Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankfurt Auto Show

Any car guys here?

I'm in Germany covering the Frankfurt Auto show and I thought people might want to check out some of the stuff being released today like the Mazda MX-5 Superlight concept above.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-shows/...2009-1186.html

a lot of concept cars like that never make it to production, especially with the economy right now. . . but nevertheless it's always fun to check out the new cars that might be coming out.

cool stuff, didn't know this was your job

im diggin the Audi R8 Spyder World Premiere

Comment

There weren't that many concept cars this year. I think only Hyundai had some really weird ones that are never meant to see the factory floor.

The prevailing theme this year was hybrid and alternative vehicles. Seems the European manufacturers were slower to move in that direction than the American companies. Odd thing we noticed was the Europeans used the colour blue when naming their hybrid programs. It's like blue's the new green over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
        There weren't that many concept cars this year. I think only Hyundai had some really weird ones that are never meant to see the factory floor.

The prevailing theme this year was hybrid and alternative vehicles. Seems the European manufacturers were slower to move in that direction than the American companies. Odd thing we noticed was the Europeans used the colour blue when naming their hybrid programs. It's like blue's the new green over here.

Haha, I personally believe the whole global warming - hybrid vehicles deal is more of an American conspiracy to buy more cars and/or feel more "futuristic" and intuitive as if we care about the environment... I personally wouldn't buy a hybrid unless it meant:
        a) I was saving a big amount of money (i know, can be contreversial)
        b) didn't look ridiculous
        c) it was more common

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
          Haha, I personally believe the whole global warming - hybrid vehicles deal is more of an American conspiracy to buy more cars and/or feel more "futuristic" and intuitive as if we care about the environment... I personally wouldn't buy a hybrid unless it meant:
          a) I was saving a big amount of money (i know, can be contreversial)
          b) didn't look ridiculous
          c) it was more common
          that is a bullshit mentality. just because the system you live in is fucked up doesn't mean you yourself should act as if things coming from the system lose their objective value and are f---ed up themselves.

you sound more like a tool and fashion bistro when you say you would do things only if other people were doing them more.

forget global warming.

have you traveled around this country? i can fly 1000 miles away from where i live and everything will look exactly the same because the landscape is polluted with the same miles and miles of strip malls, consumerism, and cheap artificial (landscape) architecture. god, i would easily give all my money to environmentalists any day this country is such a shithole right now.
          Condom> sometimes I lose on purpose just to remember what it feels like

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi DC View Post
            that is a bullshit mentality. just because the system you live in is fucked up doesn't mean you yourself should act as if things coming from the system lose their objective value and are f---ed up themselves.

you sound more like a tool and fashion bistro when you say you would do things only if other people were doing them more.

forget global warming.

have you traveled around this country? i can fly 1000 miles away from where i live and everything will look exactly the same because the landscape is polluted with the same miles and miles of strip malls, consumerism, and cheap artificial (landscape) architecture. god, i would easily give all my money to environmentalists any day this country is such a shithole right now.
            1. Hey dude, check it out! I got a smartcar!
            1. Man, you're a tool.

2. Ha, I'm not gonna get a smartcar cuz I like TORQUE in my ride
            2. Man, you're a tool

I love double standards

Give me a muscle car that's a hybrid / electric and I'm in. I'm not riding around in a smartcar, sorry. It's just not my style.

Comment

TK, they got the new Volvo s60 there? That car looks awesome!

(I know, the car that will hit the market next year won't look like the concept, just like the xc60)
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

the only car there that i actually care about is the golf r (cause its finally got a turbo, not a 3.2l na v6, and because out of all the "performance" cars out there, it is one that i could afford.

that said, the new STi is still better value for money :turned:
                Displaced> I get pussy every day
                Displaced> I'm rich
                Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                Thors> prolly
                Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Wow lucky you TK!!! More pictures!
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                    TK, they got the new Volvo s60 there? That car looks awesome!

(I know, the car that will hit the market next year won't look like the concept, just like the xc60)
                    We missed Volvo because their press conference coincided with Ferrari and Lamborghini (poor Volvo) but we'll get to them later today. From what we heard going in, the s60 wasn't going to be here but we'll know for sure when we drop by in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                      Ferrari and Lamborghini
                      Let's hear more about this.

Comment

It's all on the link above.

Comment

Hybrid is yesterday's news, everyone's all over fully electric cars nowadays.

Comment

That MX-5 Miata is one of the ugliest concepts I have seen in ages.

Heard that the new Volvo gets only 15MPG? Hope that is incorrect, especially with the fuel mileage interests sparking an eco friendly product amongst the car manufacturers.

Did they show the new Lexus Hybrid that goes from 0-60 in 5 sec.'s?
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                            X