Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM (Government Motors) Chevy Volt

So I was reading the news online and I see an article on the Chevy Volt:

Is $41,000 a reasonable price for the new electric Volt?

This is a base price as well without the extra packages of add on crap Chevy will push. I personally think it is way over priced when compared to the numerous other Hybrids on the market today. Noting this is a Chevy as well makes me cringe. With all the bailout money and the many years that have gone past; in noting that Chevy was to release this car a long time ago, so many auto makers have left them in the breeze IMHO. If I had $41,000.00 the last car I would throw that money down on would be a Chevy of any kind. If I did have that kind of money sitting around, I would not really be worried all that much about gas prices either.

Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Honda to name a few all have hybrids at economical pricing for the everday man/woman. Porsche and Tesla already have their sports car Hybrids out. What is puzzeling to me is why would anyone buy this or even trust it in noting the nightmares of Chevy's past car history...minus the Corvette and new Camaro?

I give this car perhaps a year on the market before they are forced to cut the price in half and or drop it from the market all together, thus wasting all the monies given to them making them Government Motors and not General Motors.

My guess is that this Chevy will be the Chevy Citation of the 21st century. A big heap of crap nobody will buy or if they do it will be plagued with recalls. Stick to what you do best Chevy and make Trucks!!!
    People that can afford this price tag are not looking to save money getting a hybrid and most likely will not buy this car. Over priced!!!
    Last edited by 404 Not Found; 07-27-2010, 03:22 PM.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

yeah chevy dropped the ball on this one.

have you seen their new pickups though? they are absolutely sick. i think they still know their real market, but there's no way they can't release a hybrid, because hybrids are currently the "thing that will save us" after the ethanol fiasco. they probably used whatever was leftover in the budget after designing the new beast-of-a-pickup-truck and used that for the volt :P

edit: seriously, the 3500HD can tow eight motherfucking tons.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I agree with ya and was why I noted they should stick with what works best for them "Trucks" It is sweet btw. This Hybrid bs they have been promising though is such bullshit to even put on the market. Chevy can't even make a car thats engine can go past 100,000 miles anymore.

Nissan Leaf will put this Chevy to rest...as in RIP.

Comment

I think they fuxed up by not letting the green public lease it first, like honda did with its fuel cell car. Basically they're pretty sure of themselves to put a 40k+ car on a limited market.
        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
        TelCat> i dont

Comment

404 check this out

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/06/motoczysz-e1pc/

that's some hot shit... really, it makes me wonder wtf chevy was thinking. hopefully there's some dude, somewhere, in some lonely chevrolet design HQ, working on some badass all-electric roadster like the tesla, or something. i can only pray.

internet de la jerome

Comment

hah, just shy of 100 MPH avg on the isle!

Comment

The car only cost about 2000 dollars to make the other 39,000 dollars is pay for the unions and the bureaucracy involved in the making of the car.

But one thing you are all forgetting, I doubt that the public will like this car that much but would you really be surprised to see every single government worker in the next 4 years moving from a hybrid to a volt. The government will buy a car for use for the government from a company the government controls and will in return also keep the union workers and union leaders at the factory happen. Its one small step back for America, and one giant shitty car and corruption scandal for mankind.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                The car only cost about 2000 dollars to make the other 39,000 dollars is pay for the unions and the bureaucracy involved in the making of the car.

But one thing you are all forgetting, I doubt that the public will like this car that much but would you really be surprised to see every single government worker in the next 4 years moving from a hybrid to a volt. The government will buy a car for use for the government from a company the government controls and will in return also keep the union workers and union leaders at the factory happen. Its one small step back for America, and one giant shitty car and corruption scandal for mankind.
                sadly, this makes sense. not in some sensationalist way though. i mean, it's yet another small example of the aggregate of "How We Got Here"

internet de la jerome

Comment

I could buy a hell of a lot of gas for the price difference between the WRX I just bought and the full price of a Volt after dealer markup. If price was no object, I'd probably get a Tesla.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
                    I think they fuxed up by not letting the green public lease it first, like honda did with its fuel cell car. Basically they're pretty sure of themselves to put a 40k+ car on a limited market.
                    The new Nissan Leaf (Hybrid) is being tested through the use of car rentals such as Enterprise, Alamo and so on for local driving rentals.

Originally posted by kthx View Post

Feels as if the UAW got a kickback at the expense of the employee's they are supposed to represent and take union dues from. I agree with your statement "Its one small step back for America, and one giant shitty car and corruption scandal for mankind".

Maybe they can sell them off in China when they do not sell here in the States and just slap on a Buick emblem!

Comment

No offense, but please learn the difference between a hybrid and electric car. Comparing these two side by side is like comparing apples and oranges.

The Volt can run 40 miles on electric charge (NO gas). A Prius can go 0 miles without gas.

Comment

If the volt can run 40 miles on electricity and has a backup gas tank of 365 miles, wouldn't it be considered just a hybrid with an electric backup more than an electric car since the gas engine is still obviously going to be the most used engine? Don't make up retarded crap like that Creature.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/28/2...s-premium-gas/

GM's plug-in hybrid is capable of traveling at least 40 miles per charge without using a single drop of gasoline. But what happens when the time comes to pump some good ol' crude into the tank? You'll be using premium.
                          People don't seem to be too angry about this though.
                          duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Or the fact that you have to buy an additional 250 dollar charging station to plug in your car, you don't just plug it into an outlet.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The difference in a tank of gas between regular and premium is about $3. If you can't sacrifice $3 in something else or afford this difference some other way, maybe you need to reevaluate your priorities. Over the course of a tank a week, that's what, $3 x 52 weeks = $150 a year? That's really not that much.
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X