Who's got a Dell flat screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got a Dell flat screen?

I'm looking into LCDs. I don't game much, other than SubSpace of course. The Dell 1800FP is looking pretty nice. There are also some new Dell LCDs coming out now that seem to have pivot capability. That'd be very nice for those endless lines of code. Anyway, if you have a Dell flat screen, let me know what you think of it. Thanks!
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

I have one, and it looks sexy, but it's kinda hard to see at an angle. That's my only real complaint though.

Comment

Jas- go for it. I've got a Trinitron and it's such a space waster.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I've got one, and it's the nicest flat screen I've ever used. Viewable from all angles I've tried except the back. I've very pleased with it.

Comment

If you're going to be doing a lot of coding, you should probably also look into something that's good for your eyes...I hear that hours logged onto a computer can be hell to your eyes. But maybe something like that can be fixed by something as small as the color of the backround.....I'd look into it at least a little bit
          Ну вот...

Comment

I say if you like it, then go ahead. But my feeling is that Dell products ALL SUCK.

Comment

my brother has one and loves it

Comment

One of my friends on campus just got a 20 incher from Dell. It's the Ugliest POS I've ever seen and it came defective, but then again you take that chance whenever you buy a flat screen. Dell has been real good about getting a replacement out to him so far though, and apart from the defect (a horizontal line that blinks across the middle of the screen after about 1/2 hour of usage) it looks awesome.

Comment

I generally know nothing about computers but I've been told about LCDs in general:

- Cons -
                  I have a laptop LCD screen and I can't play above 1024x768. Even if you only play Subspace, you should make sure it does the res you want.

LCD doesn't do contrast well, I usually play with the lights off. Some gamers play with no lights even with CRT but if you don't do serious gaming, LCD may be fine.

Dead pixels. When pixels fail, you'll get a "hole". Check what the repair policy of the company is.

- Pros -
                  Gets you chicks and all the guys you know will be jealous.

- geekbot recommendation -
                  I think it's clear what you need to do. (buy 2 for a double-wide desktop).

Comment

I like the NEC Multisyncs.
                    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Samsung Syncmaster 172W 17"
                      It has a 23ms refresh rate, so gaming isn't a problem anymore.
                      1280 x 768 is it's max resolution.
                      Pixel Waranty: if he has a dead pixel or more you can send it back the first 2 weeks.
                      And alot of more pros.

Look for the Samsung Syncmaster 172 reviews. They got the 172S and 172T versions, which have alot of positive reviews. I havent found a bad review yet. There are ofcourse some cons but too many pros that compensate that.
                      Keep in mind, the 172W is the wider screen. The other 2 are also very great, and bit cheaper than the 172W. I've heard there is a 172X 17" which has 16ms refreshrate, but i couldnt find anything quick about it.
                      Which CRT monitor doesnt have cons too anyways?

And it's around $650, which is very affordable.

If you still got some questions about it, just look on the internet or contact me on ss.

You can also look here:
                      http://www.thetechzone.com/display.php?i=270&p=1
                      Or at the samsung site.
                      Last edited by BLeeN; 09-10-2003, 11:47 AM.
                      Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

I think I might wait to see what the 19" LCDs with a 16ms refresh rate look like when they start popping up.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

every flatscreen u cant see at an angle, Working Class Hero.

didnt dell go bankrupt coz they were shit?

Comment

My girlfriend has one (17-inch, though) and it's really nice, in my opinion. I'd go for it.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                              every flatscreen u cant see at an angle, Working Class Hero.

didnt dell go bankrupt coz they were shit?
                              I really hope you're joking. "Coz" you're wrong at every angle.
                              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                              X