Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ara, don't ban because you are emotional.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ara, don't ban because you are emotional.

So I login today only to find out that The_Paul is banned on the forums and in game. I wondered what retarded things he had done to get banned until I found out exactly what happened.

The_Paul had a real question and he did a help call.

Southerngirl answered the help call but was too retarded to properly answer the question.

The_Paul did another help call.

Southergirl took the help again and once again failed to do her job as a staffer.

The_Paul does a few more help calls and gets banned, makes a thread on the forum and gets banned here as well.

------

I of course find out later on that Southerngirl got suspended from staff for being immature, unprofessional, and my guess personally, being retarded. So isn't that alone an indictment that The_Paul although he could have handled it better was genuinely upset at having to deal with a staffer who was obviously doing a very poor job at handling the situation. I personally don't blame him for that. But then to add icing to the cake his ban was extended an extra two days and for what... Harassing "southergirl <ER>".. I don't know about the rest of you but when I am trying to get a question answered properly, the same retarded staffer continues to take the call even though he/she doesn't know the answer, I am going to be particularly excited with that staffer.

-----

So the question is Ara, how do you come up with the idea of banning a player, extending the ban two days, and forum banning the player for trying to figure out what the hell happened in the first place. And then turn around and suspend the staffer for being a dipshit. Obviously you decided that both were appropriate, when instead you should have realized that as a Dean of staff it is YOUR job to make sure that YOUR staff is capable, professional, and courteous to the players of the zone, and intelligent enough and game savvy enough to answer questions that some people might have. It is also your job to make sure that the staffer has thick enough skin to not start copy/pasting the entire chat they have with a player on staff chat because they are so emotionally involved in the call. Your bad choice in a member of staff led to someone who only wanted a question answered getting angry, getting banned, and losing faith in this zone and the zones staff. One player might not seem like a big deal, but I suggest you stop protecting your bad decisions and reversing the two day extension, and the forum ban because I can guarantee you that this isn't the first, nor will it be the only time something like this happens. Bad staffing shouldn't result in a player getting banned.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Oh, and no I didn't see the logs but here is a reinactment of how I think this played out.

(Help)The_Paul> yes I need a question answered.
    1:Southerngirl <ER>> on it.
    Southerngirl <ER>>:the_paul:yes allow urself 2 ask question plz.
    (The_Paul)What?
    Southerngirl <ER>>:the_paul:take two step from center line and take shot, ty 4 contact tw staff.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

He was banned for abusing help repeatedly as you even stated, and he was banned from the forums for protesting a ban... which is also against the rules. Yes, Southerngal did handle this horribly. But, two wrongs don't make a right. The_paul should have contacted a member in staff, instead he raged and spammed help.

Comment

perhaps another "free ilyaz" type of campaign is in order?

man, that was so much work though

but yeah, c'mon people stop being silly ass motherfuckers and just let a guy rage a little

so much stupid shit goes down on a daily basis with regard to serious overreactions on the part of ego-tripping fools

you police a spaceship game that's just about pretty much dead

get over yourselves

all ya'll just stop being children

for fuckity fuck's sake
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eww View Post
          He was banned for abusing help repeatedly as you even stated, and he was banned from the forums for protesting a ban... which is also against the rules. Yes, Southerngal did handle this horribly. But, two wrongs don't make a right. The_paul should have contacted a member in staff, instead he raged and spammed help.
          um

I recall many people coming on the forums and complaining about their bans but all they got was an e-mail address where they could submit their complaints and lock the thread, not a forum ban. When has that ever been the case??
          sigpic
          All good things must come to an end.

Comment

One person is a player, the other is a staffer, two wrongs don't make a right but at the same time the person who has the power and is in charge shouldn't be getting flustered visibly, and another staffer shouldn't "do them a favor" by keeping up the ban. And please.. a forum ban for protesting a ban, give me a fucking break, even if this ban and the extension weren't fucking retarded in the first place you shouldn't get a ban for some shit like that. Besides, look at the forums every person we ban for some stupid shit like this makes it worse, not even better. Even a few tone rants would make the forums better right now where nobody is posting anything. Forum mod nazi's and in game nazi's aren't making this game a better place for anyone, they are just frustrating the players we have left.

