Traveling To Austin, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling To Austin, TX

I'm leaving the frigid sticks of New England to go look for a home in the greater Austin, TX area this month on the 22nd and was wondering if any of you were from the area, or have been there and could offer me a bit of advice.

I only have 2 properties picked out right now, both in the Round Rock region (1 House, 1 Condo), and it seems to be a pretty nice area and extremely cheap in comparison to downtown, is there a reason for this? Am I going to get stabbed during my visit or something?

Anyways, any tips on the area, or ammo I could use to get somebody to drop the price of their home would be greatly appreciated.

Round Rock is nice, and most property outside of downtown areas in Texas is fairly cheap, you forget we have a lot more room for houses to be built and such shit. Supply and Demand works for square miles also
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Round Rock is great, I live in Williamson County too (Round Rock is in Williamson County) but technically I still live in Austin. Yeah, just stay away from the DownTown Austin (East Side) - When I lived there, 3 murders in 3 months in the surrounding apartment complexes. 3 years ago...DUN DUN DUN!

Austin is the best place to live in Texas for sure, and a hell of a lot better than anywhere else I've lived. (Dad's a musician so we had moved around A LOT).

Anyways, you'll love it here man.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Didn't know you lives in TX 24, much less Austin. I knew kthx was in TX and got ahold of a Realtor through him the other day (Barbara Day, nice lady!). Since I spend every night talking to you anyways, expect some harassment about this in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
          Since I spend every night talking to you anyways
          rofl ^
          No comment.

What kind of prices are you looking at? You looking to rent/buy?

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

My bro lives in Round Rock. According to him, it's a really nice place to live.

Comment

i used to debate in round rock, what an awesome place

austin is pretty legit, you're gonna be in for quite a culture shock.

hey

before you leave new england, why don't you snap some photos of what sort of foods you eat regularly? and compare it later to what you've tried down south? cuz your experience is about to get spicy!
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Yeah, you are in for a culinary treat, Texas is known for some of the best food in the US.

If you ever see a Goode Company BBQ go grab a chopped beef sandwich on jalapeno bread.

Rudy's bbq is good also, bit more greasy but.

Home of Tex-Mex, may I suggest papasito's beef fajitas and make sure you ask for the fajita butter.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Just reading the words "fajita butter" gave me the shits. I was stationed in Savannah when I was in the service so I'm not entirely new to the southern food/hospitality. Granted its not Texas, but still plenty of spicy diarrhea could be found in Savannah.

I'm actually quite pleased that I'm not going to get stabbed, hope I can find a place in my budget!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                    hope I can find a place in my budget!
                    What kind of prices are you looking at? You looking to rent/buy?

Comment

Dipping a fajita in fajita butter is the equivalent of eating a chipotle burrito. I mean it might give you the greasy shits as the butter passes through your system in about the time it takes for you to finish your meal but it tastes so fucking good. And on the bright side the butter helps lube up the shit so it doesn't sting as bad.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        And on the bright side the butter helps lube up the shit so it doesn't sting as bad.
                        ^ this

Comment

I'm convinced. Thank you!

In regards to budget, I'm not talking about that for the public to see lol. Next thing you know I got people trolling me for my money and calling me "fake and gay" (Ty RWJ). I will, however, talk about it in game :>

Comment

wooo we all have to meet up im like 5 hours away

Comment

Originally posted by lilwade View Post
                              meet up
                              Nope

Comment

Working...
                              X