Good restaurants locals in London eat at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good restaurants locals in London eat at

Hey, I know there's a decent population of brits in TW, so I wanted to reach out to the whole lot of you to help me come up with a good list of restaurants that are worth checking out in London. I'm going to be visiting for a week in mid August for the first time ever. I've been getting a lot of input from people saying there isn't much in terms of culinary treats in London, but I want to prove them wrong through you guys! Ideally, I would like to try some good local restaurants that are not meant for tourists, while also featuring food that is genuinely English. Help me out? Thanks!
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

a pint and a pub meal at weatherspoons or something, full english breakfast joints, fish and chip restaurants etc, not from lond though, leeds here, but a britishhhh
    TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
    TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
    TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

slum.....did you really just suggest kim goes and eats at a weatherspoons? he just said he wants to find the best food in london he can, weatherspoons is budget and average at best LOL, no wonder the world thinks we have 0 culinary skills!

Kim - what's your budget? Are you after average priced restaurants, top of the range or budget ones?
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

^
        What Ricko said, if you know what you are looking for in terms of cuisine and the kind of budget you have, I can give you a few suggestions. I have lived in London my whole life.
        FrozenSand> have you ever put a coke bottle in your butt?
        Mira.Girio> I don't think I've ever experimented with coke products. >.>
        FrozenSand> oh you're a pepsi guy?

captain Ky> will the guy with the AOL add banner please insert his head up hiw on ass till he dissapears from our universe entirely. Thank you.

RuBbEr BoMb> woot hellkite parked in fr like my wife
        Burzum> meaning what
        Burzum> took him 4 minutes to get in?
        RuBbEr BoMb> meaning he aimed for flag and ended up on roof

Comment

My range varies from cheap eats to moderately fancy for one special night. Food in Vancouver is relatively cheap even though its considered "fancier". Just comparing the prices, it seems almost impossible to get a great meal for under 20 quid. An above average place in Vancouver is usually around $25-30$, but that translates to about 16 quid. Here's a list that I've compiled so far, any comments about them I would appreciate it (if they are worth checking out). I'm pretty big on brunch, I found a lot of brunch places but don't really know where to go for dinner. The hotel I'm staying at is the Easyhotel on Old St. and Barbican.

Meat fruit at Dinner by Hestin
          Lido Café for brunch
          Lowry and Baker - Monmouth coffee, blueberry cheesecake, brunch
          Pavillion Café at Victoria Park
          The Table Café (close to Globe theatre)
          Towpath - brunch
          Mr. Buckley's - Brunch
          Scandinavian Kitchen - Breakfast and Lunch
          Foxcroft and Ginger - brunch
          Chettinad - cheap indian lunch box
          Workers Cafe - filling breakfast
          Toff's - fish and chips