At least it's not Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least it's not Detroit

I've been to Cleveland recently and concur with this video. It makes me really be thankful that I'm in DC - and that's saying a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

anyone here from Cleveland? I pity you.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

I lived in Cleveland for awhile when I went to college. This city has slowly become such a ghost town and it really is a shame as they could really make it into a nice city that actually could attract people.

One problem I noticed immediately when I first moved there, was the city itself closes down after 5-5:30PM, as there really is no inner city housing of any kind. They have nothing to attract people to come back into the city after dark.

Cleveland once had an area called the Flats of which was a new beginning for the city, as new business was setting up all over the place. Great Bars and Restaurants started attracting the crowds as well as oddly enough, housing started to develop in the actual city!

The "Flats" had been short lived in Cleveland, as the excuse the Government gave in closing the area down was because of an increase in crime. Hmmm...well if you can actually bring people into the city on a daily basis after 6PM, you probably will have an increase in crime when more than a whopping 2 people (not counting the homeless) visit this city after hours.

The mentality of the government running the city has always amazed me dating back to the mid 80's.

The houses are great and if someone could predict a new start for this city, I would buy up a bunch of these houses. Alas, Cleveland is not the only lakeside OH city having problems, the same can be said of Toledo as well.

I will stay in Philly and Vancouver for now.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Wow, those videos are awesome. They capture Cleveland so well.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

lol yeh i saw those on tosh.0

Comment

I just watched all this guy's videos... great stuff. Apparently ohio DID produce a funny comedian... and no drew carrey is not funny
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            I just watched all this guy's videos... great stuff. Apparently ohio DID produce a funny comedian... and no drew carrey is not funny
            There is always Harvey Pekar if you count American Splendor as a comedy...plus he is just one weird ass person.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Ohio's a dump.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I quite liked Cincinnati, I think that that is a fine city, also although Columbus isn't that exciting the part they call the Short North is really cool.
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

The Short North is full of gay people.
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                  Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Well duh Panda.

Comment

I hardly care what the sexual orientation of people is, the restaurant I ate at was fucking awesome and the vibe in that place is just relaxed and cool, unlike downtown Columbus.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                        Columbus isn't that exciting, the part they call the Short North is really cool.
                        ROFL, i died at this point.

:wub:Gall, my unintentionally funny friend, I must say you're love for that area comes at no surprise.

EDIT P.S.: I actually have never heard of a good restaurant in the short north. If you want an excellent restaurant check out Cafe Istanbul in Easton. I ate there with family friends last week. Although the vibe isn't as "relax" and, frankly, gay as the short north it's still a great mediterranean restaurant.
                        4:BigKing> xD
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Well Gall does have a point about the relaxed nature in the Short North. And gallery hopping can be a lot of fun.

What restaurant did you eat at, Gall? I know martini's is pretty good.
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

There is a reason why college football is the only thing Michigan and Ohio have to look forward to each year....

They have nothing else to do. College is the only place to have fun in the entire state of Ohio.

Its kind of pathetic that Michigan and Ohio State are such rivals.. its like fighting for who is the 2nd worst state in the midwest
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              There is a reason why college football is the only thing Michigan and Ohio have to look forward to each year....

They have nothing else to do. College is the only place to have fun in the entire state of Ohio.

Its kind of pathetic that Michigan and Ohio State are such rivals.. its like fighting for who is the 2nd worst state in the midwest
                              fuck you

Chicago only good for cheap prostitutes (don't ask) and having the worst collection of ball players for 101 consecutive years.

go bucks chicago sucks
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Working...
                              X