Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few things that noone can ever understand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things that noone can ever understand.

There a few things in life that are uncomprehendable by any human mind, crazy or sane... And if you are so sure that you understand the following things, then you did nothing but accept what you've been told. Here are the ones that i could come up with.

1) a. The Universe is infinite - omfg how can anything be infinite??? there's gotta be an end somewhere!
    b. The Universe ends somewhere - so it does end. hey but whats beyond its limits? it cant be that there is just absolutely NOTHING there...
    c. Definition of nothing - no time, no space, no dimentions, no matter, no nothing. OMfg how can that be!
    d. The universe is shaped like a ring/donut - so it bends, so what, donuts and rings have surfaces, thus there must be something beyond that surface, which brings us to C.

2) What we're all made of - molecules. which break down into atoms. which break down into electrons, protons and neutrons. which break down into... umm.. wtf? they must be made of something!

3) We're alive? the fuck we're alive! Every organism is made of systems, which break down into organs, which break down into tissues, which break down into cells, which break down into molecules, then atoms, and then electrons, protons and neutrons. and every other thing in this world is made out of those 3 particles. but those other things aren't alive, so how is that a bunch of non-organic and non-alive particles bunch up together to make a living thing?

4) Viruses aren't living things (seriously, scientists dont consider em that)? Than what the hell are they? they spread, they eat, they have a purpose in life... they move. They adapt.
    Hyde:... Government always tries to track people down, screw the U.S. government!
    Red: Screw the U.S. government?! IF the government decides to stick a tracking device up your ass, you say thank you! God bless America!

Re: A few things that noone can ever understand.

Originally posted by FudLe Pucker
    electrons, protons and neutrons. which break down into... umm.. wtf? they must be made of something!
    They break down into kvants (dunno what the spelling for it in english is) which could break down into something else. In my theory the thing that will come after kvants will break into pieces that are the same as our known universe. That's the way universe would bend and that would explain the parallel universe theories too. :x
    Originally posted by Diakka
    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

we have discovered they break down a bit further than just the protons/neutrons/electrons... last i knew Quarks were the smallest... although that was a while ago, not sure anymore
      Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone else.

Comment

You guys are dabbling into String Theory. www.mkaku.org

Strings are one of the smallest items, if they break down into anything else..I don't know. Just check the site out..they have forums where you can ask people who can tell you better than I.

www.mkaku.org

The universe is infinite..and has an end eh?

I heard that if you could make a telescope powerful enough to look into the edge of the universe, that you could see yourself (milky way, earth) because of the universe's curvature. A little right-winged physics, I know.

The combination of certain particles is the definition of an organic molecule (generally N, C, H, O). Then the combination of those molecules to create cells, then tissue, then organs, then eventually the body...and all of these working together to create an organism would be a scientist's definition of life. So something that's more or less aware of its surroundings is alive.
        Ну вот...

Comment

if you shoot an arrow at a target, the arrow must go halfway. once it gets halfway, it must go half of the remaining distance. then it goes half of THAT remaining distance. if keeps on cutting the remaining distance in half... but how the hell does it hit the target? IN FACT, how could the arrow even begin to move? in order for it to get halfway to the target at all, it must get a fourth of the way first.. and so on....

Suppose that a spaceship travels in a straight line for half a minute and then doubles its speed, then a quarter minute later doubles its speed again, and so on ad infinitum. Where will it be at the end of the minute? It must be infinitely far away. But does that make sense?

lol, anyway.. anything you have ever felt is nothing but a chemical reaction. weeeee
          Last edited by za gophar; 06-16-2003, 11:06 PM.
          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
          apt>na
          apt>ill show you pictures
          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

its ez to say that the universe curves.. which still doesnt break the fact that IF it DOES curve, it must have a surface. And whats beyond the surface?

Next, ok electrons and all that junk break down into Quants (sp?), and maybe they break down into something else. So if you ask urself "well the smallest "brick" that makes up everything must be made of something too", i can answer "it's infinite", which brings me back to the questions about infinity.

Last, someone said that quants break down into universes, now that's just stupid unless u gimme a better explanation.

I am yet to receive a good explanation to the parralel universes theory.

Za gopher: now thats deep man... thats one more thing to uncomprehendables list.

Oh yeah and i found another uncomprehendable. How was universe created? Big bang? what created big bang? How did it all start? Did the universe just appear out of nowhere? Did god make it? than who made god?