Sure he spammed help but its because he got a terrible answer, and she even got suspended for that situation. If he just randomly spammed help IE purposefully trying to get banned this would be another story but actually do some fucking work and look up the guys ban history, this isn't his style or who he is even.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I am very nice and respectful to people I play against in matches. But the_paul is one of the only people that have attacked me and my squad verbally after a match for no reason at all. His integrity and merit in the past might have been great, but now there is something missing. I do see a lot of posts on where people were referred to a site and the topic was closed. Sorry for stating that is why he was banned, I did not know this beforehand. I just read in the rules that you are not allowed to protest a ban and came to the conclusion that this is why he was. I am sure it wasn't just the help calls though... If you start calling staff "F**king idiots" and things along those lines, you are just asking to be banned. Some staffers may need to be a little more patient, but there is a line when it comes to harassment. Staff won't put you on ignore. So, if you keep pushing their buttons and calling them names because of their decisions, instead of talking it out with them; then I am sure they will give you some time to calm down. (Most likely 3 days =P)

I do understand that some members on staff won't take time to talk stuff out. I am just referring to how things should be ran in general. The_Paul might have been trying to speak respectfully to staff.. but with the way he has been acting lately, I HIGHLY doubt it.
              Last edited by Azada; 06-09-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

how u jus vs the_paul, go fuk ursilf
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I can tell you exactly what happened, and someone who was either on a chat with paul or has talked to him can verify.

"Viop" decided to abuse the living fuck out of ?help, like he has been for about twice a day for the past week and a half, and has been humored far more than was probably needed.

When he abused it the most recent time he was warned, then decided to do it again like 2 minutes later.
                  He's shown absolutely no desire to listen to someone who tries to explain things to him and apparently doesn't know how to behave like a rational person.

Which leads me to the_paul.

Of course, as soon as vio was banned (and he was long overdue for it, I assure you), the_paul wanted to start sending ?help calls to find out what happened.

Now, I'd like to point out that:

A. You're not fucking entitled to information on someone else's ban like that to begin with, and Wark, you already know this having been on staff. That rule has been in place since AT LEAST 4 years ago when I was hired, and probably long before then.

B. Paul decided to continue abusing ?help after southern tried to help him. I can put myself in paul's shoes and see why he was angry. I probably would have been too. That doesn't give you the right to fucking rage-out and disregard common sense/the rules. When the_paul decided to abuse help instead of just asking someone else to help him, that was it. He didn't want help, he wanted to act like a child and rage at everyone because something happened that he didn't like.

By the way, Wark, I was also on a chat with Whispus, paul (and Gran, I think?) where he flat out stated something along the lines of "I dont even care anymore" when Whispus basically begged him to stop what he was doing.

You can't talk to someone who isn't willing to listen anymore.
                  help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
                  MegamanEXE> Chao
                  MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
                  (Sefarius)> ....
                  (Hate The Fake)> LOL
                  MegamanEXE> You are sick
                  MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Yes but Southerngirl was suspended for being immature on staff chat, I am not arguing against the original ban, I am arguing against the two day extension placed by Ara for "harassing" a staffer who is suspended for abuse because of the original case.

Also the forum ban is unwarranted.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i abuse the help and harass the staff evry day!!
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

The_Paul was given infraction for continuing a closed topic, simple as that. Arguing zone bans here on forums isn't following the forum rules either. Also getting personal against a staffer is against forums rules. Please study these links wark with your mighty ERing experience.

Staff complaints:
                        http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...aff-complaints

Forum rules:
                        http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...-of-04-17-2008
                        Ara / AraGee / Death
                        SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                        TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                        ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X