Bit Torrent - A wonderful filesharing application you should be using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit Torrent - A wonderful filesharing application you should be using

If you haven't heard of this filesharing app, you should look into it. You can download the official client here.

There are several other clients out there as well. In my opinion, this program even beats Kazaa in terms of the incredibly unique way in which it works. When you wish to download a file, you go to a website that has a listing of .torrent files. Each file has a list of seeds, which is equivalent to the total number of people currently downloading said .torrent file. You click the link, the client allocates the necessary space for the file to fit on your hard drive, then it starts grabbing bits and pieces of the file from everyone (seed) who is currently downloading it. It's an ingenious system. You can download something for three days straight and never have to worry about getting disconnected. It also makes it nearly impossible for fucktards like the RIAA to point the blame at any one person in particular, not that I'm condoning the use of this application for illegal pirating of music and/or software. I'm not doing that at all. I just felt some of my fellow spaceship gamers would find this program useful. :]
    Last edited by Jason; 09-11-2003, 04:46 PM.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Yeah, its great.

http://www.suprnova.org

For some movie dloads.
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

Comment

supernova

Just thought I would help correct.
      ()_()
      (0.o)
      (")(")

Comment

Actually Heatha, Dimboy was correct. It just so happens that suprnova gets so much traffic that the main site is often down. There are several mirrors though. I don't remember any off of the top of my head, but I'm sure you could run a google search and find one easily enough.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Re: Bit Torrent - A wonderful filesharing application you should be using

Originally posted by Jason
          If you haven't heard of this new file sharing app, you should look
          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I just discovered it recently, so it's new to me. I've edited my post just to keep you happy, Bilbz.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Actually Heatha, Dimboy was correct. It just so happens that suprnova gets so much traffic that the main site is often down. There are several mirrors though. I don't remember any off of the top of my head, but I'm sure you could run a google search and find one easily enough.

Opps my bad.
              ()_()
              (0.o)
              (")(")

Comment

I just discovered it recently, so it's new to me. I've edited my post just to keep you happy, Bilbz.
                Pwned.

<3
                Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I'll make a thread about this new filesharing tool called napster.
                  Originally posted by Diakka
                  Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

i hate uploading, it slows down my downloads quite a bit. thats why i prefer to get my stuff on FTP servers or DC++ over bit torrent
                    jee

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X