Best Emo/Indie Rock band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday is a sick band
    i also like the get up kids and although they arent emo or wussy music earth crisis for their sick ultra militant style of hardcore ! Breed the killers = $$ sick cd
    what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
      Emo involves massive distorted guitars and wailing vocals, last I checked. It's not acoustic guitar pop.
      What do you call pedro the lion then?

also when i said bout playing guitar and singing at the saim time i jsut didnt mean any old rythm guiter, eveni could do that
      im talking bout playing lead guitar and maby some rythm guitar, and their lead guitar, even rythm guitar is hard to play

cladio is a good guitarist, song writer, vocalist

if you think they suck, try playing the into to the song "time consumer" by coheed and cambria
      need a squad
      a good squad

Comment

Did you miss the part where I explained to you that being better than me at guitar does not make you the greatest guitar player ever? I don't play guitar.
        5:gen> man
        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by 45% Juice
          sunny day real estate (they are kind of emo)
          if you define "kind of" as "one of the main revivers of the emo rock style in the 1990's"

i like SDRE, Rites of Spring (first emo band ever. I have a vinyl, they cry during their songs. pretty hard.), Thursday.

and yes, some indie can be considered emo.

i dont find anything about cursive emo,
          listen to "the martyr". if you cant hear the emotion and almost..sadness..in his voice, then check your CD player, you might have forgotten to put on the headphones.

euhm, some of my favourites;

Sonic Youth
          Godspeed You Black Emperor!
          Dinosaur Jr.
          You just made my day. Dinosaur Jr (and other J Mascis bands (sonic youth produced 2 albums with J) is an awesome band. But noone i know around here listens to them, but then again if it wasnt for SS i wouldnt have heard any of the music ive heard, because louisiana (whwre im from) has a poor music scene.

Emo involves massive distorted guitars and wailing vocals, last I checked. It's not acoustic guitar pop.
          Sunny Day Real Estate - "the rain song" gg.

Your thinking of emocore, hardcore emo, whatever.

http;//www.fourfa.com - "the 'emo' site"
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

we should talk :P

Comment

I like your avatar, parallelogram.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X