• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New monitor

Thinking of getting one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=A179-2300

or

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...0&Sku=H94-2500

I'm guessing take the extra 2 inches for $10?
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

yes

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
      I'm guessing take the extra 2 inches for $10?
      The 23" uses 58 Watts and the 25" uses 88 Watts. So the 25" will cost more than 10$ more when you factor in the price of the energy used in running your monitor. To find out how much more the 25" will cost what you need to do is take the hours a day you use the monitor then multiply by 30 Watts (the difference in power usage) then multiply by how many days you think you will use the monitor. For example: 4 hours a day * 30 Watts * 1875 days (5 years) of usage = 225000 Watts. Then divide by 1000 to gets kilowatts then multiply by the cost of each kilowatt. So 225000/1000 = 225 kilowatts. Pascone lives in Connecticut (i think) where the average price of electicity is 17.55 cents per kilowatt (http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/115.htm). So in our example (4 hours a day for 5 years) that's 225 * 17.55 = 3937.5 cents or 39.375 dollars more for the 25" compared to the 23".

Also you probably have to play Subspace on windowed which means you will only be able to play on 1280x1016 as opposed to 1280x1024 because 64 pixels get taken off the vertical desktop resolution when playing on windowed. Only a small difference but I'd thought I'd point it out.

Comment

you could go for the free 20 inch with the video contest.
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

holy shit, burnt breaking it down like crazy. much appreciated.
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

The bigger the better.

Comment

I just got the 23" acer and its great. And who plays windowed? Make your resolution 1280x1024 and resize your screen...
              Indulgence

Comment

I think I might go with the smaller, Acer one, since walmart is selling it at the same price and I can get free shipping to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                  The 23" uses 58 Watts and the 25" uses 88 Watts. So the 25" will cost more than 10$ more when you factor in the price of the energy used in running your monitor. To find out how much more the 25" will cost what you need to do is take the hours a day you use the monitor then multiply by 30 Watts (the difference in power usage) then multiply by how many days you think you will use the monitor. For example: 4 hours a day * 30 Watts * 1875 days (5 years) of usage = 225000 Watts. Then divide by 1000 to gets kilowatts then multiply by the cost of each kilowatt. So 225000/1000 = 225 kilowatts. Pascone lives in Connecticut (i think) where the average price of electicity is 17.55 cents per kilowatt (http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/115.htm). So in our example (4 hours a day for 5 years) that's 225 * 17.55 = 3937.5 cents or 39.375 dollars more for the 25" compared to the 23".

Also you probably have to play Subspace on windowed which means you will only be able to play on 1280x1016 as opposed to 1280x1024 because 64 pixels get taken off the vertical desktop resolution when playing on windowed. Only a small difference but I'd thought I'd point it out.

If you did this for a living, you could probably charge people a decent sum of money. In this case, they could save $40 (every 5 years assuming electricity costs stay the same) on energy and you could charge them $50 for the consolation! You can do it!

Honestly, if that breakdown is accurate, less than $10 a year isn't that much.
                  Ну вот...

Comment

My friend has a 22" acer, it looks shitty, but if thats what u like, go for it. if u dont have a window behind u, get one of the hd monitors with the harder screen, they look much better, and u can flick them without ur finger going thru the screen. cuz i love flicking monitors. This is what i have http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/pro...V585AA%2523ABA
                    Looks much nicer in my opinion.
                    5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                    5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                    5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                    5:Melanoma> aight cool
                    5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                    5:Oops> what?
                    5:Melanoma> ye
                    5:Oops> you serious?
                    5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                    5:Melanoma> fu
                    5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                    5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

it's a monitor. i look at the screen, not the rest of it.

people telling me that acer is no good and that it'll break within a year. money full of shit or droppin knowledge?

Comment

why get 2 inches more if you dont get more pixels :|
                        lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Lol the acer?????????
                          TWLD Champion 'Season 11'
                          TWLD Champion 'Season 14'
                          Trench Wars Veteran

Comment

get a dell 2209wa, its worth the extra money. srxly

Comment

Like i said, my friend has acer, and guess what, he dont use it anymore, guess why?, cuz its broken. go figure. didnt even realize till money told me acers suck.
                              get a nice monitor that will last
                              u buying 600$ pair of headphones spend the extra 100 on a monitor and buy something decent/
                              not some pos that walmart has on sale because if its on sale at a walmart its on sale for a goddamn reason
                              cuz its a pos monitor
                              and it gunna break
                              soon
                              5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                              5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                              5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                              5:Melanoma> aight cool
                              5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                              5:Oops> what?
                              5:Melanoma> ye
                              5:Oops> you serious?
                              5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                              5:Melanoma> fu
                              5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                              5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

Working...
                              X