Dance with Dragons? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance with Dragons? (spoilers)

I haven't been frequenting the forums lately due to an unfortunate dispute with my internet provider (they wanted me to pay for their lackluster service). But I haven't seen any threads started regarding this topic.

I just finished the book, and have mixed feelings. A lot of it felt forced, although i read it adamantly for the sake of catching up. I'm fairly sure that the major characters that were 'killed' will show up again in the next book....its become fairly predictable in this sense. Either way, its nice catching up with the characters that were spurned in A Feast For Crows. I refused to believe Jon Snow has died, and I'm pretty sure the dragons will make a pretty good run for Westeros.

I'm not sure of my predictions, but I'm thinking the Lannister's will flounder, although Jamie will redeem himself for past failings. Daenareys (i realize the spelling is off) will come to aid the other dragon prince at some point, and there has to be some sort of last ditch effort to defend the wall against the others. I'll probably give it a re-read pretty soon, but overall, the book was filled with inaction, in my opinion.

wow u fukin spoiler writing asshole wtf you come back here for just to type out the words im pretty sure jon snow doesnt die i hope you get raped

Comment

as long as joffre is killed in the most brutal way possible i don't care

just finished season 1 and i might have to read the books before ssn 2 comes out because jesus, i cant sleep at night knowing that fuk is alive
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I've read the whole Song of Ice and Fire series thus far.

I must have missed Jon Snow's death. And Jerome, you'll be a happy man soon enough. Everyone who isn't ugly and/or reviled will meet a bitter end.

George R.R. Martin has basically crafted the ultimate nerd fantasy world where the righteous and downtrodden survive and the jocks all get creamed. If you're smart you can cut it, if you're entitled (Sansa being the exception that proves the rule) you'll be snuffed out before too long. Your odds rise significantly if you happen to be a character who's dealt with abuse from all sides.

The fifth book was a bore. My only hope is that he can finish the series before he pulls a Neil Jordan or Douglas Adams and dies with his story unfinished.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Oh, right, because the Knight's Watch stabbed him.

How the hell did I forget that?

I think Daenerys is going to return to the Westeros just as the Others break through the wall and it will be a war of attrition between them. As a result, the five kingdoms (minus Iron Isles and Dorne) will reunite to fight against both forces and whoever survives with the strongest army (probably Bran Stark) will take the Iron Throne. Another Civil War will ensue. Cersei will remain queen until she is deposed, etc. etc.

I'm waiting for that wall to fall and for Arya to commit regicide, or murder Stannis, unaware that he's actually aiding the Starks in their conquest to regain Winterfell. She has to kill someone important sooner or later since they made such a big deal about her being the Cat of the Whatever.
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I was somewhat disappointed in this book. It was drawn out and, for 80% of the book, relatively uneventful.

It was also lacking in the crude wit department, which I had become accustomed to over the previous novels.

It is partially my fault for not enjoying it, though. Six years anticipation culminating to a few hours of reading is almost certainly going to be a let down. I should have had lower hopes.
            TWLD CHAMP x1 Fierce (Benched 100%)
            WORKOUT TITLES:

BENCH MAX: I don't sit on benches; I can't get back up
            CURL MAX: An entire ham
            SQUAT MAX: 566lbs
            DEADLIFT MAX: 566lbs
            WEIGHT: 566lbs HEIGHT: 5'1" (Medically impossible, according to Discovery Channel)
            BODYFAT:97%
            TIME SINCE FIRST WORKOUT EVER: Whatout?

Comment

What book saga/series are you nerds all talking about? Sounds like some interesting fantasy shit.

I could google it or search on my Kindle but I demand an explanation in a video game forum.
              Fuck it.

Comment

you seriously have kindle vaped? rofl

Comment

Don't hate because you're illiterate.
                  Fuck it.

Comment

no I like to read REAL BOOKS, made out of paper

Comment

Working...
                    X