me invading new york this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaped View Post
    True true ... although it was pretty nice and lush over by the MET last time i was there -- I was a little drunk and took a nap there after crushinating a hot dog while my two friends I was with were bitching at each other about what museum to go to next.

We ended up continuing our bar crawl rather than go in another museum ... Still mad about the $15 vodka tonics in Greenwich Village and this was 6 years ago.
    haha I was there in april and june, and man did the grass look terrible. In june it was just an ocean of dead grass and bubbling-ly hot dog shit.

lots of rastafarian hobos pushing around carts. guys with one of those bike carriages (if that's what they're called?) INSISTING he must take you up the main road in central park for $5 to let you "enjoy the wind in your face". Reminded me of that scene in Glengarry Glen Ross where Levine sits down in the guys house and tries to sell him a timeshare.

I heard there is a zoo inside. how the hell...?
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
      Xog knows the city damn well. You may want to look into what week you are coming into the city and see if there are any festivals or attractions specific to your visit.
      ^this.

I don't know you all that well Da1, so I don't know what kind of style you're in to, but I know all the venues here in NYC (back alley rock jam style parties, jazz, electronica, any style really). So if you let me know what you're interested in doing here in NYC during your visit I'll give you the information you need.

Not sure if you want to be a tourist for a week, or if you want to have fun. You really can't do both without wearing yourself out and taking the next day off.

An example: If you want to go to the statue of liberty, expect to stand in a line about a half mile long during the middle of June. I used to work right next to the ferry that went there. You will probably stand in that line for about 4 hours. Then when you get there, it will be a complete madhouse with crying children, angry parents, and frustrated tourists. Places like that and the Empire State Building are places to avoid. Trust me. I know the work arounds.

If you really want to just get close to the statue of liberty, you can just take the ferry from Manhattan to Staten Island, it's free. It floats right by it and you have about a 5 minute window to snap a bunch of pictures. You'll get there in about 15 minutes from when you arrive in the city. No joke.

If you want to party all night, I know all the awesome bars, (oh and the coney island spots since it's going to be summer), night clubs and lounges.

If you want to view the venues, there's things like the Bowery Ballroom, kenny's castaways, rockwood hall, etc.

If you're down for any type of festivals/raves, private message me about that.

If you need smoke or anything else, private message me too. I'm most likely available mid-june, so maybe I can show you around. Just let me know what you're in to and I'll hit you back with some more.

Comment

i'll never forget seeing NYC for the first time, kind of sad how i take it for granted now since im so close to it

o btw theres this halal stand on 53rd...and fuk i forgot, its called chicken and rice its amazing go there....o and then the usuals...times square (china town + little italy), empire state building, Rockefeller, central park, grand central station

honestly just take in the skylight @night, and walk around Manhattan
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Too bad everyone can't experience NYC for the first time as it was Pre-Giuliani clean up..

First went when i was 13, and having grown up in the country of Colorado and my only "big city" experience being Denver ..... NYC with all it's sex shops and hookers near Times Square was just an interesting experience. Colfax Avenue in Denver at it's worst in the 80s couldn't compare to that in a million years. Also the burning car in near a NYPD Precinct in the South Bronx when my dad took a "shortcut" was definitely something that isn't on the normal tourist map.

The second time was with friends and was so much fun -- I didn't care that I spent a shitload of money in one day. Although I will kinda complain about that super expensive drink for the rest of my life. HOWEVER -- someone said something about Jazz clubs -- that drink I got that was so $$$ was in a killer jazz/soul/r&b club that made the cost of the drinks MORE than worth it. There are a couple decent Jazz places in Denver but nothing like that one place I went in the Village; wish I could remember it's name right now......
          Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
            An example: If you want to go to the statue of liberty, expect to stand in a line about a half mile long during the middle of June. I used to work right next to the ferry that went there. You will probably stand in that line for about 4 hours. Then when you get there, it will be a complete madhouse with crying children, angry parents, and frustrated tourists. Places like that and the Empire State Building are places to avoid. Trust me. I know the work arounds.
            This past week my friends needed 3 tries to get to the Statue of Liberty, it was crazy busy. But when I was in New York in 2009, it was June and I didn't have to wait much more than 20 minutes. So when does the busy season start?
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

try the chicken and rice stand.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                i'll never forget seeing NYC for the first time, kind of sad how i take it for granted now since im so close to it

o btw theres this halal stand on 53rd...and fuk i forgot, its called chicken and rice its amazing go there....o and then the usuals...times square (china town + little italy), empire state building, Rockefeller, central park, grand central station

honestly just take in the skylight @night, and walk around Manhattan
                Park avenue and 52nd street, Rafiqi's
                theres also one on 2nd ave and 53rd but rafiqis is better. theyre all over the place tho lol

Comment

The last time I was in NY was 2 months before 9/11 and I was chilling by the World Trade Center listening to some Spanish Music Festival while my parents were strolling the marriott that was inside the WTC (my dad worked at the Marriott then). I didn't go in though, I was sitting by concert stage that didn't attract many people. There was an old lady with a huge ass mole on her face and hair on it and everything epughaughaigfuahea8ehga, anyways, she was right next to me. Twas disgusting that I felt like I should demolish this entire area of her existence. Two months later... Coincidence? I think not.
                  sigpic
                  All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                  X