This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW's sickly inaction...

OK, my brother was playing under the name "ghettokidz" and, he got tk'd, so he tk'd back etc etc etc, and he got banned from Trench Wars. Now, i have no clue why he even played and got banned that day, because he plays at another zone.

So anyways, i wake up at 12:00 and my brother is gone. I take a shower, get out and log in to subspace.

I am banned till the 20th.

This upsetted me, so i went and hung out in dsb while talking on my chat about it. Luckily, mr. 420 <ER> was nice enough to enquire why i was in DSB and i told him, and he said a guy named "ghettokidz" had been TKing and then got banned.

OK, thats cool. So i decide to email the twban@dcee.net about it. But i get no response. So, i get on my chat and ask my squadmates to type '?help a friend was wrongfully banned, what do i do or who do i email.'.

No response.

Now, normally i would hang out and wait out my ban. It's happened before, my brother is stupid. But now, my squad and I are in TWD and its crucial that we're all there to have our games, because we're fairly small. So, while my squad thinks that i can get unbanned fast they go ahead and challnge a squad, and we lose because i wastn there to sub out.

thank you trench wars staff, we're now like 11-1.

ive tried message overstrand. banG op. KJW, the local friendly paladen levelheaded staff. yomamma's been gone 3 days.

So, maybe i missed something. Is there a new ban email? Someone else to talk to? Or do you guys just not feel like having go past your ?ban macro's to the ?removeban macro?

look, i've talked to my brother. he says he wont do it again, even to the point of not playing TW (he plays dsb / omega fire / superships -- TW isnt even his settings style)

so what do i do now?
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Beat up your brother. Give him a bloody nose or a black eye for making you miss your game.

Unfortunately, staff can't handle situations in such a timely manner. Your best bet is to wait it out, beat up your bro, and if your lucky talk to Overstrand about it.
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
    flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

oh dont worry, i had a nice long painful chat with him :P

it just pisses me off that you cant just nameban instead of an IPban...i mean, he doesnt have the brains to switch his name, hes only like 10 years old

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
        oh dont worry, i had a nice long painful chat with him :P

it just pisses me off that you cant just nameban instead of an IPban...i mean, he doesnt have the brains to switch his name, hes only like 10 years old
        well i can understand your reasoning that they didn't handle the situation quickly...

but namebanning instead of IP-banning? are you kidding? what exactly would namebanning accomplish...

Dear God. They banned me. Now i have to go through the arduous trouble of switching names. Sigh, precious seconds of my gameplay lost.

anyway, gl with getting that ban resolved, if the week isn't already up.
        Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone else.

Comment

he doesnt have the brains to switch his name, hes only like 10 years old
          and/or, mom overheard me bitching at him so hes grounded. yes. my mom banned him. aint that some shit.

internet de la jerome

Comment

If they revoke the ban, then they are really stupid...

That would mean that I could make a random name- say "Ultra__killer_3423" and then go tk some staff members. When I get banned, I can just go "No, that's not fair! It wasn't me! It was my aunt Bertha!!"

Worst. Excuse. Ever.
            sdg

Comment

Right. Of course, a more diplomatic way of saying it though would be:

We don't know if what you say is true, but we also don't know if it is false. Both are possible, and it is very likely for such a situation to occur. The problem is that staff has to be harsh on this because it would set a precedent that would lead to a lot of abuse. Staff would have no way of knowing whether each situation was true (except for some complete fluke) and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt would not be good.

Comment

dude, i'm on a squad thats competing for 3rd place on TWJD. getting banned isnt the smartest thing to do. So why would i do it, knowing full well that i would be banned?

hell, you can check it. the day i got banned is the day our squad got its first and only loss. c'mon.

internet de la jerome

Comment

I think in this case you just have to server the ban and come back later. You probably didn't get a response from the emails because whoever reads those (PUSHER probably) read it and said to himself 'yes, he team killed so he has to be banned. The ban stays, no point in replying.'

We can't just name ban everyone, the point of the ban is make sure the offender can't just log back in as someone else.

Sorry about that! If you want to be able to play, you need to make sure both you follow the rules.. same goes for anyone that uses the same computer.
                  Spider
                  Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                  Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

dude, i'm on a squad thats competing for 3rd place on TWJD. getting banned isnt the smartest thing to do. So why would i do it, knowing full well that i would be banned?

hell, you can check it. the day i got banned is the day our squad got its first and only loss. c'mon.

just go play at the local library, friends house, or just buy a new computer or something(lol).... all fixes to your problem.

Comment

Once again, that would set a very bad precedent. Basically, anyone on the top squads could do anything and then come on and use that defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                        Once again, that would set a very bad precedent. Basically, anyone on the top squads could do anything and then come on and use that defence.
                        In fact they (people from top squads getting banned) have used this excuse before. You can thank the actions of those individuals for our harsh stance on banning.

-Epi
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Obviously you should not give tips about how to evade bans in this forum. Consider yourself warned. -Mythrandir
                          Last edited by Mythrandir; 06-20-2003, 06:27 AM.
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
                            Too bad you can't figure out how to get your name ban taken off huh, smartie pants. l0l
                            Last edited by Epinephrine; 06-21-2003, 02:17 AM.
                            Spider
                            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by Spider
                              Too bad you can't figure out how to get your name ban taken off huh, smartie pants. l0l
                              Spider, you didin't tell me you're a dick? And yes I do it requires me sending DoCk> 10$ when I get paid.

--Not again? -Epi
                              Last edited by Epinephrine; 06-21-2003, 02:18 AM.
                              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                              X