No announcement yet.

Faith in Humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are three types of people in the world.
    1. Those that see only things ‘as they are’, they see what is on the surface.
    2. Those that only see the ‘connections’ between things, how things relate to each other.
    3. Those that can do both of the above.
    I think that vast majority of arguments and debates occur between the types of people noted above. Telcat is the first type of person, she has a firm grasp on things as they are. She quickly and correctly indentifies facts and issues but gets frustrated when she cannot make sense of them. Her post above clearly reflects this, good observations of the world around her but frustration over how and why things occur.

For example, anyone who understands the connections between the things does not go from ‘cockroaches and virus survive’ to ‘humans are not really intellectually superior’.

She has struggled for years about ‘work’, often interfacing with me about this topic. Recently I suggested she go read ‘Working’ by Studs Terkel. This book is a compilation of interviews from every type of ‘worker’ imaginable, about what they do and why they do it. But unfortunately I doubt that Telcat would get anything from the book because she would only see it as a collection of interviews. She would read it and come away without understanding the connections between all the diverse careers and interviews.

The deltas between people noted above is not a criticism, society benefits from the different types of people contributing to it. But in many ways this discussion is about ‘knowledge’ and ‘wisdom’. Knowledge is what gets you a job, wisdom is what gets you a life. I find Telcat to be quite knowledgeable. She will always be able to get a job and be successful in that job but will always struggle with understanding the connections between things.
    In other words, she is knowledgeable enough to know the tomatoes are a fruit and not a vegetable but does not have the wisdom to understand that you don’t put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
    eph

Comment

I merely glanced at both TelCat's and Eph's posts. What I saw in tel's post was some stupid question like "if humans r so advanced y haven't we landed on another planet yet" telcat that is irrelevant and also highly relative i mean if evolution is real then why haven't we grown 3 arms? the answer: because of something called TIME you loony, buxom-chested cunt

Didn't even read anything until I caught the name of one of the greats, mr. STUDS TERKEL, and since his name was in Eph's post I assume he's the only one here not talkin out his ass.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

shut up ass talker
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
          you might say its a cat-astrophe
          i would have given you so much credit for cat-asstrophe. but with such, you missed out on the full 10pts and get only 7.5, sorry.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
            There are three types of people in the world.
            1. Those that see only things ‘as they are’, they see what is on the surface.
            2. Those that only see the ‘connections’ between things, how things relate to each other.
            3. Those that can do both of the above.
            I think that vast majority of arguments and debates occur between the types of people noted above. Telcat is the first type of person, she has a firm grasp on things as they are. She quickly and correctly indentifies facts and issues but gets frustrated when she cannot make sense of them. Her post above clearly reflects this, good observations of the world around her but frustration over how and why things occur.

For example, anyone who understands the connections between the things does not go from ‘cockroaches and virus survive’ to ‘humans are not really intellectually superior’.

She has struggled for years about ‘work’, often interfacing with me about this topic. Recently I suggested she go read ‘Working’ by Studs Terkel. This book is a compilation of interviews from every type of ‘worker’ imaginable, about what they do and why they do it. But unfortunately I doubt that Telcat would get anything from the book because she would only see it as a collection of interviews. She would read it and come away without understanding the connections between all the diverse careers and interviews.

