Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best place to look for cheap flights these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best place to look for cheap flights these days?

my mom wants to head over to the netherlands to see my sister and her husband. she's looking to get the most direct flight possible into amsterdam, where they'll be picking her up.

i haven't bought plane tickets in ages, so as the thread title inquires, what are some good places to look for cheap flights these days? hit me with some links, if you please.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Sigh, I was going to respond (before I opened this thread ) with ''your mom'' but you already mentioned her.

I would look at KLM, check out their website.

TOOTERS

Comment

http://www.cheaptickets.nl/en/

Go there, and then I would recommend that whichever flight is cheapest, go to that company's website, it usually saves you some extra.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

http://www.kayak.com

Simple interface without clutter. Worked for me.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
          http://www.cheaptickets.nl/en/

Go there, and then I would recommend that whichever flight is cheapest, go to that company's website, it usually saves you some extra.
          This. It will save you some administration fees and when you run into any trouble at the airport, the service representative won't be able refer you to a third party because you booked the flight directly with them.

Comment

appreciate the help!

i was thinking along the lines of priceline (fuck you bill shatner) and the like

wasn't even considering the fact that it'll be an international flight

duh
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
              http://www.kayak.com

Simple interface without clutter. Worked for me.
              Yep.

What you do is get the cheapest itinerary here, then ask your travel agent and provide them with the flight #s and etc. They'll chop off another 40 bucks or so.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

jason i hope u are tagging along for dam

26.5-1.6 might will be there as well

be there
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

that reminds me, da1 i can only make it from 27-28 and then 29 at some point im going to arnhem.. (to cycle ofc. unless i'm really f'd up (well i'm only gonna smoke on the 27th, if at all, i prefer beer anyway and just dont care about drugs))

later will be difficult because 5th june im in belgium (again making the streets unsafe on my bicyclette), plus would be missing out on MIGHT, so that's a no-no!

also jason give us a date!!

Comment

i can't go over. :/

i just started my new job in the beginning of february and i've already gotten a promotion and a raise which has brought a ton of extra responsibility. my sister is having a baby in september so i might be over then.

fucking suuuucks. my sis and her husband are in arnhem, hah.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

U.S agencies/airlines are usually considerably cheaper than non-U.S.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TagMor View Post
                        U.S agencies/airlines are usually considerably cheaper than non-U.S.
                        Really? I wonder why I'm flying with KLM to the US then, it was by far the cheapest direct flight when I booked. United was about 70 euro's more.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

What part of the US are you visiting Galleleo?

Comment

damn the cheapeast i'm getting is around $950-1,000 USD for round-trip philly to amsterdam. i have to keep this as direct as possible. i'm talking one-stop max in either direction. my mom is the furthest thing from a frequent flyer and she's scared to death she'll get lost in a large airport, especially one overseas.

looking at the following:

depart philly on weds april 21st
                            return from amsterdam sat may 1st

OR

depart philly on thurs april 22nd
                            return from amsterdam sun may 2nd

can anyone find me something cheaper than what i've quoted above? you could also try syracuse, ny as the departure instead of philly.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Code:
                              	Th	22/04 18:40	Philadelphia, pa	Fr	23/04 08:45	Amsterdam	 US 798	 (8u05)	 

Su	02/05 10:50	Amsterdam	Su	02/05 13:25	Philadelphia, pa	 US 799	 (8u35)
                              okay so this is as direct as it gets and it's 663 euro, or about 906 usd. just can't seem to break into the sub 900 usd range, though.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X