Labero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labero

Can someone who knows him please find out how Labero is doing these days? Is he ever in game anymore? Is Disoblige still an active squad? Am I perpetually trapped in TW 2004? Is Miau blond, brunette or redhead?
    Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Disoblige isn't an active squad anymore, it dissolved some time ago. And yes, u probably are trapped in 2004 TW world. As for Labero and Miau- haven't seen them in game, might be aliased tho.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Thanks.... is Pallies still a squad? I actually have the t-shirt... Pallies VS. Disoblige.... tsk tsk.
      Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Diso is long gone, neither Labero or Miau have logged on in years, neither is aliased. Miau was blonde-ish, you would have to ask Jonas if she was a real blonde of not. (And he hasnt logged on in years either.) Funny you mention Pallies/Diso, remember the merger and how so much work was put into the merger only to have a kid (who wasnt in either squad) log into his friends Diso form account, and cut and paste the merger plans into the TW forums under a fake name? After first lying about how he single-handedly fuked up the merger and negated all the work that Manta, WP and others has put into it he came clean a few days later and tried to laugh it off. That same kid is now TW staff, pretty much epitomizing the current state of the zone.
        eph

Comment

For history buffs…
          I can offer the following. I joined Diso about 4 months after it was started in 2001. We had a decent web site over the years along with a history page. As a part of that I went ahead and asked Jonas for his recollections on how diso was born and evolved. I think it contains some good insights into running a squad.

Hey Jonas, this is Eph

I've been tasked with writing up the Disoblige history for the new site. Although I have some history information, I am seeking more. I thought it might be best if I 'interviewed' some key guys about this subject. Below are some question that I would like for you to consider and answer if you have the time. Please return as soon as possible. If you don't have the time or care to participate, please simply return this email without any input so I'm not waiting around for nothing.

Eph > Jonas, thank you for taking the time for participating this interview. The purpose of this interview is to learn more about the ‘early years’ and history of Disoblige. So let’s begin with the first question. It appears that Disoblige was first started in early February 2001, by the following people: you, BoKi, Mantra, Fudge! and the Pioneer. Am I leaving anyone out?
          Jonas> That's correct. 7th February to be exact.

Eph>Who’s idea was it to actually start the squad?
          Jonas> All of the founders came from another squad called U F O. U F O leadership was poor at the moment, and we were being bugged by a played named Gren, who kept invading our chat and spamming all the time. Squad morale was low and the most devoted of us wanted to become more serious, so we created a new squad to increase our chances of getting into TWL and TWBL, TWDL and TWJL

Eph>What was the motivation for starting a new squad?
          Jonas> U F O was more of a fun-squad than a serious league-squad. The most devoted players wanted to become a force to be reconed with, so we created the new squad.

Eph> Where did the name Disoblige come from?
          Jonas> The founders held a poll, where the options were several "dictionary"-words. Most of which started with "dis" I guess we thought it sounded cool at the time.

Eph> What was the primary objective when Disoblige first started (i.e. Public Basing? League play? Fun? Javs? )?
          Jonas> When we started out our goal was to create a small, yet "elite" squad which could challenge wildfire for the basing title.

Eph> In your opinion, what were the highlights of that first season?
          Jonas> 25. March 2001 we beat WildFire in our second official TWLB game. Also winning the TWL lower tier, but that win came after several other squads dropped out, and therefore didn't taste as great. Plus basing was where we put our main effort.

Eph>Disoblige has a rather unique organizational structure with it’s Leading Board methodology. Who came up with this approach and what were the reasons for doing things this way?
          Jonas> Originally the five founders was in the leaderboard, we wanted this to run our own squad because our previous squad U F O had suffered greatly because of poor leadership. Which was the main reason for creating a new squad in the first place.

Eph>If you could go back in time and change some things, what would they be?
          Jonas> A lot of the recruits we've picked up over time has turned out to hurt the squad. It's sad that a lot of our older members has left, and those who stick around (including myself) don't care as much as before. Our current leadership is keeping us up, but is not doing as good a job as earlier versions of the leaderboard.

Eph> In your opinion, what are the things that made Disoblige such a successful squad?
          Jonas>The leadership and dedication of the versions of the squad. A lot has changed lately, and I don't think it's really right to compare todays Disoblige with the Disoblige of, say two years ago. Also, our goals was very clear in the early stages, which I think is an important factor if you want to achieve something.

Eph> Over the first few years, what was the recruiting policy for the squad?
          Jonas> A player should mainly be active and have a good if not great personality. A squad can not thrive if the players don't like each other, I think that's been proven time and time again, especially lately, with a lot of intrigue going on. Also, an active player can improve, an inactive one cannot. So a medium skilled player who plays regularly is better than a great player who rarely plays. We kept a strict policy on activity early on, which made us axe a couple of players, one of the founders, Fudge! disappeared quite early because of inactivity. Loyalty was also very important, we didn't want to recruit someone, help them improve and see them go on to other squads.

Eph> Was there ever a time in the squad’s history that you felt was a ‘turning point’ (some key moment in time that heavily influenced the squad’s evolution)?
          Jonas>BoKi's leaving had a huge impact on how Disoblige was run. Many players think BoKi was a dictator who only made Disoblige better by leaving. In my eyes he was a great leader who kept us together, who made us great. After he quit playing, our leadership slowly disappeared, or at least changed, with new players in the leaderboard, a lot of whom wasn't fit to lead. Last season was kind of a turning point as well, with us becoming TWL-J champions, and being the best squad overall, but in my opinion, that matters little when we once again failed to do what our original goal was, to win TWL-B. Then again, it's safe to say that the goals have changed with the leaderboard. I no longer
          know what we want to achieve, these days it looks like we're just having fun. Which is ok I guess.

eph

Comment

Nice read for me eph, ty

good old Jonas!
            Originally posted by Tyson
            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
            Originally posted by HeavenSent
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
            Originally posted by Izor
            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Btw, Disoblige is back. Just so u know.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

for how long?

Comment

Last I heard, from lilbero (ezo), is that Labero has kids and is living up in North Sweden somewhere.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                  X