Do you have a sibling? I could use your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a sibling? I could use your help

I'm in a psychology class, and I have a research project due about how birth order correlates with academic achievement. I had thought it was due at the end of the semester, but I just found out it's due Wednesday morning. Therefore I need to collect a lot of data quickly. To that end I'm asking for your help in answering these 2 questions. (If you're not from the USA you get special directions at the end, so please read through it all)

Do you have a sibling? If so, please answer these 2 questions for my psych project. If you don't have a sibling, perhaps you have a friend who has siblings that could answer this. I really need as much info as possible.

Question 1: List your age/gender and your siblings ages and genders
    Example:
    A. 24/F
    B. 21/M
    C. 19/F

You don't have to make note of which one is you and which is your siblings, it doesn't matter

Question 2. List your relative scores on the SAT
    Example:
    A: Highest score (Either list the numerical value or if you don't feel like it's anyone's business you can just write -0 for the highest score)
    B: -80
    C: -50

If you don't know exactly how your scores compare either A. Find out in the next 24 hours. B. Make a reasonable guess if you have a pretty good idea. C. Simply rank from highest to lowest. I would prefer choices A or B.

If you and all your siblings are too young to have taken the SAT, well you can't help me, no worries. If you don't live in the USA and don't take the SATs could you instead simply rank your scores between your siblings and yourself in whatever standardized test you may have all taken; with 1 being scored the highest. For example
    A. 1
    B. 3
    C. 2.

I know taking a survey of people on subspace is highly inaccurate, but hell it's better than me just making data up, which is basically what I"m going to have to do if I get no respones. Please help me out and respond to this.
    Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 04-21-2003, 06:12 PM.

Answer #1
    A. 25/M
    B. 32/M

Answer #2
    A. 1420
    B. -40
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Answer #1
      A. 40/F
      B. 23/M

Answer #2
      A. 1450
      B. 1300
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Thanks Conc and Gerbz.

While we're at it, if you happen to know the verbal and math scores and want to separate them like -10 M, -30 V; maybe I'll do something with that. If you only know the total scores, that's good enough, as that was my original plan. But hey more data couldn't hurt. But whatever you guys can give me is great. If I can get like 15 responses from subspace players it would make my day.
        Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 04-21-2003, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Answer #1
          A. 20/F
          B. 17/M

Answer #2
          A. 900 (dunno make up)
          B. 760/720 M/V

Comment

Answer #1
            A. 21/M
            B. 18/F

Answer #2
            A. 1360
            B. -20

My little sister owns me.
            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Verthanthi, you got a 1480 and your sister got a 900? You said made up, but I mean is that roughly what she got or are you just joking, because that's a really huge difference.

By the way if anyone is holding back because they don't want to reveal their scores, I probably wasn't very clear. When I said "highest score" I meant you could actually write the phrase "highest score" and not the numerical value. Scores are appreciated, but if you don't want to reveal them simply writing the +- is fine. That's what's most important to me. For example you could write.

A. -0 (this was the highest score)
              B. -120

I edited my original post so hopefully it's more clear now. Real scores are nice to have though for statistical analysis so if you don't mind sharing I thank ya for it.
              Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 04-21-2003, 06:13 PM.

Comment

we don't have anything like SAT in the Netherlands... do IQ values count?

Comment

Eh no, I'm going to pass on IQ values. The study is more concerned with how birth order affects achievement as you develop rather than innate knowledge which is what IQ scores are supposed to reflect. If you just say who did better in school that would be sufficient to help me some. I choose SATs because that let's me easily run statistical tests on numerical values, but also having more data for just who performed better among siblings is helpful. If you don't have SATS or other kinds of standardized tests that everyone takes, simply rank on who got the better marks in school.

Ex:
                  A. 1
                  B. 3
                  C. 2

with 1 being did the best of the 3 of us.

If it's not clear cut, then just don't worry about it.
                  Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 04-21-2003, 06:23 PM.

Comment

A. 23/F
                    B. 22/M
                    C. 19/M

A. 1
                    B. 2
                    C. 3

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                      Verthanthi, you got a 1480 and your sister got a 900? You said made up, but I mean is that roughly what she got or are you just joking, because that's a really huge difference.
                      It's about what she got (plus or minus about 20). Yeah.

Comment

Question #1

A: 17/M
                        B: 14/F

Question #2

A: 1
                        B: 2

Comment

Re: Do you have a sibling? I could use your help

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                          I know taking a survey of people on subspace is highly inaccurate, but hell it's better than me just making data up, which is basically what I"m going to have to do if I get no respones. Please help me out and respond to this.
                          There is one thing I learned in college: every test and every survey made by a student are SOOO not reliable
                          some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                          1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                          1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

A: 26/F
                            B:23/M
                            C:17/F

A:-110
                            B:1310
                            C:-60

I WIN

gl sleepy.
                            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

A: 25/M
                              B: 23/F
                              C: 20/M

A. 2
                              B. 3
                              C. 1
                              TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

Working...
                              X