• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 4

Who's getting one?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

-Front facing camera = awesome.
    -LED flash = it's about time.
    -5MP camera = an improvement, but still not quite as good as the 8MP ones you can find on other phones. HD video is nice, though.
    -960x640 resolution = it's about time.
    -LCD display = a letdown, we were all hoping for OLED. The increased resolution might make up for it.
    -Fingerprint resistant coating = awesome.
    -Multi-tasking = it's about time.

Thoughts?
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Just got a 3GS a year ago. I guess I'll wait for the iPhone 6 (I have a 3-year contract). Fully expecting 3D display beaming directly into my retina by then, or at least some sort of transparent display.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Still got like 6 months left on my 3GS contract., so not yet atleast...

FaceTime and multitasking/folders are the only thing that really interest me, FaceTime is more of a gimmick and would hardly be used anyway, while multitasking/folders are coming to the 3GS via OS 4.0.

I don't care for the camera at all, all mobile phone cameras are shit, no matter if they are 109120910291029 mp, the lens is still the size of a tick, hence picture quality will be shit, not to mention "HD VIDEO", my arse. I have a DSLR for taking pictures, and a video camera for taking video.

Maybe, somewhere down the line when/if prices come down.
      Displaced> I get pussy every day
      Displaced> I'm rich
      Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
      Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
      Thors> prolly
      Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Pretty shitty improvments IMO. I'll also wait for iPhone 6
        TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
        2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
        TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
        TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
        cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
        Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

IMO, Google delivers a better phone with the Nexus and the Android 2.2 coming out. I know the snapdragon processor was way better than what the iPhone 3GS has, not sure about the processor for the new iPhone.

But Android 2.2 has been tested against the iPad on the new os from Apple and Android is about twice as fast as the iPad, where 2.1 was already faster than the iPhone 3GS. Nexus has the AMOLED screen, way better than the Apple screen and it's Open Source software, which is about 10 times better than Apple's apps development. Right now I think Apple has the slight edge in apps as far as quality goes, but Android will catch up fast. The Camera on the Nexus is amazing for a phone, I mean I had a 8mp on my old Samsung and this is a 5mp, but the quality of the pictures is about equal if not better.

Also, the best app around is goggles, picture searches are just pure awesomeness.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

if u watch the video from half way to the end, it's got some interesting tech. notably, a 40% increase in battery life when talking, they're using a new plastic material that's much harder to break, custom made steel solution to make it more precise and solid, not to mention the frame itself is the antenna (i think a few phones already do that tho). the video calling is pretty neat, especially with the video quality the way it is. High Def video capture, u can edit videos, finally a flash..

im not gonna get all psyched and shit over the iphone 4, but it doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

I cannot seem to bring myself to like iPhones at all. Or maybe it is just smartphones in general. Having the internet around with you isn't a bad idea, but all the madness with apps and whatnot makes it seem too distracting of a gadget to have. I'd probably end up with an Android or a Blackberry if I were to get into the whole smartphone thing.

Not that I dislike Apple completely. I'd probably pick up a macbook if my laptop finally decided to kick the bucket. There is just something about the whole i<insert-product-name-here> that I do not find very appealing.
              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

I do not like the android at all, its a lot clumsier than the iphone imo. I'm not going to get a new iphone until my contract is up in January (I think), but I'll definitely be sticking with the iphone, without a doubt.
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I can't speak for other phones, but the Nexus is awesome, I also prefer the keyboard of the Nexus to that of the iPhone. Another plus side is that I have tried both of those in English, and writing Dutch on the iPhone with auto correct on is a bitch. One the Nexus I can change keyboards to one that does have Dutch auto-correct, so I just switch keyboards whenever I'm texting or writing something in Dutch.

Can you finally change the background on the iPhone 4? I find it so annoying about my iPod touch that I can't change the background (save from the screen you see before using the slide thing to unlock your phone, I mean the background of the home screen).

Also, compared to other phones HTC produces, it seems like the Nexus is really just of a better order, seems to have been designed better and thought about better. The downside of the Nexus is that the 4 buttons (back, menu, home and search) don't always respond to the first touch, but not that much of a bother to me really. Also, Google fixed the being able to zoom in sliding two fingers apart or together, you can do that on the Nexus. Having tried both phones, I do prefer the Nexus, especially when you look at what is behind it, open source vs. closed, company attitudes/ideals, etc. I would say the hardware is pretty much comparable, with the iPhone perhaps scoring slightly better (but that depends on the processor for the iPhone 4), but os wise, Android kicks Apple's ass from all directions.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I have the 3gs and I love it. I'm going online @ 12:01 on the 15th to preorder mine. Hopefully they have an otterbox for it.
                    OBama/Biden 08

Comment

presentation of iphone 4 by steve jobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxQO...eature=popular

haha, that sucked.

Comment

in terms of aesthetics, i liked the rocker for the volume better than the the new two button scheme
                        do or die

Comment

Working...
                        X