Career, is there such a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career, is there such a thing?

Have you ever thought how many of those occupations are just useless. There is a reason why the payment your government give to jobless people is called ‘social security’. Sometimes I couldn’t help but think, although there are people contributing to the society, like farmers, factory workers, scientists (although some of them are also helping to destroy humanity) engineers & medical persona (to me, some experienced nurses are just as valuable as doctors), other industries are just … well … are just there to give people something to do, keep them under control. You see, when you getting paid US$100, 000 and more and have to work 50+ hours a week, there is little time and energy left to consider what is the meaning of all you are doing.

In a way, the world peace depends on people not thinking. If the world is full of highly intelligent, highly educated people who think a lot and acting on their ideas, there will be … anarchy.

p.s. as always this kind of thread is always submitted when I am drunk, because I secretly suspect suffering from attention deficit disorder, I am probably more productive when I am drunk, hahaha!
    ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

My boss probably beg to differ. After have received a reasonable bonus and salary increase, I foresee a poor half yearly review coming.

But the truth is that (probably a cocky way of saying things), I got skills, if it doesn't work out with this job, I WILL find something else. The sad truth is: from my past experience, I always have, and always with a equal or better salary (twice more than 30% +). But then again at the end of the day, does it matter? Is my life only worth A$90k a year? And if I am indeed become unemployed for a year or more, do I become less worthy?

On a grander picture: is there anyways to improve our efficiency (most probably with the employment of machines and artificial intelligence & less redundant job categories), can we finally make ... the world a more efficient place ... and thus maybe a happier place?

Or (on a groomer note) we are just doomed with the drowsy drums. We are just meant to reproduce. There really is nothing there other being the vehicle of passing on the genes in some physical forms?
    ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Time to put down the bottle.
      (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

i got webcam and a bag of sultanas
        bigdigger21@msn.com
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TagMor View Post
          i got webcam and a bag of sultanas, but no penis.
          bigdigger21@msn.com
          ff
          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
          3:Shadowmere> LOL
          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
          Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> With his feet
          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Are there stuff in the fur depth end of the universe that we are not be able to comprehend???

sidenote: When searching for the exact text to paste into this reply, the thread I found it in was shockingly similar
            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

[telcat]Does flowers really exist or are they just a mass hallucination?[/telcat]
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Anyone know of a poor established Plumber or Electrician? Good career to have.

Useless occupations are those that work for others in large corporations, hinged on the fact that they are always expendable and offer nothing but data entry and dime a dozen computer skills of which the person can be replaced every year by someone else for less salary and benefits. Plenty of skilled people out of work that will take a job for less pay and be just as productive.

So TelCat...what are these skills that you may have that are above others that would make you special and not to be replaced once you are costing a company more than your worth?
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Hi. i'm a master electrician. im better than all of oyu

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                    Anyone know of a poor established Plumber or Electrician? Good career to have.

Useless occupations are those that work for others in large corporations, hinged on the fact that they are always expendable and offer nothing but data entry and dime a dozen computer skills of which the person can be replaced every year by someone else for less salary and benefits. Plenty of skilled people out of work that will take a job for less pay and be just as productive.

So TelCat...what are these skills that you may have that are above others that would make you special and not to be replaced once you are costing a company more than your worth?
                    I do not work for a large corporation. I am a software developer in a finance company.

So why do I claim I have some skills?

First of all, finance love people who have a finance background but very good with maths, preferably have a degree in maths/physics or engineering. I have a degree in engineering and postgrad degree majored in finance.

Second of all, with my last job, I have been a consultant (a fancy term for a BA or a developer who works directly for the clients on company's behave), and I have worked on projects for a few banks. It looks good on my resume, although to tell you the truth, the business knowledge I have learned from those 2 years as a consultant is not as much as what I have learned in the first half year at my current job.

Third, I have 5+ years software development experience (some are part time).

Fourth, I am not too sure whether you are familiar with the front office environment in investment banking. Basically I work with people who make a lot money. Bonus of half million a year is very common. But higher the return, higher the risks. Half of the people come to become traders won't last half a year. It isn't just for everyone.

To be in such a environment, you have to be tough. I am both tough and aggressive, very suitable for such a role :greedy:

And most important of all, all my friends who have my skill set & experience and is working in the finance field are either earning at least 50% more than I do or without a job (because of the financial crisis), retrenched from jobs with salary twice more than what I am earning <_<
                    ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

But let's not go off the track ... I am so disheartened. I am looking for a reason to live, a passion, a real passion, a consuming, can't-live-without, large-than-life passion. And maybe the cause for this kind passion does not exist.

Maybe we should just settle to be a bunch of monkeys who see the show unfolds.
                      ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

and yet one more drone hoping and trying to convince themselves that they are unique and rare diamonds in the rough.

yes I'm sure there aren't younger asian chicks with bigger tits/look better than you/are sluttier than you with less experience that would get hired within a month of you leaving the way the economy around the world is right now. And when I say I'm sure there aren't, I'm sure there are.

you're as easily replaceable as the bottle of denial you're downing to make the worries go away
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Did you know that 90% of the US workforce is "Employed" or "Self-Employed" and only controls 5% of the wealth in the country? "B-type Businesses" and "Investors" are only 10% of the US Workforce and control 95% of the country's wealth.

S and E types trade time for $, the more time you put into your job/career the more money you get, but in most every career there is a cap at how much you can make. I(nvestors) trade $ for more $$, but B-types LEVERAGE a system to work FOR them to make a constant flow of income that may never have a limit. (see Franchises)

Quite interesting especially when the sheeple of America are TOLD from day 1, to get schooling, degrees, student loans, jobs etc etc. and they believe this is how things are done and that there is nothing else.

You don't have to take my word for it though, just look into Robert Kiyosaki and his Cashflow Quadrant.

Comment

some occupations may be useless - by what standards?

if a job was useless, it wouldn't be done. if a service was useless, it wouldn't be purchased.

of course, governments hire people where they are not needed, to perform services that were not demanded. but that's government.

your post has way too many ignorant assumptions for me to even begin to attempt a more thorough post... good luck on your drunk soul-searching. this is what happens when you post your tits on the internet.
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 420 View Post
                              Quite interesting especially when the sheeple of America are TOLD from day 1, to get schooling, degrees, student loans, jobs etc etc. and they believe this is how things are done and that there is nothing else.
                              They should. You have to get schooling, degrees, student loans, jobs etc. to become a successful investor (and I'm not talking about people that get real lucky home investing, which is a very small minority). I got my Finance Bachelors and then my MSF. I worked hard, and now I have a job, and I'm still paying off student loans.

Sure, I could become an investment banker, work on Wall Street, whatever, but making more and more money isn't what's important in life. I'll be a Financial Advisor (or Manager), for whatever corporation keeps me, for the rest of my life because it's what I like to do and it's stable.

Comment

Working...
                              X