No announcement yet.

car audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were all using 58s...... I think he had the soloists on their own channels because he made us sounds larger than life.
    Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Bo Diddley rules

Comment

OEM integrated stereo and sound quality? I wouldnt combine those in a same sentence (unless its a Bang & Olufsen audi option 15k :P ) But seriously speaking I wouldnt expect a wow experience with original paper speakers eventho you had a good sounding headunit. If your just looking for bit better sound and ipod/usb/aux inputs I would go for Alpine or Pioneer units. You can get them relatively cheap. I would also concider the lighting of the dashboard and buy a headunit that has matching lighting to get bit OEM feel. Unfortunately I cant give you any good tips because im only aware what are in Euro market.

As for integration of bluetooths, gps etc I wouldnt concider it as a problem. There are several companies that manufacture wire harness adapters to keep those original features alive with the new headunit. Its all about research and the motivation to actually do the install

Do you have 1din/2din hole in the dashboard? If not you need a adapter facia in order to install the new HU.

Comment

Also FIT, in the 06, the radio signal amplifier is by the rear window, drivers side iirc, the stock radio turns it on automatically, but if you change the HU, your radio reception will be utter shite, unless you wire it back in.

Search NASIOC, there should be wiring schematics there, I don't remember offheart which color wire it was (black? maybe).
          Also, you will need a Subaru specific ISO adapter for your new HU, and like Cuji said, if its a single din unit, you need to buy one of the Subaru single din flap pockets, or it will look retarded.

I've got an Pioneer AVIC-D3, which is pretty decent, and fits relatively well with the oem dash, however, If i were doing it again, I'd save some dosh, and buy a Kenwood 2DIN HU, or an Alpine single DIN.
          Displaced> I get pussy every day
          Displaced> I'm rich
          Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
          Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
          Thors> prolly
          Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Working...
          X