Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchasing new console (and sometimes PC) games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing new console (and sometimes PC) games.

Anyone remember when $50 got you a complete game?

Alternate Costumes
    Bonus Arenas
    Multiplayer Maps
    Cheat Codes
    All the Levels

Now it's pay $15 for some new bonus maps for multiplayer, $5 if you want to start off with $20,000 in your in-game account, another $5 for a special AK-47, and $10 for this pack of clothing for your characters to look like they're in the jungle.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

It's annoying as fuck
    DELETED

DLC/Patches = lazy developers
    LA

Comment

Jumpgate Evolution will be the best space game in the world.

I'll be kissing Continuum goodbye. And NO I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK.

(It's basically 3d Continuum)

And yes, if you're going to argue about competition with Black Prophecy, it is free, and JGE is pay2play but you know what - atleast JGE isn't going to be SKILL-POINT based, which is why I'm sticking to JGE (especially after playing for so many years playing JGC [see sig])

Comment

Why would anyone buy down loadable content? It doesn't make the game any better, it's just to put another feather in your cap when friends come over. Who needs feathers in their cap? Faggots, that's who.

But hey, if developers are making more money off this shit, more power to them. It's not so much of them being lazy, but more of them being greedy.

Comment

y this big faggot DA talking like anyone cares?
          - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
            Jumpgate Evolution will be the best space game in the world.

I'll be kissing Continuum goodbye. And NO I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK.

(It's basically 3d Continuum)

And yes, if you're going to argue about competition with Black Prophecy, it is free, and JGE is pay2play but you know what - atleast JGE isn't going to be SKILL-POINT based, which is why I'm sticking to JGE (especially after playing for so many years playing JGC [see sig])
            Looks awesome! I've been waiting for a MMO Freelancer-type game for a long time!
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
              Looks awesome! I've been waiting for a MMO Freelancer-type game for a long time!
              2008 trailer:

2009 trailer:

Forum: http://us.jumpgateevolution.com/forums

I'm going to be an octavian.. what nation will you choose? I hear the graphics for the Solrain main base are pretty smooth, "alien like" .. Oct's always been rather human..
              Last edited by Xog; 03-18-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I spent a lot of time on the first jumpgate, if this is as good, or possibly better I'll play the shit out of this.
                "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Yeah, they're going to be using newtonian physics just like the last one, so player piloting skills are definitely going to be a pretty big factor. Basically you'll have the option to play with your mouse/kb like in freelancer, or you can sit in the pit and use a joystick. I don't think I'm going to be picking the mouse/kb. I prefer feeling like I'm flying my own ship :P

Hmm, maybe I should resub to JGC just for the hell of it.. I still have it installed!

Comment

sounds pretty fun, but it's no Starcraft 2, haha
                    DELETED

Comment

four words for you!

battlefield

bad

company

two

it's the only thing i've been playing whatsoever lately, pc version of course. best multiplayer game i've played since team fortress classic. just can't get enough!
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I dont mind dropping a few extra bucks for bonus maps on Call of duty games. Whats killing me is all the 1.99 and 9.99 rock band add-ons.
                        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

They're dropping a map pack for $1500 for Modern Warfare 2 lawl. It's 3 original maps and 2 re-hashes from COD4. What fuckery.
                          DELETED

Comment

This is why I don't buy games anymore.

Also, DRM has got to go.
                            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                              They're dropping a map pack for $1500 for Modern Warfare 2 lawl. It's 3 original maps and 2 re-hashes from COD4. What fuckery.
                              Yea :-( ill still buy it tho.

I wish they could just import maps from the games you already own.
                              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Working...
                              X