• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riot in the streets! Iran's Revolution 2.009

HELL YEAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la7oXAkkysk

first minute and 20 seconds are some text and images

not much coverage telling much about whats going on over there. Plus most media outlets are closed down (internet, cell phones) But being Iranian here in the states I have access to iranian satelite, majority of the ppl there are in the streets rioting because the elections were rigged, no doubt about it judging the amount of pissed off people whose' opinions were ignored and were treated like dog shit even though they had a 85 percent voter with 42 million people voting.

landslide my ass

THE REVOLUTION IS HERE

FREE IRAN o/
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

I hope it's a bigger story when I wake up.

Fuck yeah, go Iranians.
    SEE THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WIT YOU WHITE MUHFUCKAS, YA'LL ALWAYS TRYNA -FORCE A MOTHAFUCKA TO DO SOMETHIN- YA'LL ALWAYS TRYNA FORCE A MUHFUCKA TO SEE SHIT YOUR WAY.
    AND IT BACKFIYAHS. EVERY. FUCKIN. TIME.

o// REVERE ILYAZ, JASON & GRAN \\o

Comment

I think if this succeeds the US and Iran will be a lot closer in foreign policy. That is assuming the new president (if this succeeds) isn't anti-American or anti-western world type of a person.

I don't really know the situation though, just what you see on the news, which is always only a part of the true story.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

nothing will come of this. Just a bunch of dead liberal iranians and a Jew Hating president.
        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          I think if this succeeds the US and Iran will be a lot closer in foreign policy. That is assuming the new president (if this succeeds) isn't anti-American or anti-western world type of a person.

I don't really know the situation though, just what you see on the news, which is always only a part of the true story.
          he is under house arrest right now

he was a former prime minister in the 80s (which was practically during the iran-iraq war) and he lead the reformist party.

Accusing Ahmadenijad that he shamed iran on the international stage, destroyed our economy, and basically everything else the youth and most people in iran hate about him.

so he wins the re-election with a landslide 68 percent to his 32 %

obviously a lot of ppl knew it was rigged (wasnt the first time either) so the iranian people didnt wait for the next election and took it to the streets

here's some good pictures describing the events that is poorly being not made news off by any of the main stream media

most of the reports is through youtube/facebook/twitter/etc

here's some great pics of whats going on

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mousavi...th/3621715877/
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
            he is under house arrest right now

he was a former prime minister in the 80s (which was practically during the iran-iraq war) and he lead the reformist party.

Accusing Ahmadenijad that he shamed iran on the international stage, destroyed our economy, and basically everything else the youth and most people in iran hate about him.

so he wins the re-election with a landslide 68 percent to his 32 %

obviously a lot of ppl knew it was rigged (wasnt the first time either) so the iranian people didnt wait for the next election and took it to the streets

here's some good pictures describing the events that is poorly being not made news off by any of the main stream media

most of the reports is through youtube/facebook/twitter/etc

here's some great pics of whats going on

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mousavi...th/3621715877/

wait... whose under house arrest and what is really going on?

So who is the "good" guy out of all this? I'm assuming the former president was the one who rigged the elections...

I'm just a bit confused because there isn't a whole lot of media out there covering this
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

ok

Ahmadenijad was the old president (remember him? the guy who denied hte holocaust, and said there's no gays in iran, and practically pissed off a lot of ppl especially good ole america)

Moussavi is the leader of the reformist party (the guy under house arrest)who wants open relations with President Obama, and has said Ahmadenijad has ruined the image of what the Iranian people want for a declining group of religious conservatives

Khameni, the Aya-a-tolah is the religious leader of the Islamic Republic and has the final word on anything in the matter, and practically shut the door on any dispute from the obvious rigged elections and said that Ahmadenijad's win is a "Divine Assesment" and basically gave his stamp of approval to the guy that a lot of people don't want in power.

So they blocked off most media outlets, and theres basically no coverage from any of the main stream media, I hope that helps
              sigpic

Comment

So what's the next step for the Iranian populous? If riots aren't working and the media is shut off, what can possibly be done?

Comment

I mean even supposing (this won't happen) they reverse the results of the election it's not as if the President of Iran is a particularly influential position in terms of policymaking or... anything really. It's just about who the public face is.

