Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy 7 - Advent Children

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~nanko/images/6787.jpg

Comic Book Guy> there is no emoticon for what I'm feeling right now.
    DELETED

Yea I've heard about that. It's probably a recovery from ffX-2, which was probably a bad idea from the start. After all, ff7 was the most successful out of the series, why not make more money out of it?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

FFX-2 isn't very good?

I don't get this new FF7 thing, is it a remake or a sequel/prequel?

Comment

Oh fuck.:eek:
        sdg

Comment

K.. found out it's a sequel.

I heard they weren't gonna make a sequel seeing as the FF Movie flopped.

yay

Comment

It's just a dvd, can't even play it.

Comment

ahh, yeah, just about to edit my post. The site I was on gave out false info :/

but...

More Advent Children details
              To rid you of any confusion, Square Enix announced that the previously announced DVD movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will have a running time of around one hour and be released in summer 2004. Speculation that the movie would be a trailer for an upcoming game seems less likely if the movie is this long.

Comment

This is a trailer to either a new game or a 1 hr preview to something. This isn't the final of whatever its gonna be.

I read that website too, i dont trust it that much.
                DELETED

Comment

This is from Gamespot.com - at the Tokyo Game Show

Final Fantasy 7 - Advent Children
                  Original CG movie set in the FFVII world slated for next year.

At a second press conference today Square Enix announced a new twist on an old favorite with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, an original CG movie using characters from the franchise's first appearance on Sony hardware. The announcement put to rest the months of speculation on a remake of Final Fantasy VII with the revelation that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children would revisit the characters from the classic game. A brief clip of the movie was shown that gave glimpses of Cloud and Sephiroth's new look and the high level of detail going into the CG. At present, the movie is expected to run roughly 60 minutes. How it will be distributed and what the final incarnation of it will be remains to be seen, as Square reps at the conference didn't provide many specific details. During a Q&A session following the presentation of the movie clip, the subject of a proper Final Fantasy VII remake was brought up. Those involved with Advent Children stated that if the original FFVII wasn't playable on current hardware, remaking FFVII would be something they would consider. However, with the backwards compatibility of the PlayStation 2, it is still possible to do so, which lowers the need for such a project. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is tentatively slated for a summer of 2004 release.
                  Last edited by Dameon Angell; 09-26-2003, 08:29 PM.
                  DELETED

Comment

That FF movie sucked. The story was mediocre, and the animation looked horribly outdated.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

this FF movie isn't out yet......
                      DELETED

Comment

If you're talking abut THE FF Movie, Jason, the animation was fucking awesome. But, yes, the story was crappy. It was nothing like the FF games.

Thanks for the info DA. I doubt they will make remake FF7 though.

Comment

YOU CAN STILL HOPE!!!!..... it probably won't happen tho, no.

And yeah, the quality of the animation and cgi in the FF:Spirits Within movie was amazing, and the small parts where ppl were shooting crap were cool. But outside of that, the story sucked. If they made a more action packed movie, or a Sci-Fi war movie, that woulda been better.
                          DELETED

Comment

Heck, the only thing Final Fantasy-ish about that film was the title and a character named Cid.

Comment

how can they forget the chocobos
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                              X