the screwtape letters 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the screwtape letters 2010

Excellent book, probably one of the best I've ever read. I hate Christian apologetics and it was still very good. Must be because the narnia guy wrote it. Anyway it's releasing on film in 2010, with the main demon's voice as Gollum from LOTR (Andy Serkis).

It's from the point of view of demons in hell operating under a ministry of lies. sinners actually go to hell. they're born there and taught like children how to get their appointed humans to misbehave and become unrepenting to continue populating. they rely on mechanisms like war, and the timing to interject thoughts about marriage, and social niches of conformity usually based on money so 'the patient' loses the will and then ability to pray.

Screwtape
    The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Originally posted by disorder View Post
    if you find the sites that people use to post data that you cant learn from institutions, you've got a greater chance at finding their functions personally useful. sometimes it's conspiracies, like the electric car, other times it's horticultural physics.

otherwise you run into applicable doomsdays or subsistence terrorism. naturally the comprehensive value accumulates into script-like form wherein aliens tend to dissociate themselves for a lesser purpose all around you. a dire ingraciousness nigrifies cogeners incontrovertibly. the instigations being paramount satiate the cordial yet never adequately ordain the fallacies. the credentials denied, eschewing meritutious purportions, figuratively amplify the tacit, emergent allocations.
    lol remember when i said that. man....
    The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

the real Screw Tapes

haha ur stupid

Comment

Wow if I know anything about Christian-themed big theatre movies (or simply movies with Christianity in them) is that they twist something or leave something out in the theology to make it more interesting. Which isn't really anyone's fault, just that it's hard to make money off of it otherwise.

Case and point:
        - Passion of the Christ
        - The DaVinci Code / Angels & Demons
        - End of Days (lol)
        - Constantine
        - Amazing Grace
        - The last temptation of Christ (most entertaining, imo)
        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
        TelCat> i dont

Comment

well, they do curiously omit the devil and god from this book. they're vaguely alluded to, but are generally revered and despised...kind of a 'overview of supremity' type way. it suggests that lowly souls that experience the 'cog-like' way that ordinary humans get by, and participate in the inter-workings, are just too insignificant and flawful to know the Man upstairs and Man downstairs personally. That's kind of the perpetual humor of how the conversations go by. Like the answer to why the prayers aren't literally responded to, but do serve a function in preventing the Man downstairs's underlings from owning you later on.

Comment

Working...
          X