Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old to these forums? Post your greetings in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y u get banned
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Damn, I'm like 3 years late for this thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by Exotic View Post
        lifes a bitch and then you marry one
        how and where is skate

also how and where is you
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• hey to everyone who I used to play this game with. I remember playing the beta version of subspace in some weird zones my senior year in high school (1996) and then playing way too much Trench Wars in college. good times. hope all are well.

look at me! I'm all old and shit. Still got the Pharcyde t-shirts though. Greatest base warbird to ever bless the grid, you know it to be true.
          Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Rides View Post
            hey to everyone who I used to play this game with. I remember playing the beta version of subspace in some weird zones my senior year in high school (1996) and then playing way too much Trench Wars in college. good times. hope all are well.

look at me! I'm all old and shit. Still got the Pharcyde t-shirts though. Greatest base warbird to ever bless the grid, you know it to be true.
            go back to wow failfag. noone cares about you.
            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

• If you ever see this Divine Rides I want you to know that as I've aged and become wiser I really respect your alias. It sounds cool.

I had a hard time figuring out how to post a reply for some reason. Either I'm getting old and really out of touch, or, hopefully, it's a compatibility issue with my laptop. Why is the text box I am typing into black and the letters are white? Do people think that looks cool?

I used to go by EEK! A Spider! until Silicon Toad/Crown of Thorns/God gave me the name Spider to guard with my life when he decided to quit back when this game meant so much to us.

I spent a couple reading these forms and it was a huge nostalgia trip. I wish I was still around and on staff during the cash donation thing that went down. That sounds exciting. I also got a huge kick out of the fact that there are still some trouble makers in this game and they are as passionate as ever despite the declining population and importance of this game. SS was ground breaking in it's time.

Arguments about TW staff are already pretty he said/she said affairs and I remember there being accusations of wrong doing back when I was mod in the later period of the golden age of TW. That being said I really got the sense that staff has had some huge struggles for years now. The claims by the ne'er-do-wells on this form, as trollish (I hate that word) as they may appear, seem oddly credible.

I don't play any games anymore, and I never did play WoW, but I remember when people were abandoning SS (did the "vets" ever start referring to this game as anything other than SS?) to play WoW. I read a news article recently that was suggesting WoW might be on an irreversible decline. Imagine if SS outlived WoW. That would blow my mind. I guess we'll have to wait to see. Really bad news that PriitK is basically MIA though. I always got the sense that this game survived only because of him behind the scenes. Even the people who think they are running it now, yet can't contact him, likely have no idea. There is no way anyone has meaningful communication with him. He had better things to do back when I played and I literally couldn't guess how long ago that was. God help this game if he ever cancels whatever credit card he set up to make the server payments off of years ago.
              Spider
              Formerly EEK! A Spider!
              Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

• Wow this forum is still horribly broken on my computer but I figured out how to post (looks like I have to clicked on the 'advanced' button). Well the broken forum broke my addiction to this forum years ago, but hi everyone!

Looks like people still play SS, which is pretty cool. Coming on 20 years soon! WOO
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Indeed broken and got more broken in attempt to fix. Anyways, use default mobile skin. Doesn't look pretty but works at least. There are also rumors about one browser supporting this, the other that and so on.

Comment

• I am back!

These forums aren't very poppin' are they?
                    INSERT COOL SAYING OR QUOTE HERE

Thats right....i can..

▲▲

Comment

• mannnnn I saw this thread and thought it was still going, latest post is a year ago. Damn. Anybody still here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                        mannnnn I saw this thread and thought it was still going, latest post is a year ago. Damn. Anybody still here?
                        literally about 20 people, none of whom you'd probably recognize except zeebu, ph, kthx

and yeah man just noticed the year gap in this thread... what a bummer

internet de la jerome

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                          literally about 20 people, none of whom you'd probably recognize except zeebu, ph, kthx

and yeah man just noticed the year gap in this thread... what a bummer

Well I guess it's been several years since I've visited, not sure what I expected. I recently started running a bar in michigan, ongoing invite for any ss visitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                            Well I guess it's been several years since I've visited, not sure what I expected. I recently started running a bar in michigan, ongoing invite for any ss visitors.
                            that's fucking awesome, and this is great timing because when this semester's over i'm gonna put in my two weeks at work and i'll most likely be travelling in the summer.

i'm a little bummed because i'm technically doing my undergraduate research thesis this semester, but i still have to take two other classes to satisfy the liberal arts portion of my history degree... though i've been told that my particular departmental dean has been known to let that shit slide. however one of the classes is spanish III and i haven't had a spanish class since 2012 and im pretty sure the foreign language class is just unavoidable. fuck.

so what im trying to say is i should have at least one month in the summer where i will be free to go to michigan. i technically could go in march but FUCK if i'm going there any sooner than june for temperature-related reasons. louisianimals are cold-blooded. i think i'll plan a trip to canada and take a day or two to check out michigan. hell, maybe drive to detroit and see if i can't buy a house somewhere with only the money in my pocket. you wanna go halfsies on an entire neighborhood block? probably about 500 bucks in certain areas, but property is property......

internet de la jerome

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                              that's fucking awesome, and this is great timing because when this semester's over i'm gonna put in my two weeks at work and i'll most likely be travelling in the summer.

i'm a little bummed because i'm technically doing my undergraduate research thesis this semester, but i still have to take two other classes to satisfy the liberal arts portion of my history degree... though i've been told that my particular departmental dean has been known to let that shit slide. however one of the classes is spanish III and i haven't had a spanish class since 2012 and im pretty sure the foreign language class is just unavoidable. fuck.

so what im trying to say is i should have at least one month in the summer where i will be free to go to michigan. i technically could go in march but FUCK if i'm going there any sooner than june for temperature-related reasons. louisianimals are cold-blooded. i think i'll plan a trip to canada and take a day or two to check out michigan. hell, maybe drive to detroit and see if i can't buy a house somewhere with only the money in my pocket. you wanna go halfsies on an entire neighborhood block? probably about 500 bucks in certain areas, but property is property......

I mean, everybody has (hopefully) some level of local pride--Michigan is neater than most people think. Great food and drink, developing art/music/comedy scenes, Lake Michigan is gorgeous especially if you're here in the summer. People rag on Detroit but it's full of culture...catch a tiger's game, hit up the detroit institute of arts, get an authentic coney dog, and if you're doing Canada, Toronto is not an unreasonable drive from there. The city I am in, Grand Rapids, is kind of smack dab between Chicago and Detroit, and is technically beer capital, USA. Hit me up if the trip is actually happening, I'd be happy to give you some local highlights.

And if we're looking at a neighborhood, Flint's gonna yield us far more property for the price, but Michael Moore tends to make the town too small of the three of us

Comment

• hmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X