Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested In Helping Make A New SubSpace Tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested In Helping Make A New SubSpace Tutorial?

I'm looking for someone to help make a voice over tutorial on how to download and play TrenchWars. I have the general structure of the tutorial, but there is no script.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in. You can post here, or PM me in game.

Thanks! -Hack

It's instrumental in the advertising effort to have a tutorial on how to get started. Unfortunately, the only tutorials out there are really long and pretty boring. We end up convincing more people to NOT play it by using those. Anyone with any video editing skills or past experience is welcome to give it a try. The sooner we get this done, the sooner Hack can work on getting more people into TW.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

I can work with audio. (Sound Engineer)
      TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
      TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
      TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

What I have personally in mind is starting out w/ some actual gameplay/nice shots/basing/etc for about 10-15 seconds with some good music.
        Then it will splash screen w/ some animation coming across saying.
        "Trench Wars - Continuum"
        "Free To Download"
        "Free To Play"
        "Free Forever"
        Then a girl will come on and start explaining how to get started finding/downloading the game. She'll explain how to setup a profile and enter the game.

Something like that. ^

The person recording the video doesn't have to be the person speaking on it. As slum said, we can do audio separate if necessary.

Let us know your thoughts.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
          What I have personally in mind is starting out w/ some actual gameplay/nice shots/basing/etc for about 10-15 seconds with some good music.
          Then it will splash screen w/ some animation coming across saying.
          "Trench Wars - Continuum"
          "Free To Download"
          "Free To Play"
          "Free Forever"
          Then a girl will come on and start explaining how to get started finding/downloading the game. She'll explain how to setup a profile and enter the game.

Something like that. ^

The person recording the video doesn't have to be the person speaking on it. As slum said, we can do audio separate if necessary.

Let us know your thoughts.

That't right.

We are also looking for someone to put together a very short (30 second max) mini-movie video as an introduction to the tutorial. An idea I have is make it sort of like a movie trailer.

Comment

I think if you are going to make a video, Alot of things that suck about all the youtube videos about this game is that it is so hard to see what is going on that you have to squinch your eyes and honestly it makes the game look like something you would play on your atari back in the 80's. Get a good view of actual playing (preferably a twl base match that came down to the last sec and show all the people in pub spamming about how amazing it was.) I don't think you actually need to show a girl playing but maybe a girl talking (someone maybe like fis) while images of the basics and explosions are being shown. Also make sure you tag as much words as you can think because that helps.

Also could help to make a video linked to the one above on how to get on squads and what they are all about.

Comment

i would suggest for the first part of action opening lets the player know there is no grinding or leveling up and have some pvp quality vs quanity clips like wb/jav/spider 1v3 or 2v5 and win or like 4 basers defending flagroom from 8 or 10 man rush and stuff
              %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
              4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

a warbird on the run 1v2 that repells the offensive then rushes down the two and kills them would be good scene

my trainer is way more primitive then what you guys gonna make cause i'm a stoner

test clip from my trainer

%killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
                4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

The first clip ought to show a pub 0 (since this is what the new player will first experience) flag room fight for about 10 minutes and then a private frequency LT arriving and killing the game. Make sure to continue the video and show screens shots that include everyone going into and sitting in spec. Of course this isn't totally accurate since most of the time the game goes on for much longer, but they should get a good understanding how pub works. A second video can then be done, perhaps using a good ?Go Base game as the setting. Get the first 5 minutes of game play and then show the announcement call for some meaningless TWDT tourny and how it kills that game. As the third clip you could show the fun involved with a new player getting constantly spawned and trash talked. Another great feature would be to illustrate any random 5 minute clip of the pub chat, capturing some of the really engaging stuff about politics or people trying to get into some female named player pants.

Or you could forget all of that and put lipstick on a pig. Which is better, show the game as it really is (and I don’t mean the old 2d graphics) and not attract anyone or bullshit the viewer and let him find the above when he gets here? Point is, what is the point of advertising when the obstacles for new players entering the game exist and will crush your efforts?

Second point. Like virtually every other thing that TW has ever done, when will any effort like this get any real empirical data behind it? Surely there is enough data on hand to be able to record statistical information before, during, and after efforts like this to see if they are effective or not. Endless amounts of ‘improvements’ and other initiatives have been made over the years without ever measuring how effective they were. This is the dirty little TW secret, all the time and effort that has been poured into improvements while no one can ever say for sure if it was successful or not. Politicians work this way but in the rest of ‘real life’ that doesn’t fly.
                  eph

Comment

Currently I am toying around with SEO. So instead of wasting money on ads, why not try some cheap search engine optimization tricks?

If we could get SS download website on the 1st page of the results found when people search for terms such as 'free games' then there is a good chance we would get more downloads.

Could also use like 10 volunteers posting backlinks on various sites (only need like 30000 backlinks or so).
                    ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7 View Post
                      Currently I am toying around with SEO. So instead of wasting money on ads, why not try some cheap search engine optimization tricks?

If we could get SS download website on the 1st page of the results found when people search for terms such as 'free games' then there is a good chance we would get more downloads.

Could also use like 10 volunteers posting backlinks on various sites (only need like 30000 backlinks or so).

Interesting. Pm me when you see me online.

Comment

Also I think the girl in the video should be telcat, and she should be topless.
                        "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by Hack <ZH> View Post
                          Interesting. Pm me when you see me online.
                          LOL, I am not a SEO expert. I have a few ideas which I acquired from those "experienced" SEO professionals, but there is no guarantee those suggestions will work. I can pm you with what I know though.
                          ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
                            Also I think the girl in the video should be telcat, and she should be topless.

I think we need two chicks - both material girl and panda girl to play against each other (in a duel over the internet) in their bikinis :gorgeous:

... & also improved SEO so download site is on the first page of the search results. How to retain the new players would be a different story though ...

LOL I see a lot of you are obsessed with keepting this game alive :rolleyes4:
                            Last edited by T3l Ca7; 08-08-2012, 09:08 AM.
                            ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

A+

Comment

Working...
                              X