Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rio 2016 part 2 (helicopter fall)

discuss
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/am...354891344.html#
    Minister's assurance
    Cabral said money is being poured into programmes to reduce crime and authorities are prepared to mount an overwhelming security presence at the sporting events to ensure safety.
    "We told the International Olympic Committee that this won't be an easy thing, and they know that," he said.
    "We can put 40,000 people on the streets - federal, state and municipal police - and pull off the event."
    Despite increased policing efforts, Rio remains one of the world's most dangerous cities.
    The violence generally is contained within slum areas, though it sometimes spills into expensive beach districts and periodically shuts down the highway that links the international airport to tourist destinations.
    But Rio held the Pan-American Games in 2007 without major incident, deploying more than 15,000 specially trained officers to keep the peace.

-----------------

Rio de Janeiro is no stranger to gang violence, but says it will host a safe Olympics in 2016 [AFP]

I don't think drug traffickers want to detour potential customers

Discussed

Comment

Somalis urged to attack AU troops

The leader of Somalia's anti-government Hizbul Islam group has called for more attacks against African Union (AU) peacekeepers, a week after a deadly suicide bombing targeted troops at a military base.
      Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys said on Sunday: "We are calling our brothers in the fight against Muslim enemies to increase suicide bombings, which I believe is an acceptable tactic."
      The former ally of Sharif Ahmed, the UN-backed Somali president, said during Eid prayers on the outskirts of the Somali capital, Mogadishu: "People should kill with everything, even knives."
      The al-Shabab group, which the US says is al-Qaeda's proxy in Somalia, hit the AU peacekeeping mission's (Amisom) base in Mogadishu with two suicide car bomb attacks on Thursday, killing 17 peacekeepers.
      The attack was the worst yet on the force of 5,000 troops from Burundi and Uganda.

'Revenge attack'

Fighting in Somalia has killed more than 18,000 civilians since the start of 2007 and driven another 1.5 million from their homes.
      Sheikh Ali Mohamud Rage, an al-Shabab spokesman, said the attack was to avenge the death of Salah Ali Saleh Nabhan, a Kenyan-born al-Qaeda suspect, who was killed in southern Somalia on Monday during a raid by US special forces.
      "We have got our revenge for our brother Nabhan," Rage said.
      Al-Shabab, together with Hizbul Islam, has been battling government troops and the African Union (AU) peacekeepers to impose its own strict version of Islamic law across Somalia.
      Somalia's government warned on Friday that the Somali fighters had six more stolen UN vehicles primed as suicide car bombs.
      Meanwhile, al-Shabab has ordered schools not to use of textbooks supplied by UN agencies and other donor agencies.
      Rage told students gathered at Mogadishu's Nasrudin mosque : "Some UN agencies like Unesco [United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation] are supplying Somali schools with text books to try to teach our children un-Islamic subjects."

Discuss

Comment

rofl, fail

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/af...149108800.html

The Mo Ibrahim Foundation, which annually hands out a $5 million prize for African good governance, has said it could not find anyone to award this year.
        The prize committee had "considered some credible candidates" but could not select a winner, Ketumile Masire, the former president of Botswana, said on Monday.
        He said the foundation "noted the progress made with governance in some African countries, while noticing with concern recent setbacks in other countries".
        The board, which is independent from the prize-giving committee, said it could not give the reasons why it did not select someone because of the confidential terms of the decision-making process.
        The Mo Ibrahim Prize for achievement in African leadership is awarded to a democratically elected former African head of state or government who has left office in the past three years.
        Mo Ibrahim, a Sudan-born billionaire who created the prize in 2007, said the foundation "entirely respects" the committee's decision while insisting that Africa was "moving forward in the area of governance".
        "If this credible committee says there is no winner this year, then I'm afraid there's no winner this year," he told Al Jazeera.
        "I am not privy to the conversation, I don't know on what basis they decided not to award it this year, and I don't want to know. Their deliberation is confidential."

The prize is described by organisers as the largest individual annual award in the world, with the winner receiving $5 million plus $200,000 a year for life.
        Recession link denied
        Earlier, addressing a news conference in London's City Hall, Ibrahim denied suggestions that the decision not to award the prize was linked to the world financial crisis.
        "The prize committee do not pay any attention to my bank statement," he said.
        "This is an award for excellence. Jury meets and they set the bar some way and decide. There's no way to know where the bar was set."
        Ibrahim stressed that the foundation had always said there might be years when the prize was not awarded.
        The past recipients are Joaquim Chissano, former Mozambican president, and Festus Gontebanye Mogae, Botswana's former president.

Nelson Mandela, the former South African president and anti-apartheid icon, is an honorary laureate.

Comment

Schope, you viado!

dont scare the gringos!

this way how r we going to get money from them if they dont come here??
          Mega Newbie
          TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
          TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
          TWEL wb and spid Champion!
          TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
          TWLJ bencher Champion
          TWLB bencher Champion
          Inactive Player

Comment

actually i think drug deallers will do nothing during olympic games, ppl were expecting riot during pan-american games but it was pretty calm because they put army and national force guard in streets during the events.

same might happend during the olympic, and drug deallers wont buy a stupid fight for nothing.

they will calm down and stop killing during one moth like a "pact" then everything will keep going.

they are smart enough to know that if they make some kind of riot police and brazillian army will be tough with them.
            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo

Comment

up cause i posted it wrong on useless crap

Comment

question, why the fuck are you still living there?
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                X