Gas Prices and Cartoons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices and Cartoons.

I heard from a friend today prices in Hawaii are 3/4 bucks a gallon. Is this true? If not, what are the prices? Also do tell how much gas is in your area (you don't have to live in America to reply )

And cartoons. Let's face it, cartoons blow these days. Post your favorite cartoon when you were a kid, and what cartoon (that is on now or has been recently) is the worst.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Children - Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life (its still good today!)
    Crap - Pokemon, Digimon, all that little kid jap anime crap.
    DELETED

Comment

prices are around 1.50 in Virginia

Ren and Stimpy, looney toons, althoughtthey obviously weren't new, rocko's modern life, yaaa
      Ну вот...

Comment

South park if its a cartoon..
        Good: Your children are sexually active.
        Bad: With each other
        Worse: And your wife.

Good: Hot outdoor sex.
        Bad: Getting arrested.
        Worse: By your husband

Good: The teacher likes your son.
        Bad: Sexually.
        Worse: The techer is a he.

Good: You go home for a quickie.
        Bad: you get caught by your wife
        Worse: You're with her sister.

Comment

Where do you live in Virginia? Anywhere near Alexandria?
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Wow, it's not too often that a thread gets off on a tangent in the opening post.

Gas prices around here are about 70 cents (Canadian) per litre. I'm not too keen on my conversions though.

Cartoons today aren't too bad. Often you'll find that they appeal to kids but still have a layer that kids won't get but adults would.

Examples:

The Ripping Friends - Silly gags for kids but homoerotic satire for aduilts
            The Powerpuff Girls - Hyperkinetic colours for kids, extra-stylized look and original narrative design for adults
            Spongebob Squarepants - Unpredictably funny for people of all ages

Since you asked about cartoons from our childhoods, what do people think of some recent remakes of those same cartoons?

For examples:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - While I was a big fan of the older version, the newer one has a grittier look and holds a little truer to the original comic. The original series quickly dissolved, losing cohesion and succombing to crass merchandizing. The latest update has a cleaner look and a Shredder that's a real bad-ass, not the comic fool he became in the original series.

He-man - The animation is much crisper and He-man's / Prince Adam's haircut doesn't make him look like sissy like in the original. And while the original He-man was a merchandizing machine, this new one has been able to tone that down a bit (though it is still very noticable). Plus the new Teela is hotter.

Justice League - Anyone who remembers the old Superfriends will cheer the fact that the Wonder Twins are not in this version. With the look of the Batman and Superman cartoons of the mid to late nineties, this cartoon is less hokey than the original incarnations with a darker atmosphere. And yes, this Aquaman is the one with the hook for a hand.

Transformers - I remember crying when I heard that Optimus Prime died in the Transformers movie. That was the first cartoon character I knew that "died", which shows how into the 80s cartoon I was. The last few years saw updates and retellings of the standard Transformers story, with varying results. The CGI Beast Wars was awesome, while Beast Machines became too philosophical. Robots In Disguise was infused with anime style but the story lacked coherence. Armada has a relatively toned down anime look but better character development. The characters paralel those from the original series but the storyline is crisper. And yes, Optimus does die.

Hmm... I didn't think this post would get so long, but hey, I love my toons.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
              The Ripping Friends - Silly gags for kids but homoerotic satire for aduilts
              haha, did you ever see The Ovulator? a villian who was a chicken, and he shot eggs from various orifices in his body

Ren and Stimpy was like that too, I can't believe I used to watch that on Nickelodeon...after watching it on TNN recently...I've come to realize that they're gay, and the show's a lot more disgusting than I'd originally thought, still a good show.

EDIT: i live in central Va, louisa....in between charlottesville and richmond
              Last edited by ÆNIMA; 09-30-2003, 08:54 PM.
              Ну вот...

Comment

The Ripping Friends was created by the same guy that created Ren and Stimpy, for those who didn't know.

I like the one with Manman and Boyboy. There was this part where the superhero Manman threw his sidekick Boyboy off a building and try to catch him by launching a grappling device. The only thing was, the grappling device looked like a finger and it shot out from his belt. In other words, a guy wearing tights is standing on a roof trying to catch his boy wonder with a fleshy protrubence that shoots out from below the waist.

Oh, and for local Toronto guys, the voice of Crag is none other than Mark Dailey, the voice for CityTV.

Comment

I figured Ripping Friends was made by the same people as Ren and Stimpy, there were so many simularities, especially those detailed close ups...man those were always freaky.

Do they still show Ripping Friends? Last I saw it was on Saturday ABC cartoons probably a year ago.
                  Ну вот...

Comment

I didn't go off tanget, I condensed 2 questions into one topic to avoid spamming. I thought it would be easier than seeing multiple topics by one person.

Comment

I always thought Tom and Jerry was the best american animated series.

gas is about 1.50 here at state college, which is still cheaper than the philly suburbs.
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        Crap - Pokemon, Digimon, all that little kid jap anime crap.
                        I saw a whole episode of german dubbed Yu Gi Oh, it scarred me for life.
                        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Yugi-Oh is even worse than DBZ when it comes to acutally getting anywhere plot-wise in one episode.

Comment

come to England its the 3rd most expensive place in the world for Gas. (car fuel to us brits)

Its around 4 times as expensive than in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                              Yugi-Oh is even worse than DBZ when it comes to acutally getting anywhere plot-wise in one episode.
                              Still better than exploitation now!
                              (although strictly speaking EN doesn't have episodes)

Comment

Working...
                              X