New Shit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shit.

I thought it would be nice to revisit a few of these topics, even though there have been several threads in the past. I've been in a rut lately as far as TV/Movies/Music/Gaming/Literature goes. I find myself re-visiting the same media mainly because I don't have anything else on my plate at the moment. So let me know what you're current interests are.

My current lists:

TV: Mainly dictated by whatever is new on Netflix instant view. Recently I've been watching The State (pre Stella/Reno 911), Party Down, Freaks and Geeks, the latest season of Futurama, and I just re-watched season one of FOTC.

Movies: as far as films go, I'm pretty out of touch. I recently saw Gentleman Bronco for the first time, which is not that recent, but still funny in an over-the-top ridiculous manner. I really enjoyed Pirate Radio (also not too recent), In the Loop (which had some of the best use of profanity I've ever seen), Mystery Team (the first feature length presentation by the Derick Comedy crew; better than I anticipated), and Toy Story Three. The only summer movie I'm actually planning on making an effort to go see is Despicable Me, because it looks pretty funny and the cast is incredible.

Music: Nothing new here for quite some time. Tungg, Kinks, Fratellis, Andrew W. K. and the new Gorillaz album have been on most of my summer playlists.

Games: Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii, a fun new board game called Huggermugger for anybody who likes language based trivia games, and still waiting on Diablo three.

Literature: Just finished the recent (and last) Stieg Larrson book, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. This and the two prequels are by far some of the best mystery/thriller books I've read in a very long time. Highly recommended. Other than that I've been reading a bit by humorist Bill Bryson and I just finished the George R. R. Martin series for a second time in (hopeful) anticipation of the release of the fourth book this fall.
    Last edited by Scurvy; 07-08-2010, 08:31 AM.

TV Shows: Recently caught up on How I Met Your Mother, currently watching Friends, got Seasons 1-3 of Big Bang Theory downloaded (haven't watched yet), waiting for Season 4 of Eureka to come out soon

Movies: I'm also out of touch here, I saw I Love You, Man the other night. It was alright, but I think I need to discover what kinds of funny/action/drama movies came out in the last year that were good. Almost forgot, saw the A-Team last friday, totally overshot all my predictions. Definitely worth the watch (Liam Neeson kicks ass as usual).

Music: Since last October I've more than doubled the size of my music collection. I've been getting into Jazz and Hip-Hop lately (Us3, arrested development, Mo' Horizons, Jazzanova, Jukka Eskola), as well as completing discographies for rock bands I already liked.

Games: I discovered this game recently, it's called subspace.

Literature: CBA to read for pleasure. I have to read so many engineering research papers at work that I'm so sick of reading by the time I get home. That's what TV is for.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

tv - internet anime, recently rewatching all the gundam series.

movies - bout to see dispicable me for free on behalf of bestbuy woot!

music - new parkwaydrive album and eminem album, am loving them.

games, been playing alot of mass effect 2, one of the most addicting rpg/fps space game I ever played!

books - last book I read was by c.s friedman with her second book in her new series.
      TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
      2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
      TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
      TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
      cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
      Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

huggermugger is nearly as old as i am

=)

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

tv - watching weeds from start to finish, seasons 1 through 5, in anticipation of the upcoming season 6. also recently watched all of planet earth and i'm on episode 5 or 6 of life. fucking love david attenborough!

movies - gonna watch micmacs this weekend, same director that did amelie. i also recently watched crazy heart and wasn't all that impressed. same with the new alice in wonderland. i need to get around to watching an education and the road, the latter was an amaaazing book so i hope the film does it justice.

music - listening to a lot of edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros as of late.

games - playing muramasa: the demon blade on wii (such a beautiful 2d game!) and a little bad company 2 on pc. i'm gearing up to download bioshock and run through that on pc after i finish muramasa.

books - just recently finished the first of the three books in the steig larrson trilogy. scurvy is right, these books kick some serious ass. i may go back and try my hand at finishing house of leaves sometime soon, but that's a tall order.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

man i can't get into the State. it is weird seeing so many people who are now pretty established comics and tv stars, though.. has anyone seen JUSTIFIED?! it's pretty excellent. walton goggins' character is the shit.

i don't even know what new music is, mostly because everyone is listening to this past year's worth of advance albums that i've had for awhile. i haven't really heard of any decent new music. my brother listens to alot of this group called passion pit, which i am highly ambivalent about.

edit: fit of rage do you listen to freddie hubbard?
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

can't really seem to get into passion pit.

i saw them at bamboozle (yes, i was there and i'm quite ashamed to admit it) and they were meh.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                can't really seem to get into passion pit.

i saw them at bamboozle (yes, i was there and i'm quite ashamed to admit it) and they were meh.
                yeah, pavement is the type of dude who will white-boy-dance to just about anything, and passion pit is definitely for people who like to white-boy-dance

the bands that i've heard being talked about, that i have buried somewhere in my music folder, are bands like foals, kickball, colour revolt (who played here), moving mountains (also played here), maps & atlases (again, played here), grand analog, &c. shreveport has a bad-ass homegrown music scene - a bunch of people here have rented out two houses near centenary college that are next door to eachother, it's like a music venue / commune where bands often play and have a place to crash. then a mile away is a full-fledged venue called "the collective" where musicians just hang out and jam when shows aren't scheduled, it's run by a dude i used to debate with. i hear alot of good music thataway but alot of it is local.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  huggermugger is nearly as old as i am

=)
                  ah--well I meant new to me. Nobody that i've played it with has ever heard of it before--the box has obviously seen several years. I picked up recently at a thrift store on a whim and have found it extremely entertaining.

and Jason--I just quit House of Leaves for the third or fourth time now. Tough Going.

I may be biased about the state. I've got a huge man crush for michael ian black, but imo Ken Marino, Showalter, and Thomas Lennon are the stars. Just for fun:

Comment

jerome: I don't currently, but from your tone I have a feeling I should. I'll check him out.

edit: I dig.
                    Last edited by Fit of Rage; 07-09-2010, 02:05 AM.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Book : reading the Dark Tower series

Movie : invention of lieing was kind of an interesting one
                      what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                      http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

herbie fully loaded looks sooo out of place in that graphic

edit: i love stella so i should probably give the state a try

i have a hankering to go back through mr. show again, too
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Well I took my shit awhile ago its old now and flushed but it was taken around 5:00 and ended around 5:25. I reading the new star magazine doing the crossword puzzle which took my time. I think i even forget to wipe
                          sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                          I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                          tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                          im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                          i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                            great atcq avatar, you have taste.
                            4:BigKing> xD
                            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                            4:BigKing> what did i do???
                            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                            4:BigKing> ???? why though
                            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

haha jason, as of thirty minutes ago, edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros are booked to play here in october. sweet

internet de la jerome

Comment

Working...
                              X