Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onlives, available from june 17th

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1097850p1.html

After months of beta testing, OnLive, the online streaming game platform, will be available to the public this week on June 17. To commemorate the launch, OnLive is teaming up with AT&T to offer players a full free year of the service, waiving monthly subscription fees for anyone who signs up today , June 15, at OnLive.com.

The company has also announced the games that players will be able to play immediately at launch, which include:

Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square-Enix)
    Borderlands (Take Two Interactive Entertainment)
    Dragon Age: Origins (Electronic Arts)
    Just Cause 2 (Square-Enix)
    Mass Effect 2 (Electronic Arts)
    NBA 2K10 (Take Two Interactive Entertainment)
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft)
    So the day finally came. I never thought it would, since it seemed like something impossible to do at this age. I'm really surprised and excited to see how it's going to be.

Any thoughts about OnLive? Any of you americans getting it? If so, post your experiences.
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Fuck me sideways.

Comment

The idea is good in theory, but from what I've read this thing is pretty crappy.
      sdg

Comment

I want to play Just Cause 2 just cause

Comment

pok pok pok pok pok

Comment

Please educate me on this because isn't this technically the same thing that Game Spy has been doing for the past 5+ years if not longer? I know Game Spy has a lobby and it has specific games that are on the menu, as to which you then pick the game and have umpteen servers dedicated to running the specific game itself? That's how we use to compete in league play when I was in a Wolfenstein Clan as well as when I use to play Americas Army. Actually worked pretty damn good.

So what's this one specifically do that is different? seriously, not trying to sound like a dick, but the description given was kind of vague.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Basically, with this merged with cloud computing, you wont need a console to play any game on a console ever again.

Although im curious as to how theyre going to incorporate multiplayer online games as well as services like xbox live.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                Please educate me on this because isn't this technically the same thing that Game Spy has been doing for the past 5+ years if not longer? I know Game Spy has a lobby and it has specific games that are on the menu, as to which you then pick the game and have umpteen servers dedicated to running the specific game itself? That's how we use to compete in league play when I was in a Wolfenstein Clan as well as when I use to play Americas Army. Actually worked pretty damn good.

So what's this one specifically do that is different? seriously, not trying to sound like a dick, but the description given was kind of vague.
                They are doing the hardware processing, the only thing you need is a good connection. Basicly it means that you can sit on a shitty comp and play the newest games on max, lag free. too good to be true, isn't it?
                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY... View Post
                  They are doing the hardware processing, the only thing you need is a good connection. Basicly it means that you can sit on a shitty comp and play the newest games on max, lag free. too good to be true, isn't it?
                  or on the TV

Comment

Working...
                  X