Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got in a 3-car accident with a drunk driver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dutch_ View Post
    "minor injuries and inconveniences - can I sue the other guy for this?"

Only in America. Do you guys know all the euros point and laugh when we read another crazy story about Americans suing each other? When you try that stuff over here, the judge will give you a fine for wasting his/her time. I mean, cmon. Really?

I have nothing against Americans though. Its a great country.
    Thanks for the info.
    (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      fixed it for you L1, newbie
      Why the fuck would I say that to myself you faggot, come to elim and get mushed in the cunt.
      IF YOU EVER DREAM OF BEATING ME, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND APOLOGIZE.

1:Vermillion Flame> crap, why is it so hard to grab just one newbie lol

1:Vermillion Flame> i've noticed that. a real lack of supply of players here

1:Vermillion Flame> i never thought a single newbie could be so precious
      yo dog, I heard you like driving, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive
      Originally posted by tone
      no you son of a bitch debunker

Comment

+ the other guy's car is wrecked he has cuts all over and a broken shoulder. I would say he learned his lesson.

Comment

If you've ever watched television or seen a billboard you will know a number for a personal injury lawyer in your area. They will meet with you for free to talk about your case and I'd suggest you do it just to see what happens. Like Panda's story, you likely could skate away with a few grand if the guy is rich and doesn't want to go to court. Use some judgment, don't try to fuck this guy's life just because you can but you're certainly entitled to some compensation.

PS: Dutch legal system is a pile of fuck.

Comment

I don't know about our legal system perse, I just know that our jail times are a joke.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
              I did a 360 before going in to the grass and going over a steep ditch. then I lost control of the car and slid a good 20 yards or so into the metal wire median.
              So wait...you did a 360 into the grass and over a ditch BEFORE you lost control of the car??

Anyway, take him for all he's worth, even if he has to deal with DUIs and what not, he could've killed several people.
              Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by L1 TW View Post
                TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T DIE
                Really? Really....?
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I'm a firm believer that drunk drivers get whatever they deserve. If he truly was drunk, and endangering the public, fuck him.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                    insurance will usually cover rental car, if not then they will probably just bill the other guys insurance for it. the "pain and suffering" is what I don't agree with. from what it sounds like you made it out relatively alright. the dude is already going to be in a shit load of trouble with the law and up to his eyeballs in debt thanks to his idiocy, don't kick a man while he's down.

sure, if you want you can probably pursue the cash and win and feel good that you taught this idiot a lesson, and he is an idiot, don't get me wrong. but really what you are doing is perpetuating a horrible cycle of litigation that has gone on far too long in this country.

there was a kid in my high school that had his family sued after T-Boning a lady after he smoked a blunt on an icey night. i hate the kid and would never fucking even hang out with him, but they sued him for "pain and suffering" by covering the lady's therapist bills AND lost work pay because she was too scared to drive for a month.

I mean. Really?

There's a vast difference of potential death for multiple people vs 'too scared to drive for a month'. Personally, I'd sue him for a good chunk but not something ridiculously over the top.

Also, Dutch: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...15&postcount=7
                    Last edited by Broly; 06-22-2009, 03:58 AM.
                    Girl if it's alright,
                    100%.

Comment

On the reals: Dutch_ isn't far off. We sue at the drop of a hat anymore. It's pretty ridiculous.

Think of all the warning labels you see on things that don't need them:

Coffee (WARNING: This shit is hot, bitch! You might burn your tongue if your dumb ass doesn't realize that hot liquids are indeed HOT. Not for anal application.)

Cigarettes (WARNING: Unless you actually like the idea of being on compressed oxygen when you're 40, it's probably not a good idea to smoke these. If you're preggers, you may end up with some cracked-out nicotine child, but hey, it's your funeral, right? Not for anal application.)

Plastic fucking BAGS (WARNING: You let your kid play in these? What kind of a parent are you, you worthless zombie fuck?)

Know why those warnings are there? One of two reasons: 1) They got sued and now do it to say "we told you so", or 2) they're preemptively covering their ass. For what? Am I too fucking stupid to realize that coffee can be hot? Am I too blunt-headed to realize that ovens are indeed not a good place for a 3 year-old to nap?

We sue, and we sue, and we sue. It's not The World vs. the US, it's just plain fact.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't really care what you do. But I agree with DTF that the most sane course of action to me seems to just get your car (and yourself) fixed with insurance money, and unless you're more injured than you've let on, let that be it. The guy was drunk, he got arrested, and he's going to be in twelve metric shit-tons of legal and money trouble. Unless he also fucked your mother, then karma is already reaping it's comeuppance.
                      Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 06-22-2009, 04:44 AM.
                      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by L1 TW View Post
                        TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T DIE
                        Oh don't worry, I almost died in another crash a month later. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm?
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

My grandmother was driving on Ocean Parkway (8 lane road, 4 1 direction and 4 in the other, with a section in the middle for emergencies) and hit a man running across the street. She was going 25. The dude was near the middle lane, coming from the side of the road. He almost got hit by another car, made it into the next lane, only to be thrown 30 feet in the air by my grandma's windshield. The windshield was bashed in, along with a couple other cosmetic damages.

She got sued for $100,000. (thank GOD her insurance company actually paid ALL OF IT)

SUE HIS FUCKING ASS. It's most likely not even coming out of his pocket; it's coming out of his insurance company's pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                            Oh don't worry, I almost died in another crash a month later. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm?
                            Maybe start riding the bus?

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
                              EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't really care what you do. But I agree with DTF that the most sane course of action to me seems to just get your car (and yourself) fixed with insurance money, and unless you're more injured than you've let on, let that be it. The guy was drunk, he got arrested, and he's going to be in twelve metric shit-tons of legal and money trouble. Unless he also fucked your mother, then karma is already reaping it's comeuppance.
                              I understand that this guy is in some deep shit and the fact that you have sympathy for him. But think of it this way: he already HAS a lawyer, and is denying that he DUI'd and that somehow one of the cars on the right side of the road hit him. This means I'll have to take a day of vacay and go back to PA for his trial. So yes, as per Gall's exceptional suggestion, I could just let it all slide and try to go to this trial with a straight face, or I can call shenanigans and sue this guy for what's rightfully mine.

In any case, I've decided to let the insurance company handle everything. However if the drunk driver doesn't man the fuck up and take some responsibility for what he's done, I'll be making additional claims because he's a asshole, and can probably afford to learn the lesson a little bit better.

edit: as for your other examples - they're examples of douchebags getting what they DIDN'T deserve. If some guy is 100% liable for ruining your shit (on NO fault or clumsiness of yoru own) and ends up taking the coward's way out, would you really let him walk? I'm not asking him for a million dollars here. I'm thinking like 200 bucks for a rental, then maybe 100 for all these glass cuts I have on my arms.
                              Last edited by Bioture; 06-22-2009, 12:39 PM.
                              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Take my advice bio and talk to a personal injury lawyer, it doesn't cost money for most of them. Or you could get a lawyer friend to write a scary letter and maybe come away with an out-of-court settlement.

How is he arguing he wasn't drunk, was he not arrested?

Comment

Working...
                                X