Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you play Tower Defense in SubSpace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you play Tower Defense in SubSpace?

http://forums.ssgn.net/index.php?showtopic=24970

basically you're in spec and everything is controlled via commands and LVZs. You say your coordinates for where the towers to be built etc. etc.

[[[ !command for TWCore or ?command for ASSS (aka not in trenchwars) ]]]

?structures - displays buildable structures

?build itemID:coordinate - builds structure at coordinate desired OR
    ?build itemID - builds structure at your current location from spec mode

?sell coordinate - sells item at coordinate desired or current coordinate

?upgrade coordinate - upgrades item at coordinate desired or current coordinate

with a money system ofc.

bots run through the pathway .. heck even players could run through it while other players build.. would be a crazy event
    etc. etc.

Last edited by Xog; 08-30-2010, 04:44 PM.

No, I wouldn't.

It would be more fun if it was more like a gatez style event, where you could "buy" towers(players) with points and each ship was a certain tower.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

That's what it is, Kthx

edit:
      Originally posted by "Xog" from forums.SSGN.net
      Originally posted by "L.C." from forums.SSGN.net
      spidernl had a great idea for this too! (For some reason it never occurred to me that it could be done this way)

15:16 IRCRelay <Spidernl@SS> it looks fun for an event
      15:16 IRCRelay <Spidernl@SS> let players be the "flood of enemies"
      15:16 IRCRelay <Spidernl@SS> and let 1 player put down turrets
      15:16 Qwerty^ lol.
      15:16 Qwerty^ hmm
      15:16 IRCRelay <Spidernl@SS> give money for kills by turrets
      15:16 Qwerty^ I didn't think of that
      15:16 IRCRelay <Spidernl@SS> to buy more turrets
      15:16 Qwerty^ 1 player vs all
      15:16 IRCRelay <Spidernl@SS> epic fun

So I suppose there could be these modes:

1. Player vs waves of AI
      2. Players (co-op) vs waves of AI
      3. Player vs waves of players (spidernl's idea)
      i was thinking of the players going through the maze while other players build but .. would it just be 1 person or would there be a whole team dedicated to building structures along the path? It would be hell to balance something like that, but it's definitely plausible.

Here's a system I thought of that might work but you'd have to scale things to not be too weak or overpowered

Rules:
      20 creeps (those guys that run thru the maze), 1 person in spec building structures. He has 30 seconds to build. He's given $1,000 to work with, and his frequency has 40 lives. For each enemy player that survives the run, 1 life is lost.
      So he builds a few structures, kills 1 person on the first wave. That 1 person is added to his frequency and he is now a builder, but starts at a much lower $ to work with than the other person (let's say $100, and can only build 1 small structure because of it). Killing players nets you $ and your team a smaller portion of that $.

Wave 1 are ships with low energy and speed
      Wave 2 has more, and so on and so forth until the final wave (to be determined)

yes?

Comment

I guess I would then.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i imagine the ?commands would get very annoying after awhile, especially since the best tower defense games are the ones that require like 500 replays to figure out the optimal combinations of towers. point n' click mufukka
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

This sounds interesting if you could pull it off xog. Hell... any new event that doesn't deal with ?go bug or ?go hunt would be interesting. If you could get it to work, I would try it out at the very least. Nice idea at least!
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
            X