I do think it's interesting just how unsuccessful democracy is in most of the world. Seems like 1/2 or more of the elections you hear about are rigged, reversed, abused, etc. Makes you wonder whether "exporting democracy" or "promoting democracy" is a particularly effective or even desirable foreign policy goal.
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

the suspense is killing me
                    sigpic

Comment

viva iran
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                        I mean even supposing (this won't happen) they reverse the results of the election it's not as if the President of Iran is a particularly influential position in terms of policymaking or... anything really. It's just about who the public face is.
                        you don't understand

it's not just about the election being rigged

Most of iran is practically tired of the islamic republic and all the shit they've done to the people

There's been a lot movement flowing through most of the new generation who has taken over, and they pretty much had a spark lit to their fire through the elections cause The Islamic Republic cleric counsel practically backed Ahmadenijad and possibly rigged it themselves
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                          ok

Ahmadenijad was the old president (remember him? the guy who denied hte holocaust, and said there's no gays in iran, and practically pissed off a lot of ppl especially good ole america)

Moussavi is the leader of the reformist party (the guy under house arrest)who wants open relations with President Obama, and has said Ahmadenijad has ruined the image of what the Iranian people want for a declining group of religious conservatives

Khameni, the Aya-a-tolah is the religious leader of the Islamic Republic and has the final word on anything in the matter, and practically shut the door on any dispute from the obvious rigged elections and said that Ahmadenijad's win is a "Divine Assesment" and basically gave his stamp of approval to the guy that a lot of people don't want in power.

So they blocked off most media outlets, and theres basically no coverage from any of the main stream media, I hope that helps
                          Ok that makes sense.

So Ahmadenijad is the dictator that is oppressing the people, the people have been pissed off for the past 5 years, and finally act upon it with a rigged election.

From what I understand about the Iran elections, they are not really democratic elections at all anyway. The Islamic council or whatever picks 4 candidates it chooses, and then the people vote, am I right? What you are adding to that is that they have the final say anyway, so it doesn't matter what the vote count is, because they will change it to their liking?

Makes sense. Dictatorships never last. Either they 1) get destroyed in a war (nazi germany) 2) crumble upon themselves (soviet union) or 3) start to transform into a normal society (china)

I guess people have predicted this for a long time. The thing that strikes me as odd is that we are led to believe Iranians HATE america, and so why would they want to support a guy who wants to create friendly relations with the USA? I'm sure not everyone is so blinded by hatred, but you always see riots on tv stirring up fear etc, showing Iranians burning US flags and saying death to the US etc etc etc.

I dunno. At any rate, I find it quite interesting that so many people can demonstrate like that at once. As far as I've read, Mir Hossein Mousavi isn't exactly a great speaker, or someone who seems to lead a revolution. I think its pretty cool that these people can all come together to do this without a true leader taking charge and telling them how to do it. That is power of the people right there.

So do you see this thing working out, or will it fizzle out soon and the old regime will take hold again? I know it is called Islamic Republic and all, and 97% of Iranians are muslim, but I am pretty sure most realize it isn't anything more then a cover up dictatorship. I mean, its the same philosophy that germany and the soviet union used. Soviets used marxism/leninism as their religion, nazi's used arayan pride/nationalism/hatred for the jews as their religion, and the Islamic Republic used Islam as its religion. I dunno... I guess im rambling on, but this is pretty interesting.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

well here's the thing it's not exactly a dictatorship

it's just a council of clerics that run the show (through God)

It's really no different what the US does, they run their election with the ppl deciding and goes to a source to be counted (US has the electoral college, and last I checked I couldnt vote for that person to represent me, so obviously I don't know the votes are properly represented and cmon could you see a non-christian man running for president in USA?)

but the results comes out in a landslide victory by the religious conservative backed president

which is obvious bullshit

and Moussavi was a former prime minister, so I don't see why he has a problem with talking or leading as he lead this campaign to the stage of revolution

probably because he's not speaking english, must be something like that
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, from what I've read, Mousavi was one of the people who helped design some of the worst oppressive parts of the Islamic Republic when Ayatollah Khomeini was in power.

so... I know he is promising change... but isn't that a lot like Mohammad Khatami who promised the same thing in 1997? As far as I know, he was more of a puppet with the Islamic Republic regime, and just used his "reformer" attitude as a way of drawing out the revolutionarys into the public, so they could be punished/tortured/imprisoned whatever.
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X