Cable Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Companies

So i've had comcast/at&t for the last 10 years. This summer, we decided to shut our cable off to kind of force the family outside, and it worked pretty good. Well its getting colder outside and we want our tv back, but im not sure if i want to go back to comcast. In my area they offer

DishNetwork
    DirectTV
    Verizon (FIOS?)
    Comcast
    Qwest

Anyone ever try any of these? im looking for pros/cons or just some kind of feedback, otherwise i feel ill just end up getting comcast again. Im looking for good Cable and Internet.
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

money just clarified the dishnetwork and direct tv dont have internet, thought some of those companies offered it.
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

I have verizon FIOS now but used to have comcast. The internet is very fast and reliable from verizon (better than comcast) and the cable TV is pretty similar to comcast.

Comment

qwest has terrible customer service. i've heard of people having problems with comcast, but I've never encountered them. (have fios atm)

Comment

Be greatfull about the choices, I have the option between two companies who have created a deal where the other one won't offer any more or less incentive over the other one. They might as well merge and stop pretending we have options.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Have had DirecTV for over 10 years. Except for the bad storm that can kill a signal in the S.W. Sky, I find the picture better than comcast. For some reason the black on an image or background is not pixilated like on Comcast. My neighbor has both and that is the only reason as to why I had seen this. Also I personally think that the HD picture is better on DirecTV...again this is based upon a side by side comparison.

Comcast will give you more sports in your local area, as they will block these out if you do not have Comcast...in re. to CSN (Comcast Sports Network). However, DirecTV is in bed with the NFL network and I am not sure...but you have to pay for this on Comcast and it is free to DirecTV.

There are obviously up's and downs to all of the providers...depends on how many TV's you have and how many box's you need to provide this on your TV's. If you have multiple TV's (4+), then FIOS is not a bad way to go, as you get charged, if I am not mistaken, for the one TV setup? Not a FIOS customer, but I know my brother has it all through his house and it was much cheaper than having comcast rent a box for each indivdual TV.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Its a shame you don't have AT&T, I love them.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Direct TV pretty much sucks nuts when there's a storm, and oh look I live in South Florida with Direct TV

sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                X