Have you noticed that the uncomprehendables cause an infinite chain of questions?
            Hyde:... Government always tries to track people down, screw the U.S. government!
            Red: Screw the U.S. government?! IF the government decides to stick a tracking device up your ass, you say thank you! God bless America!

Comment

its ez to say that the universe curves.. which still doesnt break the fact that IF it DOES curve, it must have a surface. And whats beyond the surface?
              Last, someone said that quants break down into universes, now that's just stupid unless u gimme a better explanation.
              A lot of things in this universe form fractals. The whole universe is just one big fractal. There's no use to try searching for smaller and smaller objects because it's all the same. That's what I ment with bending - universe bends into itself. If our universe was inside the smallest object we know the sizes of the objects inside there compared to us would be uncomphrehendable because universe is a huge thing. So basicly you would never be able to prove me wrong or right.
              Originally posted by Diakka
              Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                if you shoot an arrow at a target, the arrow must go halfway. once it gets halfway, it must go half of the remaining distance. then it goes half of THAT remaining distance. if keeps on cutting the remaining distance in half... but how the hell does it hit the target? IN FACT, how could the arrow even begin to move? in order for it to get halfway to the target at all, it must get a fourth of the way first.. and so on....
                Say two guys are running a race and you start runner 1 10 meters ahead of runner 2. By the time the 2 reaches 10 meters the 1st guy is farther along, on the way, he's well past 10 meters. By the time the 2nd guy reaches this new spot the 1st guy is farther along still, let's say at distance C. By the time the 2nd guy reaches distance C the first guy has now moved past to dstance D. By the time the 2nd guy reaches spot D, the first guy still is moving so he's naturally beyond distance D now.

Whenever the 2nd guy reaches the distance the first guy was at, the first guy will have moved further along in the race, so naturally it's impossible to ever pass a person in a race, right?
                Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 06-18-2003, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                  The whole universe is just one big fractal.
                  Got any evidence for that one Eeks? Sure mountain range formation and air currents can be modeled very well with fractals, but you know... the universe hasn't exactly been proven to be a fractal just yet as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                    Say two guys are running a race and you start runner 1 10 meters ahead of runner 2. By the time the 2 reaches 10 meters the 1st guy is farther along, on the way, he's well past 10 meters. By the time the 2nd guy reaches this new spot the 1st guy is farther along still, let's say at distance C. By the time the 2nd guy reaches distance C the first guy has now moved past to dstance D. By the time the 2nd guy reaches spot D, the first guy still is moving so he's naturally beyond distance D now.

Whenever the 2nd guy reaches the distance the first guy was at, the first guy will have moved further along in the race, so naturally it's impossible to ever pass a person in a race, right?
                    no its not. the person eventually gets tired, and whoever has more stamina wins.

and eeks, u just said a bunch of crap lol, no offence, which doesnt make much sense cuz all u say is "universe bends and thats it". But what causes the universe to bend?

Comment

Also if you people are interested in intellectual type stuff, I suggest reading the book "Genius - The life and science of richard feynman" by James Gleick sometime. My brother recommended it to me and it's pretty good.

By the way, that was a fantastic mathematical proof there Fudle Pucker, I'm going to sign you up for a nobel prize award. A++

Edit: Added a plus
                      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 06-18-2003, 03:46 AM.

Comment

C++ speaking, A++ is A + 1 which equals to B
                        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                        3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel

i'm searching.. searching for the intellectual aspect in your rant sleepy

i don't see it

that whole situation is based on the assumption that both are travelling at the same speed, which is not the case, so runners overtake each other

simple as that

o_O
                          Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone else.

Comment

Re: A few things that noone can ever understand.

1) a. The Universe is infinite - omfg how can anything be infinite??? there's gotta be an end somewhere!

Sure you can have infinte concepts. The number system is infinite. I mean given any number n you can always get another number n+1 which is unique. Therefore, the infinite concept exits.

Given that, you could probably rationalize that even if our comprehension might not be all that great the universe could indeed go into infinite.
                            Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

It's all smoke and mirrors.

We're actually a marble inside an aliens marble bag.

Watch Men In Black, it sheds light on the dark areas of our being.
                              Volcs> !sex
                              Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
                              Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
                              Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
                              Volcs> !sex on
                              Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

Working...
                              X