X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 in...Britain?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families

CCTV cameras installed in homes of the "worst families."

I feel bad for you guys, if you want to shake your baby...you can't do it without someone watching:/

All I can think is: double you tee eff?
    Ну вот...

Why do the governing authorities seem to treat this as an exercise in "Social Control 101 - theory & practice", rather than addressing the root of the issue?
    In some sense UK society is totally messed up in a deeply and profoundly negative way.

There is a problem when those in government think that the only way they can keep a lid on the island is to use CCTV and extensive police powers to control the populace all of the time.

Dear old Britannia's psyche is out there and behaving like a Skinner-type rat cage over-crowding experiment - sort of amusing at the beginning but after a couple of decades you are looking at the evolution of something very ugly if you were expecting a sustaining livable society you are NOT afraid to live in.

I do not know when it happened exactly but I think during the 1980's and Thatcher's "reign of error" that the rot really started to set in.

Since that point the government in all it's glorious facets has sought to maximise it's hold over the population using various incidents and occurrences and like cooking a frog - if you place it in a hot pan of water it will jump out, but if you place it in a pan of cold water and raise the temperature gradually, it will allow itself to be boiled.

First they came for the football fans, and then it was Stonehenge & the travelers.
    Up to the current day where any form of protest can be deemed an illegal gathering or potential terrorist threat by the police if need be.

I think the root of the problem started when the slow destruction of the education system began churn out a less discerning mind. This together with advances in advertising techniques allows the creation and maintenance of our consumer passions.

The opiate-like properties of the media with it's contrived celebrity obsession together with the technology fetish (e.g. mobile phones) has further drugged the perceptions of the populace and focused their expectations on consumer frenzy and other mass-individualistic traits that benefit the corporations at our expense.

As for the politicians – they just seem to be in it for themselves – rather like American politicians are – the drooling lapdog of whatever campaign financer or lobbyist organization that bought them and maintains them in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

It appears that a lot of the decisions on how we should live & conduct ourselves are based so as to be most profitable to the twin pillars of consumer-cultism and that perennial fave “law and order” (now includes BONUS security/terrorist threat upgrade).

This produces a serious type of S&M nanny state hell bent on making you do what is best for them. Hopefully your goals will coincide with theirs; otherwise the ride may get uncomfortable to say the least. I am not saying this will be an efficient process as the habit of losing various items of computer related equipment and documents in public places and the occasional leak or whistleblower sheds a light on to the internal machinery and its machinations upon us.

For now the financial ride is over – hurry on sundown, see what tomorrow brings.

The above views may not reflect the view of the management but it really is time to smarten up before the island sinks. Then we will be just a bunch of monkeys with car keys & mobiles (and a lot of debt).

Comment

Way to copy/paste a comment from a website without giving the true author props Xog, you fucking utter failure.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
        Way to copy/paste a comment from a website without giving the true author props Xog, you fucking utter failure.
        Xog should get banned from these forums for being disliked, who wants this shit around?

On topic: I believe in freedom but not in the freedom to abuse children, if we had 100% freedom we had to legalize murder.
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

rofl kthx is 2/2 on xog
          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Way to point it out, Captain Obvious:sorcerer:

As if I'd write something like that !

Comment

I was going to say to you Xog: "Way to go, disorder"

Noah: I agree with you that we shouldn't condone child abuse, no harm to any other human being should be condoned. As a result, you feel that it's okay to monitor "bad families" constantly. Your quip about murder makes me think that you would like everyone to be monitored all the time so that nobody ever commits a murder. Hey, while we're watching people to make sure that they don't commit murder, why don't we watch them to make sure that they don't commit ANY crime? Oh, let's also try to figure out what they're thinking, so that if they have any rebellious thoughts, we can just nip it in the bud and send them to Room 101.

Parents who are deemed to receive this system in their home should, instead, have their children taken away from them. Invest that 400 million pounds into a better child-care agency.
              Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA View Post
                Your quip about murder makes me think that you would like everyone to be monitored all the time so that nobody ever commits a murder.
                Don't blame me for making a stupid assumption like this.
                Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Its just an example of a redicolous solution for a simple problem.

From the full article
                  Mr Balls also said responsible parents who make sure their children behave in school will get new rights to complain about those who allow their children to disrupt lessons.
                  Why not just take them out of the lessons if they are disrupting them.
                  Pupils and their families will have to sign behaviour contracts known as Home School Agreements before the start of every year, which will set out parents’ duties to ensure children behave and do their homework.
                  My brother had to do this, totally pointless and meaninless bullshit, and that were his words. Like you give a fuck about of bit of paper when you're a kid.

I'm pretty convinced that the people running this country are acctually mentally retarded.

Another example of the surpreme stupidity by the people running this country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8183821.stm

IF THEY ARE STILL SO FUCKING DANGEROUS YOU NEED THIS SHIT KEEP THEM IN PRISON...

The problem with the state of the western world is that the morals our way of life is based on are now often in conflict with the law:

Mummy told me it was good and right to share. So why is it illegal to share my music with timmy?

Someone tired to rob me so I hit them, why do I end up court?

My gf gets pregnant with someone elses child, but lies to me its mine, why do i still have to pay the child support, why do I not get the money back I have paid?

I rob a bank for £20,000 and get 20years in jail. I bankrupt a bank and get a £18million pound pay off and a life of luxery

There is total void of justice in the UK at the moment. The law seems at odds with our morals. Deceit, Deception, lazyness, violence seem to be activly rewarded. With this enviroment, no wonder we are heading for hell, because I for one no longer give a fuck about my country, its been ruined by assholes, I don't think i'm in a minority

Oh and loan sharking is a great thing to get into....
                  http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090805/...t-45dbed5.html

Guy steals £80,000 and escapes jail.
                  Last edited by Doc Flabby; 08-05-2009, 08:47 AM.
                  Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                  Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I just don't understand how people can have the concience to do that. I mean, FUCK.. that's so cruel

Comment

heh. Mr. Balls
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPpIOUCDdUw

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                          heh. Mr. Balls
                          This, jigros.

Comment

Working...
                          X