G20 in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G20 in Toronto

Was a complete farce, hopefully your country never has the 'privilege' of hosting this conference. Toronto was on lock down and civil rights were widely abused, mainly do to my Liberal provincial government passing a secret law giving police unquestionable power during the G20 conference. People who had nothing to do with the conference and simply forgot their I.D or looked suspicious were taken off to a holding area for as long as the police deemed necessary. Over a billion dollars was spent on the security for the conference, and god knows how much the damages are going to cost us. Not only that, but its unlikely the federal government will shell out any money for damages caused this past weekend.

I'd also like to give a special thank you to all the cock bags who showed up to my city and had no other interest except in breaking it, you shit rags made the situation worse by provoking police officers and proving that you're all incapable of having a peaceful protest. To all those who came out and practiced their freedom of speech without resorting to unnecessary acts of violence I thank you.

And for the love of god stop throwing these 'pr events' in major fucking cities. Seriously, no one wants to see their city completely fucking destroyed.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

it's sad that it will be remembered for the shit on the streets rather than the actual things accomplished at the conference.

i also think that the burning cop cars were deliberately placed in vulnerable locations to justify the high cost of security
    do or die

Comment

Yeah I actually read a lot about this Cops and instead of trolling Canada like I normally do I have to give you guys some props for holding protests against that bullshit. I heard about the artificial lake, and the complete fascist takeover of an entire city for a few days. Keep in mind when I talked about my dislike for liberalism things like what you just went through in your own country is what I was talking about. Slowly freedoms are being taken away but in small doses, not being able to smoke inside bars.. not being able to have a salt shaker in a restaurant, etc etc etc etc. And then when the Kings of the land show up it really shows you how little freedom you actually have left in your country, and it is because you allowed these people to take an inch here and there.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I listened to a politician on talk radio, am 640 in the morning where they were talking about the law being passed secretly, I don't agree with it either. Take the money spent on that shit pile and give it to countries too poor to even go to something like that, help them out. Hold that meeting shit up as northern Ontario as you can in Cabins. Idiot violent protesters.
        what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
        http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Originally posted by Stormwick View Post
          it's sad that it will be remembered for the shit on the streets rather than the actual things accomplished at the conference.

i also think that the burning cop cars were deliberately placed in vulnerable locations to justify the high cost of security
          I've read stories of the cop cars being out of commission vehicles (no longer in service) that were strategically placed in areas where protestors would march and there would be no law enforcement. To me this screams of police looking to bait the protestors into burning them so they have an excuse to get more violent. The cop cars were burned on Saturday, and on Sunday the police enforcement stepped up their brutality and it was bloody and fucking miserable.

edit: here's a great video that describes some of the problems with the security, firstly they did not let those who were peaceful exercise their right to protest and those who were violent were left alone to destroy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5G7aCgXtWg
          Last edited by Cops; 06-29-2010, 12:05 PM.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
            I've read stories of the cop cars being out of commission vehicles (no longer in service) that were strategically placed in areas where protestors would march and there would be no law enforcement. To me this screams of police looking to bait the protestors into burning them so they have an excuse to get more violent. The cop cars were burned on Saturday, and on Sunday the police enforcement stepped up their brutality and it was bloody and fucking miserable.

edit: here's a great video that describes some of the problems with the security, firstly they did not let those who were peaceful exercise their right to protest and those who were violent were left alone to destroy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5G7aCgXtWg
            so that their unholy NWO meeting could be justified and the countless money spent on security could be justified and to make the people who are against tyranny look like they are the villains

boohoo your city got messed up, when WW3 happens and all hell has broken loose then you should be qqing noopi!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

At the ‘Security and Prosperity Partnership’ meeting protests at Montebello Quebec on August 20, 2007, a Quebec union leader caught and outed three masked undercover Quebec Provincial Police operatives dressed as ‘black bloc’ protestors about to start a riot by throwing rocks at the security police. See the following videos documenting this event.

Stop SPP Protest - Union Leader stops provocateurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

Evidence -- Police provoke Violence at SPP protest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRsj06wT64&NR=1

The operation was exposed by the following picture of the undercover police wearing combat boots identical to those of the security police arresting them.

