X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uberman's sleep schedule

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720

Anyone ever tried this?

There are obvious benefits with only sleeping 2 to 3 hours a day, you can get a lot more done and have a lot more time for fun things. But I would rather, for instance, spend the night next to my gf and not wake her up every 30 min and then be up doing something else while she is sleeping, that just seems weird to me. Also, I would worry about having way too much time on my hands and just become bored and go to sleep anyway and that fucks up your whole sleep schedule thing again.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

i dont get how that is possible..

i get to work, then i have to sleep at 10am, do my shit, then go sleep again at 2pm and a 3rd time at 6pm.

dont think i would be allowed to keep my job if I were sleeping 3 times during a shift. :turned:
    Displaced> I get pussy every day
    Displaced> I'm rich
    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
    Thors> prolly
    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I think it would be pretty cool and wish I could do something like this. However, it would be too hard to adjust now that classes have started. It would be sweet if I was already on the schedule, because I have to work random hours like 4am-6am which totally interfere with my sleep schedule, seeing as my hours change each week.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Well, I think you can pick the times yourself, for instance if you start at 8, then 11, then 2, 5 and 8 you already have 5 times done. And that guy mentioned he slept during breaks at his job (where I don't know). And you can't actually get adjusted to it once you have a few weeks to actually adjust to the rhythm, because in the start it will be killing.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Yeah, I think this was tried on Seinfeld by Kramer, epic failure.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I've tried polyphasic sleep before. It sucks trying to get on the schedule so I quit. You probably have to really be committed, which I wasn't, and you also have to have a very flexible life schedule, which I didn't.

Comment

I did something very similar my Sophomore year of college while I was pledging -- I literally lived on 2-3 hours of sleep every day. Every two weeks though I had a day where I could not wake up, so I thought it was an epic failure.
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

this just screams dangerous and unhealthy to me.

couldn't try it even if i wanted to though, and honestly, how many people could? who has a schedule that's flexible enough to accomodate a 30 minute nap every four hours? besides infants, that is.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Well Gall, you have no job and are basically a leech to society so go for it
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Polyphasic sleep is overrated. Sleep is cumulative so your body will know if you're cheating it on overall rest or not. Why not just get 6 hours of sleep and drink coffee like the rest of western civilization?
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Do this

02:00 - 06:00 = sleep
                      06:00 - 14:00 = do your thing
                      14:00 - 18:00 = sleep
                      18:00 - 02:00 = do your thing

4 hours of sleeping - 8 hours of 'working' - 4 hours of sleeping - 8 hours of working

Comment

saetep> why u practicin ur spawns
                        saetep> u alreayd pro at those

Wow I don't even remember saying that. Probably the most truthful thing I've ever said.
                        http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

i'm pro

you are pro

no one else is

Comment

with my schedule at college i could do it, i'd just need to find a nice quiet hole somewhere to sleep. Maybe some lovely lady in rez. But my weekends are was different. I stay awake as long as i can and sleep in.
                            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Da Vinci was recorded as sleeping for four hours every eight. These schedules only apply to 'great minds' with no social agenda. Writers, artists, men of science, etc...

obviously its not practical for anybody who hasn't cut themselves off from society.

also, i don't ever reach my REM cycle, so i'd be fucked.

Comment

Working...
                              X