Hot Or Not: Netflix Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Or Not: Netflix Edition

I'll be blunt, my recommendations fucking suck. I went on a binge of nothing but Stand-Up Comedy for a week around Christmas and now they think that's all I want to watch. I'm currently working on a TV show I've never heard of called "Numb3rs" but it's growing old fast. Though netflix has an abundance of golden oldies and forgotten gems, they are missing a lot of great stuff I want to see. What's some of the good shit you guys have come across that's actually on the site?

Netflix is awful. I did the same exact thing over Christmas, just watched comedy, then rock of love season 1 LOL and after that got rid of it.
    'why cant i just find sometione who lwill love me and wont hmake me lose weight or change the perosjn who i am' -Pandagirl!
    'but im fucking hot im 12 years younger thanhim why is that noe tnougj??' -Pandagirl!
    'i mean i was f cuking fit model for vistoria's secret what g8y wioujldn't wanthtatr? he worked asa plstic surgeon forawhile and he said i had aperfect boobs....' -Pandagirl!

LaSenza ⇐ left Epidemic Jun. 5, 2011 - 14:57

Comment

The Man from Earth
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

get the Andromeda strain, a mini series a&e did several years ago, it's michael crichton awesomeness

Comment

Great opportunity to get some scifi viewing in

Stargate SG-1
          Stargate Atlantis
          Stargate Universe
          FarScape
          Battlestar Galactica
          Babylon 5

Those are the shows I can remember being on there, anyhow.
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

or you could skip all of those really horrible shows and watch firefly

battlestar gallactica was good for season 1 and 2, 3 was ok, and then it really turned down hill. there are only so many times I can watch starbuck and apollo fall in and out of love, the cylons are not interesting when they are humanized to become good guys. the whole "omg you had sex with a cylon but they are our enemy" was done 7 times. if shows remained 12 episodes a season they would be good but 24 is ridiculous. writers just start desperately reaching for ideas. charcters flip flop from week to week, guys that were honorable and good for 3 seasons turn on a hat and are suddenly antagonists. watch firefly, characters remain themselves while still growing.

Comment

Awesome documentary: The Transcendent Man

About how humanity and technology will fuse to create a new world in 2040 or so. Probably all bullshit in theory, but some of the technological inventions the guys came up with in the doc are fascinating.
              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                or you could skip all of those really horrible shows and watch firefly

battlestar gallactica was good for season 1 and 2, 3 was ok, and then it really turned down hill. there are only so many times I can watch starbuck and apollo fall in and out of love, the cylons are not interesting when they are humanized to become good guys. the whole "omg you had sex with a cylon but they are our enemy" was done 7 times. if shows remained 12 episodes a season they would be good but 24 is ridiculous. writers just start desperately reaching for ideas. charcters flip flop from week to week, guys that were honorable and good for 3 seasons turn on a hat and are suddenly antagonists. watch firefly, characters remain themselves while still growing.

this guy rly still upset his space western get cancelled?

and i get calling BSG and stargate terrible but farscape and babylon 5 are pretty much amazing, the latter especially so in terms of plot and character development
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Numb3rs was so incredibly annoying
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                  4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
                    this guy rly still upset his space western get cancelled?

and i get calling BSG and stargate terrible but farscape and babylon 5 are pretty much amazing, the latter especially so in terms of plot and character development
                    ok mb farscape was cool and i didnt watch babylon i do tend to exaggerate when i whine

and firefly was canceled because fox sabotaged it: they aired the 3rd episode the first week and not the pilot. think about how bad that will affect your audience jumping into episode 3 with no pilot to explain the story setting concept characters etc. then they aired the new episode on a different night each week. they seriously did this. their explanations for both these decisions was conflicting schedules, witch is just utter bullshit. imagine how hard it would be to start a new show with a different night airing each week. the fact is josh weidon was hot and got to do anything he wanted after buffy the vampire slayer, and he picked this controversial centralized, evil, totalitarian system with mind control slaves and fox didn't want the show to succeed. now josh weidon does internet TV, wonder why.
                    Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 06-17-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                      Numb3rs was so incredibly annoying
                      Sigh, you people...

Comment

black swan
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

anyone who doesn't understand how upsetting cancelling firefly was is either an idiot or 9 years old atm
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

bomb it made me want to spray paint my name all over the city
                            what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                            http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                              ok mb farscape was cool and i didnt watch babylon i do tend to exaggerate when i whine

and firefly was canceled because fox sabotaged it: they aired the 3rd episode the first week and not the pilot. think about how bad that will affect your audience jumping into episode 3 with no pilot to explain the story setting concept characters etc. then they aired the new episode on a different night each week. they seriously did this. their explanations for both these decisions was conflicting schedules, witch is just utter bullshit. imagine how hard it would be to start a new show with a different night airing each week. the fact is josh weidon was hot and got to do anything he wanted after buffy the vampire slayer, and he picked this controversial centralized, evil, totalitarian system with mind control slaves and fox didn't want the show to succeed. now josh weidon does internet TV, wonder why.
                              He had another chance with 'Dollhouse' but that show was utter shit compared to his other shows. Although, I really blame it on Eliza Dushku. The concept, story and character development was all there but the acting was so bad. Dushku is a hot piece of ass, no doubt. But she can't act for shit. BTW, all of Whedon's stuff is on Netflix if you really want to get into some great television.

I'm currently watching all of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X