No announcement yet.

Ragnarok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw that u changed your mind and wanted to be a magician instead. Well, most of that stuff still applies

Magician Strategy Guide

If you plan to play a cookie-cutter style of magician, i'd strongly recommend you pursue the lightning tree, as Thunderstorm is hella cheap when in high levels, and it does area damage. As a secondary spell, use Frost Diver. When you freeze enemies with Frost Diver, the enemy's status become's Water, so when you shock him with THunderstorm after, it'll do additional damage (almost 2x).

Increasing your INT gives you stronger magic power and more SP
    Increasing your DEX allows quicker casting times.

Those are the most important stats

As for skills, max out Thunder Bolt and SP Recover simulatenously, as you will find the SP Recover will come in great handy when trying to level quickly. Similar to an archer, Mage must also depend on good equipment eventually to succeed. In the end, you will find yourself using Arc Wand (38k zeny), while other defense equipment doesn't matter much. Same as archer, designate whether u plan to LEVEL or GAIN MONEY. If you plan to level, snipe with your Lightning Bolt in harder areas (and use the advantage that water dudes are weak against Lightning)

Hope you have fun and don't get lost among the Koreans and Singaporeans.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I'm mainly sticking to a warrior, and starting my mage. I go by the name Mandagorian on Loki . I have adventure armor which I'll add a card to later. Right now I'm just trying to get level 9. I'll be level 9 tonight. Warrior is MMORPGS has always been the best starting char. I was wondering how infact do I make money other then collecting the 3gp loot?
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Kill those damn picky (bird things) in the desert areas. They have a large range of drops instead of those cheap-assed jellopies. Don't kill the flying birds, Condors, though in the forest. Only kill the Drops (which are desert porings), Picky, and Picky Eggs. If you're lucky, you'll get the occasional Yellow Gemstone drop, which sells for 350z. Aside from this importance, the desert dudes can also drop armor and shoes, which u may need right now, instead of buying. But if you have bought your equipment right now, thats ok too. Just sell em

RoBBinGobLiN - lvl 41 thief
        Rule - lvl 30 merchant

Msg me if you have probs, or of course, we could talk here
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.

Comment

I cant even play the game. Every time I try to launch the game, it cant find the server and the game crashes. I dont know what the deal with it is.
          ()_()
          (0.o)
          (")(")

Comment

it hates you because you're not korean.
            don't worry.. it hates me too
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
              Kill those damn picky (bird things) in the desert areas. They have a large range of drops instead of those cheap-assed jellopies. Don't kill the flying birds, Condors, though in the forest. Only kill the Drops (which are desert porings), Picky, and Picky Eggs. If you're lucky, you'll get the occasional Yellow Gemstone drop, which sells for 350z. Aside from this importance, the desert dudes can also drop armor and shoes, which u may need right now, instead of buying. But if you have bought your equipment right now, thats ok too. Just sell em

RoBBinGobLiN - lvl 41 thief
              Rule - lvl 30 merchant

Msg me if you have probs, or of course, we could talk here
              what server are you on? I'm an AGI-acolyte on the chaos server :s
              TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

i got the strangest problem ever.
                when i start up it first says i need to download a patch, then it automatically does that. then when it's done with that it starts up the setup, and again and again and again and again and again and again. and i can't stop em from starting up setups anymore. it just keeps doing it. i actually need to reboot to get rid of it

Comment

Azhran, I already said I was in Loki >.<

Anyways Dabram, are you saying that once you download the patch, and press Start Game, Setup for the resolution, colours, etc. pops up? Then when you verify that with Ok, it still pops back up?
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.

Comment

That's what I thought too... then I couldn't find the part about you saying you're in the loki server anymore... so I just figured I was just seeing things again
                    TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

Ragnarok

Aah. I remember this. Used to play it like...year and a half ago. Lv. 89 mage in teh first beta. I thought it went under and never came back. IMO lot better/more stable mmorpgs round if you wanna play one.
                      I am the empty milk carton after the peanut butter sandwich.

Comment

yes there are, but they cost 10$ a month, if you havn't heard me exspress my love for WoW I will now rejoice in it once again. By the way WoW is World of Warcraft.
                        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Ragnarok is famous for its

- lag
                          - koreans
                          - 555kthx's
                          - ^^;;
                          - kill-stealing
                          - bots
                          - bots
                          - more bots
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Ragnarok is a good game, and it being free is pretty awesome, lag is a pain in the ass though, if u play after 5pm EST you are pretty much screwed.

So far im a lvl 57 Knight
                            25 Mage
                            32 Merchant

All in chaos server, since that seems to lag less then loki ^^

Comment

Cops wtf are you doing? This game takes people away from Subspace. Just ask anyone that is or was on light. SIGHAOSGHSDHGksdhglksdhgklsdkl F YOU RAGNAROK! NFALSDF:SDHKGSDNLD:SGH:

Thanks for your time.

-kyle kiefer

Comment

Stuckup I wouldnt be in TW anyway, I refuse to pay 20$ to get let in 6 days early. But if I do decide to pay DoCk> my ban will be reduced, which means I was right all along it's about money. I decided to be an archer which was my original plan. ps see you soon stuckup

Comment

Working...
                                X