guitars $5 - 10 range that are beyond repair to take them apart and discover the tricks of the trade.

I also have aquired a lot of tools along the way in helping me repair and learn about guitars and even my mandolins. If you need a parts dealer, check out: http://www.stewmac.com There are lots of other Luthier suppliers, but StewMac is an easy one stop. As for fretboard blanks, check out: http://www.bellforestproducts.com/fretboard-blanks/ as they have some interesting wood available for the fretboards.

I will most likely start a website this summer once I have a few models to offer. I will hopefully have a new CNC machine to help me out in the next week or two allowing more detail and design work for the instruments!

I know of the school you are talking about in Chicago and my friend attended this school many years ago. He is now working on the side for the Smithsonian as an appraiser for American made Violins, Cello's and so on when he is not on tour with his band; he also make Violins, Cellos & Violas as well as he repairs them. Good school BTW if your going to get into this line of work.

Comment

404 - if you can render a design using KOA wood instaed of carbon fiber - it would be awesome saucesome

-C4L-

Comment

404 - if you can render a design using KOA wood instaed of carbon fiber - it would be awesome saucesome
                          Koa is a nice wood to use for a body but I am not working with wood.

I am working only with Fiberglas Mats, Carbon Fiber and Kevlar/Carbon Hybrid fabrics at this time.

The only wood on the guitar is the neck and bridge & this may change too in having an associate that works in and can fabricate for me graphite necks and bridges.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                            Koa is a nice wood to use for a body but I am not working with wood.

I am working only with Fiberglas Mats, Carbon Fiber and Kevlar/Carbon Hybrid fabrics at this time.

The only wood on the guitar is the neck and bridge & this may change too in having an associate that works in and can fabricate for me graphite necks and bridges.
                            WOOD IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO MAN!!!!

-C4L-

Comment

WOOD IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO MAN!!!!
                              If you would want an all wood barritone guitar made from Koa, you'd be looking at an estimated cost of $3,900.00 - $4,500.00.

I unfortunately do not work with wood all that much anymore and my business of trade is in the FRP, CF and Kevlar fields.

Comment

I wouldn't buy your guitars then, wood or nothing.

And btw, isn't carbon very expensive.

AND carbon tends to change from black to yellowish/black.

And is it easy to fix cracks, don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X