Am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I crazy?

I have noticed that over the last few weeks there has been a player who launches a highly political macro every 2-3 minutes in pub base. These macros are usually not related to any discussion going on in the pub chat, the intention seems to be to start a political debate. Yes, I understand how to ?ignore, and I understand how to remove pub chat from the screen, but that isn’t my point. And yes, I understand that censorship sucks.

I’ve tried to talk to this person and explain that TW isn’t the proper forum for geo-political discussions and that everyone would be better served if he took it to a discussion room, newsgroup or someplace where ‘like-minded’ people might be. I’ve tried to get him to understand that it’s not good for the game for this to go on everyday, every time he is online. He thinks that I simply just don’t agree with his political viewpoint even when I’ve never discussed any particular political perspective with him.

My point is this….by simply running a inflammatory macro once every 3 minutes over a period of several hours you can disrupt that arena as other people get sucked in the senseless diatribe. I’ve watched for days now as this person has impacted the arena he is in as it digresses to 15 people dropping to spec and start screaming political insults at each other.

Obviously, if everyone went and did this, running macros for whatever their own particular perspective might be, we would see a quick and serious degradation to the game. Hell, even non-inflammatory marcos can come across as ‘commercials’. If I ran a marco every 3 minutes saying, “Ford cars are great”, and everyone else started running marcos for whatever their personal agenda might be, it would ruin the game.

This could be a growing problem. Frankly, if I had a grudge against the staff or the game, this would be an effective way to bring a lot of grief to people playing the game and possibly even long-term harm TW. No sense in doing things that can get you banned. Set a bunch of inflammatory marcos, log on every day for a few hours under a different name, only publish the macros every few minutes so not to be flooding. Get everyone all upset, get a bunch of people to leave arena, move to next arena. Repeat indefinitely, changing macros, macro topics, and names each day.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Does anyone else think this is a problem or am I just crazy?

I think he'll just get bored eph. No one really takes him seriously anyway.

Comment

his name is like spinspastic or sr something that starts with spin.

I see hij come in and say WE MUST REMOVE BUSH and then i say 100 bucks for you to assassinate bush. he says no no an impeachment will do just fine.
      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I told him that he made a wise decision to share his views on Bush to a group with a large majority that isn't eligible to vote.

Comment

Eph is right, we don't need people coming on and spamming some macros and making bids for disruptive conversations, that would get extremely annoying.

But I guess this is how the guy wants to express his views, and I'm always for expressing your views.
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

i bet spinsanity is George W Bush coming on and trying to rally up the anarchists so he can find out where they all live and have FBI agents go to their house's and round them up to put on an island....an eevil island.

PS: George Bush flies the levi

Comment

He can't even ride a segway scooter. Or eat a pretzel. THEY SHOULD PUT WARNING LABELS ON THOSE THINGS
              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

clinton would fly the levi
                george flies the weasle
                Volcs> !sex
                Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
                Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
                Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
                Volcs> !sex on
                Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

Originally posted by adam
                  clinton would fly the levi
                  george flies the weasle
                  Bill had a levi, but I wouldn't call what he did to her "flying".

Comment

I have seen a lot of this too Ephemeral. Most of the macros are Anti American or anti Jew related. Its more then one person doing it I know but I haven't bother to report it or get any names.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                      Bill had a levi, but I wouldn't call what he did to her "flying".
                      oh man thats gold. you cant make that kinda joke irl

edit: musta been a laggy levi cause she ate all his shots!!! bwahaha.
                      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Yep, I have seen this Spinsanity go on about politics and I tried to reason with him...... later putting me into a political mood, when I initial came to the pubs just to relax and have fun.

The guy won't stop, even if you talk nice to him and try to reason. I told him that TW is the wrong place to chat with people about politics; like most of the people in TW are probably in their late teens and don't care much about politics.... or they don't come to TW to talk politics, but to have some good arcade action fun.

I just thought to reply to this thread, to add weight to this character who spams... and gets on everyone's nerves....

Comment

I'm going to go call Spinsanity a newbie. lololOLZlOL brb.k

Comment

What does spinsanity and GW Bush have in common? Neither of them got more votes than Al Gore.. But one of them is the president. Teehee!!
                            Spider
                            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

I spoken to spinsanity and told him some people in the forums are sort of complaining about his spamming.

I was toying with him a bit for a while, for kicks.... spinsanity....please tell me about the Bush Doctrine..heh...
                              basically I got him to even spam more, was funny at first....but then I started to talk politics myself.... eventually I think the political discussion was exhausted and it stopped. I just told him, this is totally the wrong place to wake people up about certain political realities... in some cases some people already know and play TW to escape the ills of reality..heh.. I think he is smart enough to get the message, and will cease on the spamming. Maybe he should just chat about it in misc forums on here, instead of in the pub arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X