Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator 3 : Disappointing

Terminator 3 was VERY disappointing.

Guenivere and I went to go watch this pathetic sequal (sequal or something else?). I had high hopes for this movie, which were slowly destroyed as the movie further played. Now the only things I like in T3 are Arnold, T-X, and the sweet action scenes.

Now this was a book first, right? Now, if it was, some things are of course changed as the change media. I hope all the cheesy gimmicks, at which I must admit that I laughed at, were not in the book. The Elton John sunglasses and "talk to the hand" line really brought down any hope of this movie truly being epic. The "talk to the hand" cannot compare to "hasta la vista, baby." It sucked even more when Arnold used that line.

I thought the acting was terrible in this movie, though myself will never reach that level. John Mastow did direct a good movie that all of us enjoy, sadly it wasn't this one (U-571 :b watch it). Since I am going to review on it as much as possible, let's go next with costuming. I thought it was good, nothing super elaborate. Arnold has his black leater, and T-X has her sexy outfit (mmm Kristanna Loken... oh yeah). Special FX was nothing too stunning, none the less they were awesome.

On to what I liked about the movie. The actions scenes were great. I thought a few were funny, especially seeing Loken getting run over with a helicopter. T3 is filled to the brim with almost non-stop action scenes.

Wait, there is another thing I didn't like. The scene where T-101 was trying to abort his corrupted procedure of killed John Connor... that was lame. Desire is irrevelent, good line, ugly scene. I don't know... the lameness of this scene keeps running through my mind. Er...

Hm, one thing that puzzled me was when T-X was posing at Kate's fiance in the car with Agent Smith and Agent Johnson... She killed the driver and took control of the steering wheel. How was the car being accelerated though? The muscles should have clearly relaxed upon his painful death and the pedal would require some force. Does he have a fat foot? Do I look too much into this movie? :\

Anyways. I say you should watch the movie anyways, it was disappointing to me. It lacks the epic grandeur T2 was and all it's supreme coolness. The action scenes are sweet, so the mindless people can enjoy. If your an older fan of the series, you might be disappointed. Newer fans may enjoy it :b Fills in a lot for the story. Go watch :b

Ha ha, my first review. Ah... I'll sit back and let me people flame me now.
    dong burger

i'm not reading all that crap. But from i understood from the first lines of ur fucking long review, is that u didnt like the talk but liked the walk. Noone cares about the talk, people want the walk, so gg
    Hyde:... Government always tries to track people down, screw the U.S. government!
    Red: Screw the U.S. government?! IF the government decides to stick a tracking device up your ass, you say thank you! God bless America!

Comment

It was not a book first.

Oh and for fucks sake this is a summer movie and you are a goddamn moron.

Comment

I thought the movie was great. I think I'm going to try and download it right now.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          I thought the movie was great. I think I'm going to try and download it right now.
          have fun watching your 138.29MB [tmd]terminator3_rise_of_the_machines.(eso).tmd.screene r.ts.limited.[smf].1of2[excellentcam].avi movie

I'm sure the quality will be DIVX, yep.
          hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
          !

Comment

Originally posted by Spybreak!
            have fun watching your 138.29MB [tmd]terminator3_rise_of_the_machines.(eso).tmd.screene r.ts.limited.[smf].1of2[excellentcam].avi movie

I'm sure the quality will be DIVX, yep.

Someone's not as cool as he thinks he is.
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
              Someone's not as cool as he thinks he is.
              The answer is Pearl Jam
              I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I enjoyed the movie, I especially liked the ending. All those cheesy lines were put into it because they didn't take themselves seriously, and were able to make fun of themselves. Sure "talk to the hand" is no "hasta la vista baby" but who the fuck cares? But you're entitled to your opinion, as am I. I just hate film critics.
                Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

We all need a bitch who can grow out her titties. (Imagine what else she can do)

This was a good movie, not better then T2, but it did not dissapoint me.
                  2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Thanks

I just hate film critics.
                    dong burger

Comment

Working...
                    X