tv shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv shows

so...once i uninstalled continuum, i needed a new unhealthy habit. turns out this unhealthy habit would become tv shows. i just got a 1.5tb external hard drive and have been downloading the shit out of different media. but, the point of this thread is to get some recommendations for good tv shows.

i've been making a list of shows to download but i still want some more ideas. i tend to like the HBO/Showtime shows, of course. so far i've watched The Wire, Weeds, Entourage, Summer Heights High, East Bound and Down, and some of We Can Be Heroes. all of these shows were fucking amazing (and if you haven't seen Summer Heights High, get downloading).

so...since then i've downloaded Rome, and Freaks and Geeks. i also plan on downloading Six Feet Under. i think i'll probably start watching Freaks and Geeks first and then watch Six Feet Under. good call? bad? is there something better that i've completely missed out on? i already know about The Sopranos, Californication, and Dexter, so recommend something else!

oh, and some other shows that i want to download but would like an opinion about first are...Curb Your Enthusiasm, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Corner, and Homicide. what do you guys think of these shows? any shows to stay away from?

lets hear some reviews that include not just IF a show is good or bad, but WHY, and what the show is about, without giving spoilers.
    Gun remembers.

curb and mad men are amazing.

flight of the conchords-new zeeland musical novelty duo try to make it in new york. Very funny, season one is hilarious, season two not so much.

the mighty boosh-british show, about two zoo keepers. heavy on fantastical characters (old greg), song, and animation.
    stella-michael ian black, david wain, michael showalter are three middle aged roomates. alternately high brow and silly, very funny
    superjail-david wain is the main voice actor in this wildly violent animated series. funny.
    its always sunny in philidelphia and the office and 30 rock are all fairly mainstream, but worth downloading if you haven't seen much.
    the marvelous misadventures of flapjack-cartoon about a adventurer in training. cute animation contrasts the dark humor.

Comment

yeah i've also heard that Curb Your Enthusiasm and Mad Men are good, i'll probably watch those soon. and i already have all the seasons of Always Sunny and The Office...most of the mainstream stuff I already have seen, looking mostly for other shows
      Gun remembers.

Comment

Not a tv-show as such, but I find it to be an amazing series:

BBC's life 2009. It's a series kinda like Earth, took 3 year to make and is about different topics such as mammals, fish, insects, etc. It is incredibly beautifully shot and all in HD quality.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

the flinstones
          the jetsons
          bobby's world

Comment

Dexter is about a serial killer who works as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami PD. It's pretty amazing. Highly recommend. Plenty of action, (there's someone murdered like every episode), pretty solid storyline for the first 3 seasons at least. I haven't been able to watch the current season except for Ep1 which was leaked pre-season.

Anyway Dexter.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

holy shit flared.. how much continuum did you in fact play when you suddenly have time to watch ALL that..??

wow!

ps. to add to that list, you should probably watch Boston Legal if you haven't seen it. one of my favorites

Comment

Sg-u
                SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                  holy shit flared.. how much continuum did you in fact play when you suddenly have time to watch ALL that..??
                  haha noooo i hadn't watched all of those shows since i quit continuum. i had already been watching entourage and weeds and the others....the only show i've watched since i uninstalled was the wire.

do u guys know of any really good torrent sites? i already know the basic ones like isohunt, mininova, demonoid, etc...but maybe theres some good ones out there that i don't know about? maybe certain sites that focus specifically on tv shows? or movies?
                  Gun remembers.

Comment

csi: miami

they have this awesome guy named horatio
                    Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Generation Kill
                      Curb your Enthusiasm
                      LOST (can't believe no one mentioned this)

Be warned though, you'll get sucked into LOST and Dexter.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Prison Break, all seasons.
                        Playmakers
                        4:BigKing> xD
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Originally posted by Flared View Post
                          haha noooo i hadn't watched all of those shows since i quit continuum. i had already been watching entourage and weeds and the others....the only show i've watched since i uninstalled was the wire.

do u guys know of any really good torrent sites? i already know the basic ones like isohunt, mininova, demonoid, etc...but maybe theres some good ones out there that i don't know about? maybe certain sites that focus specifically on tv shows? or movies?
                          i like eztv.it for tv shows.. it's specializes in recent episodes (about every possible episode is on there within a day after showing on tv) and it has a lot of seeders + always the same good quality, older episodes are a little trickier to find / often have fewer seeds...

not sure if it's allowed to give these sites though? if not, sorry!

Comment

I like newtorrents for new tv shows, like what bram mentioned, shows are usually up within a day after showing and they usually have both standard quality and 720p versions.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

720p is standard, you bright fellow you.
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Working...
                              X