(Provocateurs in Montebello wear the same shoes as the Quebec policemen who arrest them!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliep/1206638928/

Comment

Originally posted by Stormwick View Post
                yeah, because the first world decided to once again rape the third world in the name of compassion or whatever. i know the phrase "neo-imperialism" is used alot and has lost its magic, but that's exactly what this is.

besides that, i can't imagine anything else was really accomplished. basically everyone got up and dropped bombshells like hey, you know what would help the world? if poor countries were less poor, BRILLIANT! and hey, we need to reduce spending and debt to save our economies, but we also have to increase spending and debt to stimulate our economies, BRILLIANT! &c., &c.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

How dare you ignorant peons try to ask questions of the royal party of the world. You don't know whats good for you, only the government does.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Public Safety Minister Vic Toews said the police had “exercised restraint,” telling CBC-TV that the riots were why the government allocated nearly $1 billion toward security for the summits. “We’re not intimidated by thugs,” he said.

If I had 1 billion dollar army I wouldn't be intimidated by few thugs throwing shopping carts either, and I might catch one of them too, faggot. And I don't know about you guys, but this was one of my favorite arrests:

Earlier, about 200 protesters gathered outside the police forces’ temporary G20 detention centre in the city’s east end.

The demonstrators were singing, dancing and holding peace signs while greatly outnumbered by riot-gear wearing police officers. Then, suddenly, an unmarked vehicle drove up to the demonstrators and plainclothes officers quickly grabbed several protesters and pulled them into the vehicle, sending others fleeing and screaming.

Officers then fired the “muzzle blasts,” sending plumes of white and grey smoke into the crowd as others forced their way into the crowd to make arrests.

Two Greyhound buses arrived carrying more officers, as police formed a barricade, four or five officers deep, to block off the street in front of the detention centre.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...#ixzz0s6v3sKir

Comment

I'm more depressed at the fact that all the news about the G20 I've heard is about the violent protesters going around being useless people, and not a lot about the legitimate, peaceful protesters that were actually there to represent different groups of Canadians in order to get their voices heard. My friend works for a union and was downtown on Sunday for a protest rally around Queens Park (or was it Allen Park?), and I'll probably never hear about it on the news.

As for the "secret" law, someone posted this on his Facebook. Though I don't agree with the police being able to search me for no reason, it looks like it wasn't formed just recently. Unless I am reading it completely wrong?
                      http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta...es_90p55_e.htm

Consolidation Period: From December 31, 1990 to the e-Laws currency date.
                      Powers of guard or peace officer
                      3.A guard or peace officer,
                      (a) may require any person entering or attempting to enter any public work or any approach thereto to furnish his or her name and address, to identify himself or herself and to state the purpose for which he or she desires to enter the public work, in writing or otherwise;
                      (b) may search, without warrant, any person entering or attempting to enter a public work or a vehicle in the charge or under the control of any such person or which has recently been or is suspected of having been in the charge or under the control of any such person or in which any such person is a passenger; and
                      (c) may refuse permission to any person to enter a public work and use such force as is necessary to prevent any such person from so entering. R.S.O. 1990, c. P.55, s. 3.

Refusal to obey guard, etc.
                      5.(1)Every person who neglects or refuses to comply with a request or direction made under this Act by a guard or peace officer, and every person found upon a public work or any approach thereto without lawful authority, the proof whereof lies on him or her, is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not more than $500 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than two months, or to both.

Arrest
                      (2)A guard or peace officer may arrest, without warrant, any person who neglects or refuses to comply with a request or direction of a guard or peace officer, or who is found upon or attempting to enter a public work without lawful authority. R.S.O. 1990, c. P.55, s. 5.
                      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

And did anyone in Canada know this law got passed or was it one of those things that happened in the dead of night attached to some random 3000 page bill on page 1567 that nobody had the time, the patience, or the background in law in read and understand?

Nobody seems to care about these things until all the sudden its fucking happening right in your face as they turn your city in a prison camp.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          Nobody seems to care about these things until all the sudden its fucking happening right in your face as they turn your city in a prison camp.
                          just fyi, texas GOP want to ban blowjobs
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

rofl, in what public places and cars?
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I think the government would be more scared if no one showed up to protest at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X