The deltas between people noted above is not a criticism, society benefits from the different types of people contributing to it. But in many ways this discussion is about ‘knowledge’ and ‘wisdom’. Knowledge is what gets you a job, wisdom is what gets you a life. I find Telcat to be quite knowledgeable. She will always be able to get a job and be successful in that job but will always struggle with understanding the connections between things.
            In other words, she is knowledgeable enough to know the tomatoes are a fruit and not a vegetable but does not have the wisdom to understand that you don’t put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
            eph
            Are you one of those people who read a lot then regurgitate without understand what the original poster was trying to say? I have quite a few PHD friends who are like you, who read a lot and like to quote. They are very brilliant individuals, mind you. But sometimes I wonder whether most people actually think for themselves.
            I understand what you are saying without reading that book, that everyone of us is a part in this system and if any part goes missing, the system might malfunction, that no matter what the role we are given, we are all important in the functioning of the society.
            Which is correct.
            But what I have tried to say, and you sir have managed to mentally block my message each and every time was that, maybe this system is not functioning as efficiently as it should be, that maybe we prosper like the dinosaurs once were … for now. And maybe, just maybe we can do better.
            Have you ever thought of the possibility that we are all tools of nature. Nature created diversity to ensure at least some survive. Sad thing for us is that at some point we may or may not be the part that succeeds.
            P.S. why are you replying to my post and address me in the 3rd person, no one else seemed to have made any serious effort in reply to my post so it is not like you are talking to anyone else. Eph, are you alright?
            ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

It sounds more condescending towards you & makes him seem smarter to the casual reader.
              (Children)>hunted for life
              (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
              :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
                  It sounds more condescending towards you & makes him seem smarter to the casual reader.
                  I like your wording, tells so much truth in such a short sentence. :smart:
                  ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

If you understood the connections between things you would understand why the first post was in 3rd party. It was 3rd party because I was commenting the product that you are promoting here, your blog. I was not answering a post from another player, your post was blatant self promotion of your product. Sorry that my opinion is that your product is flawed. Obviously I could be wrong and your blog/opinions so insightful and meaningful that hundreds of thousands of people are flocking to it anxiously awaiting the next words of wisdom to fall from your lips.

My intelligence is indeed suspect, I readily admit that what is in my head is simply a compilation of the books and experiences that I have had. As you say, you have no need to read books. You have apparently managed to grow up without absorbing anything from anyone else, all your thoughts and ideas are 100% original. In fact, I am pretty sure that you posting naked pics of yourself online was truly an epiphany in original and intelligent thought.
                    eph

Comment

Woah personal attack. You are one of the last people who I expect to launch a personal attack when facing defeat.

Yes I am promoting my thoughts, because I believe they deserve promoting. Nobody would hear my thoughts if I keep them in my brain would they?

You were the one who didn't understand why people buy lottery. Obviously you don't trade stocks (short term round trips as opposite to hold them in the long run). Share prices are more influenced by hope and fear as opposite to the aggregation of all the information on the market. The exact reason why people buy lottery –because then they have hope though that they are hoping for would be very different to what they are getting even if they win.

Oh yeah I read plenty, and I am very proud of my education as I have been educated in four countries (China, Australia, Singapore & the U.S.) and across multiple disciplines (engineering, economics, finance, marketing and commercial law).

I admit I could be wrong, and I do stupid things all the times (more often than usual lately). I would much prefer you to tell me why my first post was flawed, but instead you point your finger to the sky and tell me, you don't see the connection. Ok, assume I was a complete moron and did not see the connection, at least specify what exactly you were referring to when you telling me my thoughts were flawed?

P.S. I am very proud of my body back then. If I am allowed to post a naked picture of a dog or a cat, a magpie or a dolphin, a turtle or an ant, then a picture of an half naked human would not be that much different, right?
                      Last edited by T3l Ca7; 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM.
                      ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

lol does telcat think telcat is smart
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Original text:

"Earn a salary by completing your assigned duties; use your wealth to fornicate with women of a crude nature"

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"Answers to the questions and the natural beauty of prostitution, the first instalment."

Original text:

"lol does telcat think telcat is smart "

"My apologies to display the dundun,"

the dundun has been displayed D:

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Original text:

"lol does telcat think telcat is smart "

"Remember that you can be and mother tilk Tilk"

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                              lol does telcat think telcat is smart
                              She used to be, but then stupidity is contagious and she got infected. So now she's as mediocre as the rest of them.
                              ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

The moment you think you are smarter than the rest of 'em is the moment you are a fucking idiot
                                (Children)>hunted for life
                                (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                                :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Working...
                                X