DSB (and league)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSB (and league)

Based on the Star Wars theme, the Death Star Battle zone is one of the most popular zones in the continuum community, one of the reasons for that is its exciting league!

Already in its 6th year of existence the Death Star Battle League(DSBL) is a big success, and one of the reasons so many players are “addicted” to the zone.

Your squad can also be part of it!

How are matches in the DSBL are played?

DSBL matches are played on Saturdays and Sundays in the following timeslots:

16:00 GMT(9 am pacific, 10 am mountain, 11 am central, 12 pm eastern)
    18:00 GMT(11 am pacific, 12 pm mountain, 1 pm central, 2 pm eastern)
    20:00 GMT(1 pm pacific, 2 pm mountain, 3 pm centrail, 4 pm eastern)

The matches are played between 2 teams(Rebels and Imperials), usually each team fields 12 players that have to defend a total of 100 flags(not mobile) distributed trough out the Death Star(map based on the Star Wars movies).

Every 80 seconds a bell is sounded, and the team with most flags on their side(yellow flags) will get more points. Teams get points according to the number of flags they have in their possession (Eg: 10 yellow flags = 10 points, 70 yellow flags = 70 points). Teams also get points from players killing opponents but they are not significant compared to the points given from flags at each ding. Killing is used mostly to prevent enemy players to get the flags, or to protect the flags that are on your team possession.

Matches are 1 hour long, with 2 halves of 30 minutes. There are rebel ships(freq 0) and Imperial ships(freq 1), and each team will use rebel ships only on one half and imperial ships only on the other. So the matches are always rebel ships against imperial ships.
    Each ship has its own settings and purposes, so a combination of different ships is usually ideal.

There are 4 different areas on the map(North, east, south and west), each one different from the other requiring players to use different strategies and ships to keep the flags giving points to their team at the bell.

How can I watch some matches?

Right now its pre season time and most squads are preparing for another league season and so there are plenty of matches during the weekend.

There is a different zone from Death Star Battle, that is called Death Star Battle League. You can download it from the zones list. Every Saturday and Sunday on the same timeslots as league matches are played you can watch many squads in action in that zone.

How the league standings(squad ranking) work:

The last season(DSBL 5) was played with about 20 squads of about 30 players each divided into 3 divisions: Amateur(AM), Intermediate(IM) and Professional(PRO). Whether your squad is new in the zone or a competitive veteran one, you will play against squads of similar skill level within the division the squad is put in.

Each win gives squads 3 points to a squad, a forfeit win 3 points, a loss 1 point and a forfeit loss 0 points.

DSBL is consisted of 3 rounds, each round the 2 best squads from AM and IM divisions are promoted to the division above and the 2 worse squads from PRO and IM divisions in that round are relegated to the division below.

At the end of the 3rd round, the 8 squads in the professional division are qualified to play in the playoffs to determine the champion.

When does season 6 start?

There isn´t a date decided yet, but squads can apply to join until Sun 12 Oct 2003 23:59 GMT, so hurry up!

What does a new squad need to join DSBL 6?

There will only be accepted new squads with 25 to 35 players. Because each team is supposed to field 12 players, you need a large roster so when a player misses a match others are there to substitute him. With 5 seasons of experience a minimum of 25 players is what every squad needs to avoid forfeit losses during a season.

So talk with your squadmates, friends and known people in your zone and organize a big enough roster to play in the DSBL.

How does a squad apply to join the DSBL?

After you get about 30 people who want to play in the DSBL, go to the DSBL official website, http://dsb6.league.nu/ , and click on the “join this league!” link on the top right corner and fill in a squad application. The league coordinator will study the squad application and will decide if the application is good enough to accept the squad.

After the coordinator accepts the squad. Each player(including captain) that wishes to play in the DSBL needs to create a profile at that website, using the “join this league!” link. The nickname players choose to create the profile needs to match exactly the nick they plan to use in the DSBL matches.

After the profile is created, the players must apply to join the squad they wish and the captain of that squad must accept their application.

Where can I read the league rules?

http://www.deathstarbattle.com/secti...ticle&artid=24

What is the Death Star Battle zone website?

http://www.deathstarbattle.com

I might have a squad interested to join the DSBL but I have some questions I want to ask first:

Well, most of the questions you might have about the DSBL that weren´t answered here you can get the answer reading the DSBL rules. If after reading the DSBL rules you still have questions, you are free to mail the league coordinator Bjorn at bjorn@djurner.net. Or ask our league community at our league forum, at www.deathstarbattle.com/phpBB/.

ive based in dsb leage style games before and i would consider joining a squad for dsb league if anyone is starting one.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

you know, bypassing the scout1 thing, why doesnt someone make a public TW squad for DSB

like squadjoin=TW's DSB Basersublic or something
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

For all those who made posts related to Scout1, and Scout1 himself: I deleted those posts because they were completely offtopic. Please continue the flaming, trash talking in the forum designated for it. Keep this thread clean.

Sorry about the mess Bjorn, good luck with your DSB league. You're welcome to advertize it on this forum.

edit: even after this post I had to remove a post by Mutha-Tucka. Mutha-Tucka: consider yourself warned.
        Again, no flaming in this thread.
        Last edited by Mythrandir; 09-13-2003, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
          you know, bypassing the scout1 thing, why doesnt someone make a public TW squad for DSB

like squadjoin=TW's DSB Basersublic or something
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
          X