XM vs Sirius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM vs Sirius

Anyone have any experience with either XM or Sirius satellite radio? How's the quality of music, content, price, etc?

okay, i don't HAVE them, but i've been in cars with them. the quality is good, from what i've experienced. the stations are many and varied. in my area, i don't have a techno station, so this is cool, cuz the satelite radio does. its $10 a month i believe. i dont remember how much the radio itself costs, and the installation tho
    DELETED

Comment

many car cd/mp3 players come with xm capability built-in... even on the cheap models. so that leaves you with just the $10/month fee if you choose to use it.
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

I have friends that swear by Sirius and I'm thinking of buying some stock. Technically it's pretty cool stuff but I have my doubts about how much it will take off.

1) I can't really see paying $10 a month for something I'll only use when I'm in the car.
        2) They'll have to compete with stuff like MP3 players. A 6-disc changer and something that plays MP3 will give you close to 1000 songs, right?

I guess they'll have original content shows and stuff that you can't get anywhere else. Hmmm....

Comment

well the only real benefit of having satellite radio (excluding the obvious RIAA lawsuit crap to put a dent in your mp3 collection) would be to possibly listen to stuff you've never heard of before.

plus, sometimes i get tired of picking my driving music and actually enjoy letting some random dj pick it for me. i don't think i'd personally get satellite radio, though. $10/month just isn't in my blood.
          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Working...
          X