the fourth kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the fourth kind

So my girlfriend somehow managed to snag passes for a screening of this and we went to check it out tonight. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It was...I don't know. It was ok.

What it will do is spark debate regardless of whether you thought the movie was good or not. The director and Milla Jovavich come out from the get go and say "what you believe is up to you". Well, there are plenty of times during the movie (particularly a couple of scenes involving 'recorded' footage- you'll know what I mean if you go see this) that I was shaking my head saying "that's a ridiculous load of steamy horseshit" but there were other times where I was scratching my head saying "well...that IS a strange coincidence". The end result was me being on the fence regarding whether they were victims of an alien abduction or not...and I'm leaning towards "not". My girlfriend, however, was leaning towards "could've been". Funny how that works.

If you go to this planning on being genuinely scared, I don't think you will be (unless you're a total pussjob). There are some really creepy parts, sure, but nothing that should make you jump 8 feet out of your seat- the only scene that potentially could have done that you'll be ready for since its in the trailer.
    PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

you know who's a total pussjob?

me.

this guy right here.

was planning on skipping this one though.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

The trailer scared the shit out of me and it's even hard to figure out if they're speaking as if there are documented cases in Nome or if it's just for shock value. The cut scenes between the recordings and re-enactments in the film look fake so I'm sure it was just a marketing ploy.

As for adduction theory I think a lot of it can be explained by sleep paralysis. I've had this happen to me twice before, once where I didn't know of the condition and once after. Fortunately my mind didn't make up some wild scenario where aliens or some other creature abducted me to explain why I couldn't move and why felt a presence in my room when I knew no one else was there. But the event can be very traumatic and thankfully I just went back to sleep and forgot about it. The second time was different because I had some idea of what was happening and didn't panic or attempt to move much which lead into a semi-lucid dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
        The trailer scared the shit out of me and it's even hard to figure out if they're speaking as if there are documented cases in Nome or if it's just for shock value. The cut scenes between the recordings and re-enactments in the film look fake so I'm sure it was just a marketing ploy.

As for adduction theory I think a lot of it can be explained by sleep paralysis. I've had this happen to me twice before, once where I didn't know of the condition and once after. Fortunately my mind didn't make up some wild scenario where aliens or some other creature abducted me to explain why I couldn't move and why felt a presence in my room when I knew no one else was there. But the event can be very traumatic and thankfully I just went back to sleep and forgot about it. The second time was different because I had some idea of what was happening and didn't panic or attempt to move much which lead into a semi-lucid dream.
        i started snarling in my sleep once. i had a dream i was being possessed by a demon. scared the shit out of my girlfriend too. she had to wake me up. she was crying cuz she didn't know wtf was going on.

in the dream, i kept on seeing spirits/ghosts, and i knew that they only meant harm if i seeked them out. then there was this mirror next to me, and i looked at it, trying to find ghosts in the reflection. then i stared at myself, and i realized i was being taken over by a spirit. and started to snarl uncontrollably. i couldn't stop myself from doing it in the dream, and i was doing it in real life too :O
        scary shit man

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
          i started snarling in my sleep once.
          Thanks for sharing.

Comment

This reminds me of that movie they made about that ghost shit in that house, they try to make it look like it is a home movie and the trailer is just about a group of people watching it in the theatre, what's it called again?
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              ghost shit
              IM CURIOUS f

Comment

It's called Paranormal Activity. It caused epic nerd rage among horror fans because Dreamworks bought the rights to the movie and held onto them without a release date for over 2 years.

My friend and I saw it in the theater on opening weekend. Lots of college girls in the room lost their shit but it didn't scare me at all. Cool movie (not great, but entertaining), but I spent more time in the back laughing at all the young wimmins than I did gawking at the screen.

The Fourth Kind looks aight too. I'd rather watch a documentary on Nome than some Hollywood send up starring Milla Jovavich, since it seems like such an interesting place. How has no one covered this story yet?
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

apparently Paranormal activity was shot for around 25,000$

I enjoyed watching the trailer for The Fourth Kind as well, I imagine most of the best parts of the movie are previewed in the trailers. Still though I think I may go see this with the wife but then again tempted to wait to video
                  what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                  http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

waiting for tone's viewpoint on this
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                      Fortunately my mind didn't make up some wild scenario where aliens or some other creature abducted me to explain why I couldn't move and why felt a presence in my room when I knew no one else was there.
                      I told you not to tell anyone...
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I watched the trailer on facebook today and I must admit, I'm a little too creeped out to see the actual movie. -_-
                        Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

i saw paranormal activity tonight. There were lots of jumpy scenes but as for scary, thumbs down.

But Jumpy shit..

Spoler:

The end where she chucks her boyfriend and eats teh camera made me jump.
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

My girlfriend and I saw Paranormal Activity and I felt that movie was kinda like a rollercoaster. After it was all over we had a good time and thought it was fun and entertaining.

Then after we saw the Fourth Kind last night, we felt it was like a rollercoaster that broke down in the middle. The whole audience flipped at the [SPOILER] murder suicide, where he blew his wife and kids away after spouting the ancient language [/SPOILER] scene. But the ending part after the [SPOILER] kid got abducted, you see the aliens come in and take her away and the drill needle stuff.[/SPOILER] That kinda took me out of it. But, all in all, it stayed in my mind much more than Paranormal.
                            DELETED

Comment

In 1952 the CIA commissioned Robertson Panel decided that Hollywood should be used as a prime counter intelligence disinfo tool against Extraterrestrial Presence and its nature. This Policy persists to this day with "The Fourth Kind' , 'V' 'District 9', 'Knowing', and 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'. Disclosure-Management-PsyOps extends to Documentary film, Gaming, Talk TV/Radio & News Media, Internet and UFOlogy community.

Comment

Working...
                              X